Let's see some Interstellar crafts!!!

I think the lag would be helped more by having a faster processor, but i'm no expert. I'm using the hack right now and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference to the frame rate, just gets past the 3.2 gig limit. If .24 is coming soon though i'd hold off on the hack. It's stable-ish right now, although a lot of mods don't play too nicely with it, but the official x64 version should be way more stable seeing as it will be inbuilt.

Im running an i7 980x at 4.2ghz

Hopefully more optimizations come soon as more mods emerge.

I cant complain for the price I paid, Ive already played over 300 hours worth of the game.

Now back to working on designing a SSTO shuttle.

One of my most successful reusable boosters is this thermal-powered, air breathing launcher, Da Missile. It can place 20mt into LKO, but it does need a powerful microwave transmitter network to function properly. In the early days before I had keo-stationary power generators/relay satellites, I'd launch this thing, the power would drop off, and then I'd have to make a hop to a nearby landmass. Really annoying. Eventually I mastered the launch though, and DaMissile replaced my other conventional boosters.

DaMissile.png

This is Scilab (THIS! IS! SCILAB! *Boot into the pit of depair* ;) ), my original space station on my current playthrough. Very little of the original station is left at this point. If you look closely, you'll see a fuel tank/docking node, and attached to that is the original laboratory module. Scilab was originally created to test out the Biomass mod and to serve as a testbed for a kiwi nuclear reactor. I eventually decided that Biomass was a mess and de-orbited that section of the space station. It had a kethane converter for awhile and served as a fuel depot as well until I orbited the drydock, at which point its big orange tanks were decomissioned. Once I got rid of the nuclear reactor, I brought up a microwave thermal power module, antimatter tanks, and additional lab modules to turn Scilab into an antimatter production facility. That bootstrapped my efforts to use antimatter throughout the Kerbol system.

Scilab.png

Here's my prototype antimatter collector, converted into an antimatter collection station. The prototype collector is towards the bottom of the screenshot, followed by a collector array, and finally, the warp propulsion module. I don't really need it but it serves as a backup station in case my antimatter tanker is elsewhere.

AntimatterCollector.png

Finally, here is Prometheus Station. It expands upon the prototype collector's satellite bus and adds a whole bunch of collectors. Originally, I had Prometheus in a 900km Kerbin orbit collecting about 100mg of antimatter per day. But It wasn't keeping up with Scilab, so I moved it to Jool orbit, where it gobbles up antimatter.

PrometheusStation.png

Edited by Angel-125

• 2 weeks later...

Testing my prototype ARC-N exploration plane with Jeb gleefully at the helm. (Atmospheric Reconnaissance Craft - Nuclear) It's for my mission to Duna I'm planning. I'm still pretty early in the career mode tech tree at the moment.

FhMsXaC.jpg

Here's the larger science-lab toting version.

io0q8UL.jpg

Here's my Joolian AM collector. It collects 63.9 grams of Antimatter per day. It provides enough transmitted power for small craft around Jool. It can also make vehicles using the Extraplanetary Launchpad mod.

2nqfm94.jpg

Wow. That's a feat of engineering right there.

I once tried sending up the arms in 1-2 missions from Kerbin until I looked at the weight. Each arm has 16 collectors at, what, 3 tons each? Ugh. It was easier to build it in space from spaceparts. RCS on either end of a single arm + a big mono tank on the docking port. They just slide into place.

The core of the EL launchpads was shipped out with an Alcubierre taxi. My current taxi design is not enough. I'm not good at using it outside Kerbin orbit. Going towards the sun is easier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.