Share YOUR most annoying moments in KSP

GiantTank

Simple.

For me, it was when I went to Duna (5 minutes ago). Well, screw you Ike. Seriously, every time I tried to lower my orbit, it would fling me into Duna, onto an escape trajectory, or make me crash into friggin Ike! Wow

I launched a Space Station to Mun. However, had to back out of flight because of my sun satellite got pulled by Dres and crashed ������ So I come back. Everything going well. Getting a feeling its going to be an easy smooth landing.

Getting ng to the moon. Trying to turn on landing light. No electricity left. Forgot to expand solar panels while in space. Expanding them, one gets ripped off, making the station look awful. So, I have to go all the way back to Kerbin, and I cant revert the flight. And no man is left behind.

So I send a huge fuel tank with nuclear engines go my craft drifting in moon orbit. In the end, it took me 50 minutes to complete the return mission. After slight adjustments I got into the 2nd launch of moon base headquarters and successfully created a new moon base :D

Most annoying would I think be any control screws. Switching focus in map view by Shift+Tab - and throttling up my engines. Pressing W to go up - when I'm EVAing and that means go forward. Even trying to bring up the debug menu and getting the Steam overlay instead (before I disabled the Steam overlay because of this).

Then there's Kerbodyne decoupler bug, and the extents I went through testing that only to find it was already a solved problem.

And, of course, the propensity of Kerbals to suffer fatal trips when walking.

I'd say the most annoying thing that's ever happened to me was when I was landing my first Duna base. I was coming down on the right spot, right on the equator. It was going perfectly when suddenly the parachutes decide to become self aware and fly away, taking the fuel module with them.

When I was building my Troy base on Duna, I sent two components to land in roughly the same location: one habitation module, and one power station. The power station was equipped with wheels and was to drive towards the other module and attach itself by the docking port in the front. However, these wheels broke on impact, and the power station was rendered completely immobile - two kilometers away from its destination.

With no Kerbals around to repair it, I had no choice but to improvise. So I took the Surveyor rover I had sent earlier to push it in place instead. It was a slow and tedious process, cruising between dunes and taking detours all the time, but eventually it worked out, and Surveyor was renamed Stallion in recognition of its hard work

1vBfrkz.png

I have my problems with Eve:

After I first landed a Probe on it, with no problems, I decided to land a station with Kerbels. It was relatively early after I started to play KSP so I decided to make it a one-way-trip. To get as much science as possible I added a lab, so the station was pretty big. But everything went fine, it landed on Eve without a scratch. So I started to discover Eve with one of my Kerbels, collected some science and wanted to return to the station to send it home... and I couldn't get up the f* ladder ...:blush:.

I should really have tested it before on Kerbin...

After some time I tried to fly the mission again with a different ship/station. I can't remember what happend, but it was something similar. I think the ladder worked this time but I forgot to add a comm device. So no science again...

A problem big problem that I have with Eve is I can't really distinguish between land and ocean. My last mission to Eve landed in the Sea. Although I was absolutely shure I was going for an island ... until the probe actually hit the water:huh:

This happened to me only once, but it left me wanting to scream my face off.

I installed a mod (forgot which one), and now there were asteroids around Jool that I could redirect. So, I hyperedited my way there and began the redirect mission. All is perfect up until the last approach, which is happening way too fast, and then I realize that I forgot an ARM! The spacecraft flies into the asteroid and is smashed to bits. Rarely have I ever felt like such an idiot. XD

Attempted an Eve manned return lander mission. Launched, transferred, aerobraked, and did the chute-assisted descent and landed without damage at an altitude high enough that I could get back to orbit. The lander design was such that the kerbal sat in a lander can near the bottom of the ship for the descent; for the ascent it would be jettisoned along with the gear and chutes while the kerbal rode back to orbit in a stylish lawn chair. After the obligatory flag planting and photo op, it was time for ascent so I sent the kerbal up the ladder to the chair. That's when I realized I hadn't put an angled ladder section on top to get over the lip of the fuel tank, so there was no way for him to get to the chair. I would have launched with him on the ladder, but the ship had no probe core to control it.

Very annoying to have an intact, fully fueled rocket ready to take your kerbal home and it doesn't work because kerbals can't scramble over the lip of a tank. I ended up hacking gravity for a moment to use the jet pack to get him up there.

finaly made a big lander and a transfer stage that took 30 minutes to build, finaly made enough stuff to get to jool, finally made an ecounter with val it was like 1 and a half hour of game play, i saved, i crashed once, half an hour later, actualy landed on vall , except i made the landing legs upside down

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.