[v0.90/v.25]Transparent Pods v1.2.2 for KSP v0.90

nli2work

I am open to the possibility that I am wrong but these pics seem to indicate that there is a problem. *Tries to link to pics*

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="//imgur.com/a/awSMW/embed"></iframe>

http://imgur.com/a/awSMW

i'd also like to note that the cargo bays and the tail ramp part are too small... i can fit inside them but getting out of the tail cargo bay/ramp is the problem (i mainly use small rovers using the probodyne RoveMate and Rovemax wheels) it just clips on the edges and i can't get out. had to resize them a bit to make em usable.

Ah yeah, I'll fix the attach node. you can replace the stack nodes for ED051 with these in the mean time. Sorry about that.

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

ED399 is okay though. it's meant for 3.5m tanks and it attaches okay for the most part.

@AntiMatter

DOh, thats what I get for not using my parts haha. I'll fix it in the next update. Need to fix the model for a real fix.

update:

got a good scale now, tail is wide enough for a rovemate/rovemax wheel rover with a little spare clearance room. added ramp extension to tail hatch. about 2.25m interior width cargo hold with good wide flat floor. Now I just need to get the rest of the parts to the same size and fix the attach nodes.

Edited by nli2work

Ah yeah, I'll fix the attach node. you can replace the stack nodes for ED051 with these in the mean time. Sorry about that.

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

ED399 is okay though. it's meant for 3.5m tanks and it attaches okay for the most part.

@AntiMatter

DOh, thats what I get for not using my parts haha. I'll fix it in the next update. Need to fix the model for a real fix.

update:

got a good scale now, tail is wide enough for a rovemate/rovemax wheel rover with a little spare clearance room. added ramp extension to tail hatch. about 2.25m interior width cargo hold with good wide flat floor. Now I just need to get the rest of the parts to the same size and fix the attach nodes.

wow o.O that was fast. have the links been updated or is it still the same?

Edited by AntiMatter001
dun goofed

wow o.O that was fast. have the links been updated or is it still the same?

links are still old. I just fixed the tail section so far as it required the most rework. the rest just need scale and attach nodes adjusted. new link probably by Sat. I got a few additions to round out the med sized parts for transportation.

links are still old. I just fixed the tail section so far as it required the most rework. the rest just need scale and attach nodes adjusted. new link probably by Sat. I got a few additions to round out the med sized parts for transportation.

oh well gues i have to wait :P thanks for the quick reply tho and keep up the good work!

Would that be possible to have a tail ramp with two attachment points instead of one? It looks like they would fit, especially after the resize. That could make for some nifty twin tail designs. Also, are you planning to work on the IVAs for those parts?

you mean like horizontal twin attach point? yea that would look pretty nice.

the new bits should make VTOLs transports pretty fun with couple more pulse jet engines.

IVAs yes, for the cockpit; science and crew compartment. those take a long time so don't expect any quick updates after this weekend. :D

you build VTOLs with B9's small engine pods with integrated intake? does the vehicle tend to flip out of control beyond very small pitch and roll? only way I've been able to counter it is super strong SAS. I don't know if it normal or something wrong with my engines.

Edited by nli2work

Can't wait. :) Oh, and now that I think of it, I've got more small suggestions:

1. A pointed nose cone for the rectangular fuselage system, similar to 1.25m one.

2. Short (similar in size to short fuel tank) utility section for the square fuselage cargo bay.

3. Fixed mount .50cal, something like the gun in the quad .50 nosecone, but meant for surface attachment.

4. A MIG-31-style rectangular intake, for rectangular fuselage.

I think those parts would all be useful, yet not so hard to make.

pointed nose cone for rect fuselage can be done with one of the adapters no? the stretched rect to 1.25m adapter flowed quite nicely into the pointy nose cone, by coincidence. I'm thinking of combining those two adapters into one part using mesh switcher.

the rest are pretty easy I can probably get them in with this weekends update.

I have a problem with all of the fuel tank parts not giving the option to change between structural/fuel/LFO/MP. It seems that they are stuck with LFO texture with structural stats. Any tips?

updated Firespitter? link for DLL is in OP

sorry, I wavered back and forth between keeping them separate or together. in the end it was easier to update one mod on kerbalstuff/mediafire instead of 2 or 3

it's easy delete the other parts. the ED and Aerospikes use the same textures, all start with ED*, rest the textures you can safely delete. FX and Audio are descriptively named. anything without "rocket" in the file name is not referenced by the rocket engines.

Edited by nli2work

i hope you keep your word :P this mod is the last mod i'm waiting on for an update.

Disappointing about the SmokeScreen mach cone. :( I was wondering about that, too.

Grabbing the new parts. :)

EDIT: I see you made a new scheme! Sweet as. I assume extracting the zip will replace all the textures permanently? Could I maybe suggest making textures swappable via tweakables like some others do? I like the black, too! :)

Edited by SmiteZero

Retro-Future v1.6.5 (sorry for the quick bump in version #, one small fix was needed to get the pulse jet working again)

New Parts:

Radial Pulse Detonation Ejection Thrust Augmentation engine

Radial Linear Aerospike

Structural section with integrated PDETA system. Configurable as cargo bay or fuel section

Half-length Utility section

SAS Module with crew passage.

Changes:

med 2m parts scaled up to 2.5m width as default size

improved functionality for retractable Docking port jr

initial pass TweakScale integration

fixed attach node for ED051

some stuff didn't make it in. They'll have to wait till after I get the IVAs done.

Edited by nli2work

Why did you scale it up? The previous size was fine. Now it's too much like the S2 cargo fuselage in B9. It's too big now, IMO. Please, make 2m the default size, you can't use TweakScale with cockpits because IVAs can't be rescaled. 2.5m is larger than most real helos, not to mention there are many parts that size already. Just look at the Kerbal compartment - all that overhead space is wasted. Smaller rovers can be made.

Edited by Guest

Why did you scale it up? The previous size was fine. Now it's too much like the S2 cargo fuselage in B9. It's too big now, IMO. Please, make 2m the default size, you can't use TweakScale with cockpits because IVAs can't be rescaled. 2.5m is larger than most real helos, not to mention there are many parts that size already. Just look at the Kerbal compartment - all that overhead space is wasted. Smaller rovers can be made.

I'll add TweakScale to bring back 1.8m option later. There're really no peripheral parts that fit the smaller format at the moment without TweakScale; radial tanks look too big, landing gears look too big. Just need to figure out MM syntax to exclude parts with CrewCapacity. Eventually there will be a 1 kerbal cockpit for the 1.8m scale; current 2 kerbal cockpit for the 2.5m; and a larger cockpit for 3.75m or larger. The 2.5m IVA might even work for 1.8m without modifications.

one side effect is you'll have to put up with odd sized attachment points. a 0.625m attachment point at 2.5m will be small on 1.8m. a 0.625m attachment point will be too big on a 2.5m

Edited by nli2work

I'd say, this change simply isn't too well thought out. 1.8m should definitely have a 2 Kerbal cockpit (the current one). Give the 2.5m one three Kerbals instead (pilot, copilot, loadmaster). Gear were fine, too, the stowable gear were perfect there, in fact. My advise is, keep TweakScale to parts that aren't adapters (because it causes size problems) and in general keep 1.8m as it used to be. And no, 2.5m IVA won't work for 1.8m, there will be scaling issues. I can't even update to the new version without rebuilding every craft I made using those parts, so try to consider that, too. In general, save-breaking changes should be avoided if possible. This is another reason to keep the default at 1.8 (or 2.1, whatever it was at in 1.6.3).

I'd rather see it restored and 2.5m parts implemented separately. "Common" parts could be done via TweakScale (I'm not too fond of it, BTW, and I'm not the only one), but adapters, cockpits and fuel tanks need to be bespoke (TweakScale doesn't play well with FSFuelSwitch nor MFT/RF). And keep the parts in the size you first implemented them in, with any additional ones being accessible via TweakScale. This way, you'll avoid breaking saves.

Edited by Guest

I'd say, this change simply isn't too well thought out. 1.8m should definitely have a 2 Kerbal cockpit (the current one). Give the 2.5m one three Kerbals instead (pilot, copilot, loadmaster). Gear were fine, too, the stowable gear were perfect there, in fact. My advise is, keep TweakScale to parts that aren't adapters (because it causes size problems) and in general keep 1.8m as it used to be. And no, 2.5m IVA won't work for 1.8m, there will be scaling issues. I can't even update to the new version without rebuilding every craft I made using those parts, so try to consider that, too. In general, save-breaking changes should be avoided if possible. This is another reason to keep the default at 1.8 (or 2.1, whatever it was at in 1.6.3).

I'd rather see it restored and 2.5m parts implemented separately. "Common" parts could be done via TweakScale (I'm not too fond of it, BTW, and I'm not the only one), but adapters, cockpits and fuel tanks need to be bespoke (TweakScale doesn't play well with FSFuelSwitch nor MFT/RF). And keep the parts in the size you first implemented them in, with any additional ones being accessible via TweakScale. This way, you'll avoid breaking saves.

so you don't use TweakScale at all? I plan on integrating more TweakScale in the future, not less. Otherwise it would become pages of essentially identical parts a different sizes. I think it's more reasonable to default at the common place step of 1.25; 2.5; 3.75; etc. and use TweakScale for intermediate steps like 1.8/2m. 2.5 is halfway, can step up or down without needing new textures or models.

you're right single IVA won't work for two sizes in KSP; But two different sized INTERNAL{}s can share same mesh and texture just like any other part. Or I could just leave out the IVA altogether and stick TweakScale on everything. :D

The gears were too large for me, Stow Gear especially; it was clipping through the floor and walls. Even at 2.5m I have to scale them down to 70%. It was an experiment to see how far I can push the side deployment design, it worked well enough that I kept it, but it was far from ideal. I may phase it out or completely redesign it in the future. I intended to make some pontoon gears more suitable for the new parts, but didn't get around to it yet.

Here's an MM patch that sets the sizes to what they were in 1.6.3. I'll see how TweakScale integration plays out for a version or two. If it gives people alot of trouble I'll drop it and stick to narrower scale ranges and just build peripheral parts to support it.

@PART[med2m*]:FOR[RetroFuture] 
{
@rescaleFactor = 0.8695
}

Edited by nli2work

nli2work, I have featured you work a little in my stream last night and some people were all " where you get that mod from " " the one with all the propellers" So i linked the thread here so if you have an increase in downloads its all my fault!

I Also took up my spitfire design and I REALLY am starting to long how easy it is to fly, took out the Admin building in my frist attempt with teo 250lbs bombs but the 8 50cal guns didn't take out anything to my shock.

Anywho will download the newest update and look around, but on a side note tweakscale is good, yet very very buggy when it comes to mirroring parts. on will be the default part however the cloned part will be max sized with no way to reduce it and bugged out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.