1,282 members have voted

1. 1. What to work on next?

• More wheels
    • More tracks
    • Rover bodies
    • Landing gear
    • Landing legs
    • Something completely different

Well I found a fix earlier in the thread, but the problem is it removes the dust effects when on normal ground too. I don't want to have the sparks when driving at KSC, but I don't want to lose the dust flying up behind the vehicle as I think it looks cool. Can anyone help me with this?

Well I found a fix earlier in the thread, but the problem is it removes the dust effects when on normal ground too. I don't want to have the sparks when driving at KSC, but I don't want to lose the dust flying up behind the vehicle as I think it looks cool. Can anyone help me with this?

One or the other, sorry. Sparks and dust, or no sparks and no dust. Until Collision FX gets updated to specifically handle wheels and kicking up dust but no sparks, that's all you can do.

Thanks guys. Indeed, afraid nothing I can do about the sparks this end. I do love the dust, though.

Be interested in the log if it does happen again, Chrisl.

Really sick with (man)flu, so not much likely to get done over the next few days, I'm afraid :/

The sparks are being looked into. Like I said, I sent the author a message about some experimental changes i made in his source that I believe would allow you to specify if you want dust or sparks, separately, without breaking anything. Can't test the changes out myself though.

Aren't you glad you didn't go for full release this week :wink:

Yes! Though the worst problem seems to something that has absolutely nothing to do with me :)

The sparks are being looked into. Like I said, I sent the author a message about some experimental changes i made in his source that I believe would allow you to specify if you want dust or sparks, separately, without breaking anything. Can't test the changes out myself though.

Do you get a compile snafu with pizzas code?

Here, my first new creation: http://gfycat.com/EdibleSelfishIslandcanary

The Collision FX mod adds the nice dust effects. But also the sparks.

Thanks for making me inspired and making this APC. :P

I forgot to add in a wheel base, everything looked horrible, so in the end I just made it hover. Because why the heck not.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Aerolfos

That's cool!

You can put the five digit code near the end between imgur tags {imgur]xdblv[/imgur} tags - just change the curly braces to square ones, I've done that so the forum doesn't parse it.

Edited by lo-fi

Hey guys. I've just be searching over the thread but can't seem to find any clear answer.

Can someone tell me what the suspension slider does for wheels/tracks? I've shifting it around and driving around KSC but I don't really notice anything? what's meant to happen?

Ah, I ought to write some instructions. It adjusts the suspension height, but you have to click the 'apply wheel settings' button, at which point that setting will get applied to all the wheels or tracks on that craft with a matching group number slider setting. Group 0 always only modifies the part you've got selected, regardless of whether other parts are in group 0.

Ah, I ought to write some instructions. It adjusts the suspension height, but you have to click the 'apply wheel settings' button, at which point that setting will get applied to all the wheels or tracks on that craft with a matching group number slider setting. Group 0 always only modifies the part you've got selected, regardless of whether other parts are in group 0.

Adding to what Lo-Fi has said, you may also need to increase the other two sliders related to the suspension (strength and dampening) to really see the effects.

Inspired by the BV-206, this will be one of the few asymmetric track units that may get produced. They're such a pain to set up (around 4x the work of a normal track unit) and I hate doing it, but I really wanted to make a 206 :/

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i.imgur.com/Uf23jtM.png' alt='Uf23jtM.png'>

I can't remember, was it you that was looking into a single flexible link to hitch up two BV-206 type units? Better trailer options would be a nice addition, connecting an array of floppy IR joints can be hassle.

.....although after a good few hours code diving IR and playing with joints and raycasts, I think I can at least make a sort of hook and eye towing hitch that will enable towed (but non docked!) trailers using a flexible joint.

The idea is to make it work like docking ports, but with a flexible joint that will break if you go beyond certain limits and it won't join everything into one vessel. I'll add coupling force to make lining it up easier if I can manage it.

From there, it'll be interesting to see if I can add fuel and electric lines to the hitch, but this is totally unknown territory for me. KAS source may yield some answers.

Onwards!

Yes, no problem there, but there's nothing more fancy tech tree wise than requiring advanced motors like the larger stock wheels. Costs are likely all over the place - it's something I tend to overlook as I never play career, but will get sorted out eventually. You may wish to config edit in the meantime.

Oh, there is one known career mode bug that just appeared in .90: KSP detects the tracks as way larger than they actually are, which can cause problems before assembly buildings are upgraded and still size constrained. Its a game bug I can do nothing about, I'm afraid. All other parts will be fine, though.

I'll add that to the OP, it will confuse a few people otherwise, no doubt!

Yes! Though the worst problem seems to something that has absolutely nothing to do with me :)

Do you get a compile snafu with pizzas code?

Actually, it was the lack of a project file. I managed to throw one together though, and I have it loading okay in the game, but have yet to test it due to some kSP memory overloads I'm dealing with.

oh, by the way, I was looking at my log lately and it seems there's a complaint from a few of the parts that a module by the name of "ModuleMirror" does not exist. I had a look at the code and it's been renamed to "KFModuleMirror" but a few of the parts were not updated to use that new module name. I don't know if the same problem exists in the latest release, since I work off of github instead, but it's something to look at.

Edited by Gaalidas