[1.2] USI Survivability Pack (Formerly DERP) [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

The DERP is going to be moved to a larger Survivability Pack, which includes the DERP, the upcoming HERP, my inflatable airbags, some flotation devices that need a home, as well as a bunch of bits centered around crew and crash survivability.

I look forward to this! What exactly does HERP stand for? :)

The DERP is going to be moved to a larger Survivability Pack, which includes the DERP, the upcoming HERP, my inflatable airbags, some flotation devices that need a home, as well as a bunch of bits centered around crew and crash survivability.

is this 'Survivability Pack' going to have a .DLL?... because... PLUGINS... /sarcasmOff

Huge Emergency Rescue Pod? Basically one of those inflatable bounce-house castles with a few bottle rockets taped to the side, some juice boxes and a pack of stale cookies? And I suppose a tarp for DRE purposes...

edit: I always think of DERP as an inflatable version of the pod from The Incredibles...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rover,

I am testing your D.E.R.P module, but it seems it does not work for me for some reason.

Test Scenario:

1 Cuppola

1 Hitchhiker Container

5x DERP (with engine part) - 1 for cuppola, 4x hitchiker

I have tested on launchpad with following scenario

- inflated Life modules

- pressed evacuate action group

- pressed decouple from the engine action button

the pods deploy, but no kerbals are transferred in them, they are still in the main craft.

Also, the evacuate buttons are not available from right click menu as option, only action group

Also note that I am using Vanguard plugin for the ejection seats, so I am not sure if that messed up things

IMO the Evacuate should be sort of an action sequence:

1. Inflate Pods

2. Transfer Kerbals

3. Eject

Let me know if I am missing something, or did something wrong

Hi Rover,

I am testing your D.E.R.P module, but it seems it does not work for me for some reason.

Test Scenario:

1 Cuppola

1 Hitchhiker Container

5x DERP (with engine part) - 1 for cuppola, 4x hitchiker

I have tested on launchpad with following scenario

- inflated Life modules

- pressed evacuate action group

- pressed decouple from the engine action button

the pods deploy, but no kerbals are transferred in

Also, the evacuate buttons are not available from right click menu as option, only action group

Also note that I am using Vanguard plugin for the ejection seats, so I am not sure if that messed up things

Let me know if I am missing something

evac button is a known issue, this is still full of bees, a rework is almost done and will be released with 0.25 or possibly sooner

- - - Updated - - -

Can you add a realchute config again??

I'll need to see if the latest one I was given works - thus far they have exploded the DERP ;)

evac button is a known issue, this is still full of bees, a rework is almost done and will be released with 0.25 or possibly sooner

- - - Updated - - -

Lol that was a fast update.

I'll need to see if the latest one I was given works - thus far they have exploded the DERP ;)

So bottom line, I transfer them manually to pods in space and launch, correct ?

Also I have noted one thing in your description.

You are talking about evacuating pods. I would suggest DERP being able to evacuate any piece that has kerbals in.

(as I am not sure if your OKS components, stock Lab, and Hitchhiker module qualify as pods)

Also I have noted one thing in your description.

You are talking about evacuating pods. I would suggest DERP being able to evacuate any piece that has kerbals in.

(as I am not sure if your OKS components, stock Lab, and Hitchhiker module qualify as pods)

That's the intent :)

Just a feature request. Unless you think it is unbalanced, would it be possible to make the DERP able to carry experiments? I was going to use one to return my Kerbal from the Mun with all of the science that wasn't transmitted. IT was then that I realized it cannot do that. It seems if the Kerbal can carry the experiments on his person he should be able to carry it in the DERP as well.

Just a feature request. Unless you think it is unbalanced, would it be possible to make the DERP able to carry experiments? I was going to use one to return my Kerbal from the Mun with all of the science that wasn't transmitted. IT was then that I realized it cannot do that. It seems if the Kerbal can carry the experiments on his person he should be able to carry it in the DERP as well.

GitHub request please ;)

If i replace the original mod with this new version, will it recognize parts on my already launched space station, or do i need to do a refit with new ones ?

Also how does evacuate work. Must DERP be on the part where kerbal is in or will it simply evacuate nearest one ?

If i replace the original mod with this new version, will it recognize parts on my already launched space station, or do i need to do a refit with new ones ?

Also how does evacuate work. Must DERP be on the part where kerbal is in or will it simply evacuate nearest one ?

In-place update. When you evac a derp it grabs the first Kerbal it can find that's not already in a derp, and jettisons itself.

Hi, RoverDude. Thanks for this among your other amazing mods!

I was derping around with DERP and I can't get the parts to attach in EVA. I don't have a better way to describe the failure mode other than saying that the nodes always seemed to be on the wrong side. Like I could attach the DERP engine unit to the hull of the ship, but I couldn't get the pod part to attach to the engine part. Or if I tried to put the engine part directly on the pod, the engine would be attached backwards.

Is that something that you might have already fixed up?

Thanks!

Hi, RoverDude. Thanks for this among your other amazing mods!

I was derping around with DERP and I can't get the parts to attach in EVA. I don't have a better way to describe the failure mode other than saying that the nodes always seemed to be on the wrong side. Like I could attach the DERP engine unit to the hull of the ship, but I couldn't get the pod part to attach to the engine part. Or if I tried to put the engine part directly on the pod, the engine would be attached backwards.

Is that something that you might have already fixed up?

Thanks!

right click and store like you would a KAS container into a bin ;) it will snap right into place

Survivability Pack 0.1.0 PRE-RELEASE is up!

This may still have bees - but less bees ;) report what breaks, report what works.

Includes the fixed DERP now with evac support and two testures, bouncier airbags, and floaties :)

Since I see you have changed the name DERP -> Survivability Pack, does that mean that folder structure has changed or ?

Can't wait to test evacuate my station ;-)