Colonizing in style! Post shots of your triumphant crew!

SlimJim89

The last base I had was shut down over the two weeks of christmas. Most of the crew had vacated and only 4 stayed behind with the bare minimums, so I sent them some presents for christmas before they were brought back to LKO like the rest of the base.

lycl3lp7nir8ehrfg.jpg

The rover and the tree stayed behind to mark the old spot and to search for a new one. Just never really got around to it.

Hmm, how my "colonies" have gone:

On Laythe (.21):

http://i.imgur.com/4CMHN2r.png

On Minmus:

http://i.imgur.com/3ylJqOy.png

I really like your mono rover. Is the probe cores torque enough to keep it upright? Does it stay vertical on hills?

I assume the little cubic struts are to keep it from falling all the way over if you crash. Can it get back up if you fall over on one of them?

My earliest attempt at a Lunar Hotel setup. It isn't pretty but it got 34 Kerbals up there in one shot, not I just need a way to unhook the lander cans and setup an actual colony.

1exdmg.png

I may try to use a RCS setup along with landing legs to make small pod homes. Maybe one day....

I have been inspired by SlimJim98's picture to make my own Laythe colony using EPL and Kethane as well as some other add-ons. I won't be using B9 though, because it uses far too much memory to be used with too many other add-ons.

I have been inspired by SlimJim98's picture to make my own Laythe colony using EPL and Kethane as well as some other add-ons. I won't be using B9 though, because it uses far too much memory to be used with too many other add-ons.

Hey thanks! Glad I could help, and you're sure about not using B9? It's awesome :)

GUAMmcC.png

Seriously though, get active texture manager(or whatever the name was) it reduces a lot of mod memory issues and holds off crashes for a long time.

Hey thanks! Glad I could help, and you're sure about not using B9? It's awesome :)

http://i.imgur.com/GUAMmcC.png

Seriously though, get active texture manager(or whatever the name was) it reduces a lot of mod memory issues and holds off crashes for a long time.

I may add B9, I'm just not sure if I want to add other add-ons than what I am starting off with, and B9 would limit that amount of other add-ons. I also don't like the long loading times.

No ones posted here for a while so I'll give it a go to keep it going :D

Some really nice stuff guys too by the way.

Below is My newest vessal The ChrisCorp Laythe Aircraft carrier Mk II

NQRwAro.jpg

Able to come down via water or land

Y7a0cDd.jpg

I just love the smoke on the water look. Removes excess parts to keep count low

EMM5zVX.jpg

Comes complete with add-ons which all dock to carrier

uKSrS5H.jpg

ZKoR6ne.jpg

Edited by KandoKris

Mechjeb is REALLY making me angry by making the scanner probe mission to laythe a failure by putting the probe in a retrograde orbit which meant I couldn't get into robit around laythe. Mechjeb atm is a piece of -censored-.

2rPFkQZ.jpg

My Kethane mining rig on the mun at the site of my future colony. It is actually not there as I accidentally closed the game without saving, but I relaunched it and it will land at the same spot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.