Advanced Grabbing Unit BUG!?!??! HELP!

Trying to make a stock bay door to drive rovers up into for a plane.

2 grabbers attached to one object apparently break it and don't work properly... I'm using 2 on each side instead of 1 in the middle because with 1 the rover wouldn't be able to drive up the ramp over the grabber.

Visuals:

http://imgur.com/a/Eo9jl

I suppose I could put 1 claw under it like this:

===

|...__________

|___C

But I'm really wondering why having 2 is messing up.

Solutions?

Edited by Saggachi

Hmmm. I can't say anything about them claws, but the one time I needed a flexible part, stringing together toroidal tanks worked a treat.

To move that ramp by 20-30 degrees, you shouldn't need that many tanks. Possibly only as many as to make up for the length of a single 1x1 panel.

+Rep for using the docking port as a snapper.

I would try putting them on without symmetry, sph has a weird way of doing it.

Didn't work.

Hmmm. I can't say anything about them claws, but the one time I needed a flexible part, stringing together toroidal tanks worked a treat.

To move that ramp by 20-30 degrees, you shouldn't need that many tanks. Possibly only as many as to make up for the length of a single 1x1 panel.

+Rep for using the docking port as a snapper.

Wow I didn't know you could do that with toroidal tanks! Thanks!

Also, I did it the under and facing up way (in the diagram thing in the OP) and it worked after some finagling. Anyway thanks for the help. If there are any other wonky tricky ways to make grabbing easier please let me know though.

Edited by Saggachi

It's a reported bug with the claw. Grabbing onto a ship with two claws from another ship causes one of them to invert. Note, it will do this even if the "target" ship being grabbed is not the one with the claws, so long as the claws are on the same "grabber" ship.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.