TAC containers by R.R. Dynamics Inc.

Sentmassen

It's a nice part pack, but it seems that inline parts are a little smaller than they should be, because you're using external radius (including these protruding rounded-rectangular thingies) for part size. They look weird when attached to fuel tanks, for example. May I suggest using cylinder diameter as part size instead?

I definitely agree with that!

It's a nice part pack, but it seems that inline parts are a little smaller than they should be, because you're using external radius (including these protruding rounded-rectangular thingies) for part size. They look weird when attached to fuel tanks, for example. May I suggest using cylinder diameter as part size instead?

I purposefully made them a little small. But you can resize them to taste if you go into the container .CFG and set the re-scale to 1.48-1.49. Now it depends on what you mean by cylinder diameter, because all stock containers kind of have two.

FL-T200_Fuel_Tank_Transparent.png

There is the main body diameter, and the grey end cap diameter. The medium tanks are pretty close to the main body scale, but if your using say, KW parts, which I think just are one smooth tube that matches the end cap diameter, they would likely look odd and i would scale up to 1.51ish?.

But here is the problem I'm having using Tweak scale. Its not scaling things how I imagined they would. I can match the diameter of the medium container to the medium gas tanks but I find that the Large version seems too small. If I scale up the container so the large one looks good, the medium and small one look big. I could go into the tweakscale DLL and change the scaling it does (which I don't actually know how to do) but then it will mess with people that have the tweakscale mod, which would be bad.

The only alternative I can think of at this point is dupping the container CFG, renaming it to large, and adjusting its scale. This adds back parts to the VAB, were the whole point of adding tweakscale was to make individual parts redundant. Part of me just wants to go back to individual CFGs, yes it adds a lot of clutter, but I can easily customize for each size. This part mod is quickly ballooning to require the support of 2-3 other mods, kind of not the direction I wanted to go in.

If there is a way to make caveat so I can adjust tweak scale without messing with the core mod, I'd like to hear it.

also u could add for firespliter to switch textures also would be good.

I'm trying to get something like this working.

Edited by Sentmassen

all stock containers kind of have two.

It seems that "true" size for stock tanks is cap diameter for 1.25m tanks but main body one for 2.5m tanks. 3.75m tanks are simply cylindrical, no riddle there.

`rescaleFactor = 1.56` did the trick for me. That's what it looks like for stock parts and tanks from ProceduralParts pack:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by J.Random
[imgur] instead of fullsize pics

If there is a way to make caveat so I can adjust tweak scale without messing with the core mod, I'd like to hear it.

As I understand it, you can set custom scales for TS to use by doing something like this

SCALETYPE
{
name = MyMod
freeScale = false
massFactors = 0.0, 0.0, 1.0
scaleFactors = 0.5, 1.0, 2.0
scalenames = Small, Medium, Large
defaultScale = 1.0
}

then this

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = MyMod
}

You might want to ask Biotronic for help rescaling to something like 1.56 or whatever's needed, I'm sure he'd be glad to help.

It seems that "true" size for stock tanks is cap diameter for 1.25m tanks but main body one for 2.5m tanks. 3.75m tanks are simply cylindrical, no riddle there.

`rescaleFactor = 1.56` did the trick for me. That's what it looks like for stock parts and tanks from ProceduralParts pack:

http://imgur.com/a/F3Moz

As I understand it, you can set custom scales for TS to use by doing something like this....You might want to ask Biotronic for help rescaling to something like 1.56 or whatever's needed, I'm sure he'd be glad to help.

Yea, the 1.56 looks better on the larger parts. Personally I like the 1.25 part being a little small (I only use stock fuel tanks), but this is all mute because I've done some reading up on what ObsessedWithKsp mentioned and I can just set the thing to free scale, everyone will be happy.

giphy.gif

SO MUCH HAPPY

I'll do that, and make a optional download of my alt textures because I haven't figured out how to do texture swapping yet (I've asked around but no replied yet). Download should be up lateish tomorrow.

Edited by Sentmassen

Sorry guys, will be awhile before I can update this. My computer went kaput so I have to rebuilt it and install everything again.

I feel for you. Mine burned out and now taking over my GFs computer. (her's is better, I know because I built it.) :cool:

• 5 months later...

This looks absolutely amazing... I can't wait for TAC to be officialy updated to .90... I recently made my first (non cheated) mission to the Mun and back to Kerbin. back in .24/5, I always played with TAC and DRE, for .90 I desided not to use DRE, but I'm patientliy waiting for TAC to be updated, as its my favorite Life support mod. As well as its awesome integration with Universal Storage, which makes things alot easier. But looking at this mod, it seems like this has even more fun stuff I can slap onto the side of my ship! I think the only thing different I would have done would to have waited until I had proper docking ports (I've got Orbital Science, so I have the "attach-o-tron", but it has no fuel cross-feed, even with manual pumping) so I could have life support on the orbiter and send a lander down to the surface. My Next mission is to do that, send a shuttle that has a 2 stage lander, one that orbits, and the other lands and does science!

• 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.