[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Anybody found a cure yet for the big frame-rate drop when equipping bombs in the VAB or having them in flight. No errors are getting thrown, but my framerate drops about 30-50 FPS, and it only happens with bombs. Missiles and guns seem just fine.

Anybody found a cure yet for the big frame-rate drop when equipping bombs in the VAB or having them in flight. No errors are getting thrown, but my framerate drops about 30-50 FPS, and it only happens with bombs. Missiles and guns seem just fine.

Not sure here but people have been having problems with missing those parts specifically and it's possible the 2 could be related. If you have not done so try the thing listed in the quote below. If that doesn't work I have no idea.

Hi, I found a bug which failed load some parts (cluster bomb, mk82 bomb, mk82 snake bomb) sometimes.

The bug is probably caused by some file name contains space.

GameData/BDArmory/Parts/(clusterBomb|mk82Bomb|mk82BombBreak)/part[space!!!].cfg

I deleted space, it works.

I deleted the spaces and the parts show up fine, but the framerate drop is still there. The textures or models don't seem overly large, and nothing is throwing an error like I said before.

I'm thinking the aiming module might be the culprit, as it needs to do a constant velocity/angle/gravity ballistics calculation to remain as extremely accurate as it is, and somehow it might always be "on" in the background, even without the weapons manager turned on or present or the bombs armed.

This mod looks awesome, tested at 0.9 and looks like it works without issues. I'd like to ask you to make it KAS compatible if you could, it would be great if Kerbals were able to reload missiles in flight (e.g. get missile from cargo ship and attach it to Missile rail). Thanks anyway!

Does this work with 0.90? I've sifted through 10+ pages with no answer

Yes it does just make sure you have all of the parts as you may end up missing some bombs if this happens just go into the cfg and edit it by removing teh space designated by the arrow here> (partname^.cfg)

This mod looks awesome, tested at 0.9 and looks like it works without issues. I'd like to ask you to make it KAS compatible if you could, it would be great if Kerbals were able to reload missiles in flight (e.g. get missile from cargo ship and attach it to Missile rail). Thanks anyway!

I did see (quite a few pages back) that someone wrote a piece of code to make this mod (or at least parts of it) compatible with KAS and I know that there are 4th(?) party mods that have ammo boxes for the hydras that are KAS compatible.

I did see (quite a few pages back) that someone wrote a piece of code to make this mod (or at least parts of it) compatible with KAS and I know that there are 4th(?) party mods that have ammo boxes for the hydras that are KAS compatible.

I guess you just need to add the module that KAS uses to make parts pickupable and add them to whatever you want, from whichever mod you want.

That is what I remember.

And no, he is not back yet.

There is no compatibility in that case. Only dependencies.

I would prefer to have this mod a standalone and just be able to use it by itself, and not need a million other mods.

Anyway, it is possible to make it comptible yourself. If you look up SWDennis and his FPS vid he used KAS to pick up a resized Vulcan Gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is how this mod works with multiplayer.

http://youtu.be/5VyBnvrcgTo

Now we only need the server to tell the friend he died (and a few other things).

Works better attacking bases. Beware of FPS tho... Lag Defence are actually a thing. (So much lag the attacker just dies from physics "magic"...)

Hey just a small request but can you make a gatling gun in your pack just like this one: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/42189-0-22-GatlingGun-mod Pretty please! It was used in the Kerbals At War 2 video and I used it back in .23 but It got abandoned and is so useful for making my own gunner pods for Kerbals! You will get huge shout out from me on YouTube when I record my next series!! I need those weapons! lol Thanks!

Edited by Eddie Rod
Spelling Corrections

Hey just a small request but can you make a gatling gun in your pack just like this one: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/42189-0-22-GatlingGun-mod Pretty please! It was used in the Kerbals At War 2 video and I used it back in .23 but It got abandoned and is so useful for making my own gunner pods for Kerbals! You will get huge shout out from me on YouTube when I record my next series!! I need those weapons! lol Thanks!

Isn't that almsot exactly what the 30mm is but with a different look? You can just downscale it and change some parameters by yourself. Or you could even use the 20mm and buff it in the config, easy.

BD Armory replaced this, and thank god. The only option when that was killed is Skillful, which has no automatic weapons whatsoever, and it sucks!

This mod does everything that did and better.

Just use 20 mm Vulcans. You can limit the turn and stuff with tweakables if you really want an immobile gun.

(Wow I sound bad. Sorry guys... I did not mean to be this extreme. No really..)

Edited by Aerolfos

or he could through a "hidden Vulcan 20mm" on an I beam it would give roughly the same result that and i don't think BD is back from his Vacation yet, nor do i think he would make another 20mm static for "just because" reasons. not like him. from what I've noticed any way.

The beauty of this mod is that not only has the mod author given permission to use his code to create new guns but that you can do so yourself fairly easily. That being said there are plenty of modelers on this thread who could help you out.

But yeah use the 30mm its pretty similar

The beauty of this mod is that not only has the mod author given permission to use his code to create new guns but that you can do so yourself fairly easily. That being said there are plenty of modelers on this thread who could help you out.

But yeah use the 30mm its pretty similar

The DYJgatling gun is very dated, and very wrong as far as scale goes. It is listed as a .50cal or 12.7mm tribarrel. I had it for a while and converted to work with Infinitdices weapons for a good while and dropped it when this came about.

There is no compatibility in that case. Only dependencies.

I would prefer to have this mod a standalone and just be able to use it by itself, and not need a million other mods.

Anyway, it is possible to make it comptible yourself. If you look up SWDennis and his FPS vid he used KAS to pick up a resized Vulcan Gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Works better attacking bases. Beware of FPS tho... Lag Defence are actually a thing. (So much lag the attacker just dies from physics "magic"...)

Yep, KAS has a nice design which allows you to basically make any part grabbable. Just make sure the part isn't too big or too heavy, otherwise its liable to explode or crush your kerbal! :0.0:

Indeed, some players with more powerful comps can make some impressive lag defenses! Its like you hit a wall made of lag bricks at 4.8 Km! :confused:

But yes, bases actually work well, and at least in previous versions the other player's ships aren't so combustible, its just that often damage doesn't register.

If only I had a screen recorder, some of the multiplayer battles I've been in were amazing! :)

If only I had a screen recorder, some of the multiplayer battles I've been in were amazing! :)

What hardware do you have? Both modern AMD and Nvidia cards can use Raptr software, allowing for almost performance impact free recording. For Nvidia there is Shadowplay too.

Shadowplay stoped working for me on 0.90, FFsplit seems to work very well, it's not superlight but it's fair.

I see a problem about base defending being that you cannot kill the enemy plane.

But it can work, missiles are probes and DMP sends them through.

Flares also work on DMP, they make your craft teleport around and causes overall confusion for the other player, which is quite cool.

What hardware do you have? Both modern AMD and Nvidia cards can use Raptr software, allowing for almost performance impact free recording. For Nvidia there is Shadowplay too.

Shadowplay is a viable thing apparently. But really, Marscom has an integrated CPU GPU and I had an Intel HD 3000... really really bad hardware I know, but hey, it worked... -ish.

As for now, I have the good old GTX 760. Except it's new. Brand new. And with the newest model... yeah. XD

It's actually turned out to be EnterElysium's rig pretty much, except 8 gigs RAM and not 16... which KSP can't use anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowplay stoped working for me on 0.90, FFsplit seems to work very well, it's not superlight but it's fair.

I see a problem about base defending being that you cannot kill the enemy plane.

But it can work, missiles are probes and DMP sends them through.

Flares also work on DMP, they make your craft teleport around and causes overall confusion for the other player, which is quite cool.

Ah yes I forgot to mention, Never, NEVER, NEVER EVER have 2 players actually load each other and do battle. That does not work... the best defense in the world is to simply have a player sitting in the base in question. Makes it practically immortal. It will respawn if hit, parts that are shot off are not registered as such, the base will twitch, jump, teleport and do weird stuff in the most horrible ways, a true possession by the Kraken. For the attacking player of course, the base is in reality untouched. Making the entire attack wasted. And don't even try missiles, the base targeted will simply disappear. And MAYBE reappear after your missile has lost all lock, is destroyed, out of range or something like that. Heck, it will disappear without missiles too! And when it reappears, it's a new copy that you do not have targeted, possibly in an entirely new location!

Attacking unmanned bases with guard mode/lag defenses are better, a little bit like single player honestly. Only somebody else actually built and set it all up. Which is cool. Like the old switching saves, but it isn't necessarily turn-based, a bit easier, can be more spontaneous, like scenarios and stuff will pop up as you go. So it works if you do it like that.