[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

nice to see you back BD! im guessing your return flight's pilot wasn't a kerbal XD

Or at least not Jeb.

Granted Jeb would have got him back faster... but his chances of survival maybe a bit less than 1 in 5.

I've been having problems with BDarmory, I have VentZer0's JDAMs, Mk84s and AIM-54 and Spanner's boomsticks installed and the cluster bomb, the mk82 bomb and the mk84 bomb are missing. I did not delete them or anything. It seems to come back when I install Kerbinside.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Read earlier posts, but it sounds like you need to remove the space from the file name. Currently there is a space right after the bomb name but before the .cfg

I had the same issue where I had it working and made planes with them, then the next time I loaded up, they were missing and I could fly the planes.

Lol! I just realized something! Dude, bahamutod, you missed a lot! Have you heard? You've been gone long enough that they moved out of the dark ages and into a period of enlightenment; BETA!!!!!1!1!11!!!! Whatever you have cooking in that amazing mind of yours must be published for such a momentus occasion, as tribute to the almighty space kraken, so that it may never beseech our crafts again, it's appetite sated.(at least until 1.0 hits, which is right around the corner I hear) ;)

I've been having problems with BDarmory, I have VentZer0's JDAMs, Mk84s and AIM-54 and Spanner's boomsticks installed and the cluster bomb, the mk82 bomb and the mk84 bomb are missing. I did not delete them or anything. It seems to come back when I install Kerbinside.

Can someone help me with this problem?

There is a space in the name of the mk82, and mk84 bomb that is making the game go " I don't see you!" and thus not putting those bombs in the rightful place. I'll get an update pushed out here soonâ„¢ as with use a more commonly used file share site, maybe get me own (ewww) curse or even kerbalspace account.

I really like your plugin, any chance for Kerbal infantry weapons? Things like shoulder fired anti tank/air missiles and assault rifles would be cool. I've always wanted to do this with Kerbal Attachment, but I don't really have the moding skill.

Have an awesome day, Greenleaf223

I'm still running .25 so if I use this could I switch to my spent stages and land them? Could it work with mechjeb? Sorry if you get this alot. I use to use the Lazor System to extend the trajectory. It always worked fairly well for me, but if I switched back to a craft using the {} keys it'd explode. Switching from the map menu gave it a better chance. Loved being able to watch my rockers fly away.

I've came up with four ideas for BDA:

• Modular pods with FFAR rockets. Basically you have squere pods in 4 different sizes (1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4), You can freely join them together with attaching nodes on their sides to make bigger pods using the smaller ones. You could also make it like you did with misslie rails and landing gear, you can tweak the size by right clicking on it. Also modular rocket pods would be very helpful if you want to do missile artilery

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pPsuc9rvU4Y/TE9VQ60uNII/AAAAAAAABzw/LDn2P86haWo/s1600/DSCF4471.JPG
Also missiles like Hellfire and Maverick should be guided with mouse cursor (laser beam).
Vulcan and m230 should be less accurate and less effective against fast moving aircraft
Can you make a separate thread wor suggestions?

Also some new weapons suggestions:

• Mentioned earlier FFAR rockets.
  • Rapier SAM
  • MIM-23 Hawk SAM
  • 9M33 SAM
  • BGM-71 TOW misile
  • MK-77 Napalm bomb
  • W70 Bomb
  • M270 MLRS missiles, that you could see on an image
  • BM-21 Grad

It depends, I personally can't make a plane with FAR, that can go 2000m's

Did anyone noticed it a while ago?

Did anyone noticed it a while ago?

BD just got back patience he has yet to push out the quick update for the version number change.

Though just going to say this before he does what's the difference between the SAM's you listed and using say a Sidewinder or AMRAAAM? On the FFAR rockets guessing they're BVR artillery rockets correct? Rather hard to do at his point because of physics range issues and such so until such time as there can be a larger physics range without bugs, such as the rendezvous velocity matching one, they're going to be a little bit hard to do. Same goes for the M270.

I'm not sure how a napalm bomb would work in this game as there wouldn't bee much point to it in my eyes but not a definite no on that one. TOW missile would be the only missile guided by the mouse as the weapon manager act as a laser designator in all technicality so Mavericks and Hellfires which require a lock to fire wouldn't be guided with the mouse makes no sense.

Vulcan makes sense, it's a minigun it fires around 2k to 3k RPM you can walk it in real easy plus accuracy increases exponentially at higher ROF's, M230 is new so he's probably working on that ones accuracy still, maybe.

On the other ideas the BM-21 is a vehicle which I don't think BD includes in this so you'll need to build one yourself. W70 being nuclear, why you'd want one I have no idea, I would call a maybe at this point though I do recall someone working on that separately else where in the thread.

Also BahamutoD an idea from my self the AS-6 Kingfish anti-ship missile seems like a good idea. The reason for it's suggestion is that it is unique among those types of missiles in that it does a "top attack" though looking at it further we may simply need an air launched variant of a Javelin to fill that role (fired, climbs to height X, flys over target, comes in vertically) due to physics range issues as the missile I've suggested has a range of about 430 mi.

Edited by King_komodo93

BD just got back patience he has yet to push out the quick update for the version number change.

Though just going to say this before he does what's the difference between the SAM's you listed and using say a Sidewinder or AMRAAAM? On the FFAR rockets guessing they're BVR artillery rockets correct? Rather hard to do at his point because of physics range issues and such so until such time as there can be a larger physics range without bugs, such as the rendezvous velocity matching one, they're going to be a little bit hard to do. Same goes for the M270.

I'm not sure how a napalm bomb would work in this game as there wouldn't bee much point to it in my eyes but not a definite no on that one. TOW missile would be the only missile guided by the mouse as the weapon manager act as a laser designator in all technicality so Mavericks and Hellfires which require a lock to fire wouldn't be guided with the mouse makes no sense.

Vulcan makes sense, it's a minigun it fires around 2k to 3k RPM you can walk it in real easy plus accuracy increases exponentially at higher ROF's, M230 is new so he's probably working on that ones accuracy still, maybe.

On the other ideas the BM-21 is a vehicle which I don't think BD includes in this so you'll need to build one yourself. W70 being nuclear, why you'd want one I have no idea, I would call a maybe at this point though I do recall someone working on that separately else where in the thread.

Also BahamutoD an idea from my self the AS-6 Kingfish anti-ship missile seems like a good idea. The reason for it's suggestion is that it is unique among those types of missiles in that it does a "top attack" though looking at it further we may simply need an air launched variant of a Javelin to fill that role (fired, climbs to height X, flys over target, comes in vertically) due to physics range issues as the missile I've suggested has a range of about 430 mi.

Mouse guided missiles are not that good idea, but for me there should be some better locking on system, it's hard to hit specific static target with hellfires and mavericks. I was testing my new VTOL gunship, I mounted some hellfires on it and started to shoot at satelite dishes at the tracking sation and despite the fact, that they were right in front of me the were almost always flying to the side. It would be grat if Paulo made some kind of fancy system to lock on static objects. Also it's too easy to shoot down aircroft just by double clicking at them. So there some new ideas for locking on system:

• Locking on target takes time depending on stealth capabilietes.
  • Smaller aircraft will be harder to lock on them with radar missiles (AIM-120 AMRAAM) and after launching harder to hit.
  • Higher thrust and temperature of parts will make an aircraft an easy target for heat-seeking missiles (AIM-9 Sidewinder).
  • Laser guided missiles will not always be good at hitting darker targets? To lock on you need to hold cursor above the target for few seconds.

A very simple lockon system like BF4 Igla and Stinger would work fine for BDArmory missiles.

It would depend on the missile kind, since the only difference is that one requires constant locking on and the other is fire and forget you would not have issues switching between them while locking on/firing at all.

I like the stealth idea, but KSP heat is still too bad for that, maybe with reentry heat they get a bit of work.

But yeah, it could be a thing.

About the mouse guided, they are good against ground and stationary units, no reason for them to not be implemented.

Mouse guided missiles are not that good idea, but for me there should be some better locking on system, it's hard to hit specific static target with hellfires and mavericks. I was testing my new VTOL gunship, I mounted some hellfires on it and started to shoot at satelite dishes at the tracking sation and despite the fact, that they were right in front of me the were almost always flying to the side. It would be grat if Paulo made some kind of fancy system to lock on static objects. Also it's too easy to shoot down aircroft just by double clicking at them. So there some new ideas for locking on system:

• Locking on target takes time depending on stealth capabilietes.
  • Smaller aircraft will be harder to lock on them with radar missiles (AIM-120 AMRAAM) and after launching harder to hit.
  • Higher thrust and temperature of parts will make an aircraft an easy target for heat-seeking missiles (AIM-9 Sidewinder).
  • Laser guided missiles will not always be good at hitting darker targets? To lock on you need to hold cursor above the target for few seconds.

This is where you TOW idea is one I support as it would follow the mouse, it just doesn't make as much sense that laser guided would be based off the mouse, which is a more visual lock type of system, when laser guided munitions (at least IRL ones) are fire and forget for the craft firing them. As for locking on targets that's governed by KSP itself BD's simply piggy backing off of that system of locks.

Edited by King_komodo93

Would be nice if you could blace it on an ICBM :>

Why?

When your typical ICBM can have up to 13 MIRV warheads each amounting to around 5MT of explosive force.

Your smaller Trident ICBMs can mount 7 warheads and each can target a city and each can level several square miles.

Why?

When your typical ICBM can have up to 13 MIRV warheads each amounting to around 5MT of explosive force.

Your smaller Trident ICBMs can mount 7 warheads and each can target a city and each can level several square miles.

But in KSP, I've tried to make ICBM with several cluster bombs and wasn't really powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and what about launching missiles with a right mouse button?

But in KSP, I've tried to make ICBM with several cluster bombs and wasn't really powerful.

Yeah, I tried something similar. It was absolutely effective... when it made a direct hit on the target. Maybe MechJeb and FAR don't get along. I'd consistently land within the KSC complex, but I usually wouldn't hit the specific building I was aiming for. The bombs would fan out (because I set several different decouple speeds), but it was never quite enough to blow more than two or three buildings at a time.

nvzVrz5.png