[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Fixing some bugs, then I have to type up the long change log, make sure I didn't miss anything, and then release. I'm trying to play some games tonight too :confused:

Again sorry if I seem irritated. Im very tired (I'm sure you are too though). Hope you are doing well

Sooo AWESOME!!!!!!

the AI is very cool.

I wonder if it would be possible to put a guard mode on them ie"enemy comes within 10k plane activates launches and attacks."

it would be very usefull for airbases and things.

Keep up the good work, you're AWESOME!!!

the AI is very cool.

I wonder if it would be possible to put a guard mode on them ie"enemy comes within 10k plane activates launches and attacks."

Just try it out when it comes out, I know i'll be experimenting all sorts of stuff when tis comes out

Sooo AWESOME!!!!!!

the AI is very cool.

That's a good idea but not in this coming release.

I'm trying to fix a serious problem with guards and turrets, taking longer than expected.. sorry guys. I still have ~1.5 hrs till "friday night" ends though :)

That's a good idea but not in this coming release.

I'm trying to fix a serious problem with guards and turrets, taking longer than expected.. sorry guys. I still have ~1.5 hrs till "friday night" ends though :)

Better cleaned and working than rushed and broken

I love this mod; my KSP aeronautics builds aren't complete without it. However, it can be a little frustrating that many parts are too big for Mk 1 since it's what many of the realistic mod cockpits are designed for. Are you planning on adding TweakScale support at some point?

As an example: two AMRAAM-size missiles fit comfortably in tandem on a real F-15:

F-15C_AIM-9_AIM-120_m02006120700063.jpg

but in KSP, on an F-15 sized to Quiztech's Eagle cockpit, just one fits in the same space.

CmpSvWD.png

Yeah, This mod was lacking British Spirit. Cant wait to start using my Chally 2.

Also if he lets me i might Butcher his Metal Gear Rex model and Process it through unity so i can implement MG REX into KSP. so i can destroy any target from any part of the world >u<

Update v0.8.0 (darn, 5 mins late!)

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/90/BahamutoD%27s%20Armory

v0.8.0

= New =

- KSP 1.0+ compatibility

- AI Pilot Flight Computer

- Modular Missile Guidance Computer

- Oerlikon Millenium Turret (timed explosive rounds)

- Small High Explosive warhead nosecone

- Ripple firing missiles and bombs with weapon manager

- New missile aerodynamics

- Smarter guards:

- Guards now use countermeasures when fired upon

- Guards store detected target info in team's database

- Guards pick targets from team database based threat and available weapons

- Guards pick weapons based on threat

- Guards disengage if no weapons match target

- Multiple guards evenly distribute attention if multiple same-level threats

- New missile warning sounds

- New countermeasure deployment sound

- Armed weapon manager 'hold to fire' time configurable in options

= Changes =

- Slightly improved cruise missile guidance

- Rocket ripple fire RPM selector moved to weapon manager

- Improved bullet ricochet behavior on parts

- Bullets impacts that cause ricochet does less damage (angled armor helps)

- Reduced default countermeasure deflection chance

- Cannon extra ammunition box

= Fixes =

- Sidewinder texture

- Abrams attachment symmetry

- Missile navball orientation

- Smart guards set to target missiles only target missiles

- Turret returns to default position when disabled even if no deploy animation

- Fixed ugly audio caused by doppler effect when viewing missile

- Fixed stream of stray bullets when guard is firing turret at fast moving target

- Freed turret 'fire in range' limitation if any axis is limited to 0

- other minor fixes and improvements

Notes:

- I wanted to do a video tutorial and demonstration with the release, but I ran out of time. Next week maybe.

- Guards use a totally new system of finding targets and picking weapons

- - Each time a guard does a scan cycle, it stores everything it can see into its team's target database.

- - Then, every guard on the team is aware of all targets found by other guards

- - This means you can have multiple guards with limited fields of view, and have another guard with a full field of view acting as a radar, finding targets for the other guards

- - Each guard then picks a target on the database depending on how many other guards are already engaging them, how close they are, and if it is equipped to fight them

- - The guard will not only choose missiles or turrets depending on distance, but choose the correct type of missile (based on homing type. choosing missile with correct effective range will come later)

- - Also, if there are multiple threats, the guards won't focus fire on one enemy while ignoring the others.

- The pilot AI is fairly simple as this is the first iteration.

- - The AI is designed for and has only been tested on atmospheric fighter or attack style aircraft.

- - It requires a separate weapon manager set to guard mode to fight.

- - Since every plane handles uniquely, you need to set the steering values to best suit the craft.

- - You also need to activate engines manually.

- - I included a sample plane that is set up decently.

- Missiles use a new (not stock) aerodynamic model

- - I'm not an aero expert so the formulas are probably incorrect, but it works fairly well - I can improve it later

- - Each missile uses the same default drag and lift curves, but with different lift areas. In the future, I'll make it so each missile's aero characteristics can be configured

- - Now, missiles properly get drag as they steer through the air at higher AoAs

- - Missiles are slightly less accurate now because of the aero model. (Before, missiles would simply rotate their velocity to where they wanna go, now they use 'torque' to achieve AoA and let aerodynamics do the forces)

- - With the new missile aero and drag, the AAM's currently included don't really pick up enough energy to be useful as SAMs, so I'll include a couple dedicated SAMs in the next release. They will need a couple rounds of balancing and testing by you all too.

- The modular missile guidance computer is an experimental part that steers your craft with the same guidance that the missiles use. Try using it to build ICBMs and such. I included some small warheads you can mount.

- - It's not integrated with the other systems of BDArmory so guards will ignore it.

- - I included a sample missile that can fly to targets 25km-30km from the launch pad (in STS mode. Cruise missile mode does not work too well with heavy vessels)

- Oerlikon Millennium cannon uses 30mm rounds temporarily. It's supposed to use 35mm but I didn't have time to do the ammo storage update.

- - It fires rounds that detonate at 3500m by default, but if you or guard mode have a target selected, it calculates detonation timing to try to explode where the target will be when the round reaches it.

Edited by BahamutoD