- Tweaked missile lift curve

- Slightly reduced Millennium power

= Fixes =

- Fixed default detonation range tweakable slider on turret

- Fixed inability to fire missile or rocket after firing then switching weapons

- Allowed airborne guard to use turrets at longer range if no other options

Notes:

Just a few bug fixes and tweaks.

Added the SAM because with the new missile aerodynamics, the existing AAM's can't build enough energy to be much of a threat if fired from the surface.

Alright, I need to focus on other things for now. I'll try to make a tutorial for those having issues with the pilot AI next weekend. Keep reporting in!

@SubjectX07 - KerbinSide shouldn't be the problem. Watch your plane try to take off and watch the control inputs at the bottom left. If the plane isn't taking off because the pitch isn't being pulled hard enough, turn up the steering multiplier on the AI Pilot.

Edited by BahamutoD

Hotfix v0.8.1

= New =

- PAC-3 Surface to Air Missile

= Changes =

- Slightly improved anti-air missile guidance

- Reduced AIM-120 blast radius

- Reduced missile drag

- Tweaked missile lift curve

- Slightly reduced Millennium power

= Fixes =

- Fixed default detonation range tweakable slider on turret

- Fixed inability to fire missile or rocket after firing then switching weapons

- Allowed airborne guard to use turrets at longer range if no other options

Notes:

Just a few bug fixes and tweaks.

Added the SAM because with the new missile aerodynamics, the existing AAM's can't build enough energy to be much of a threat if fired from the surface.

Alright, I need to focus on other things for now. I'll try to make a tutorial for those having issues with the pilot AI next weekend. Keep reporting in!

@SubjectX07 - KerbinSide shouldn't be the problem. Watch your plane try to take off and watch the control inputs at the bottom left. If the plane isn't taking off because the pitch isn't being pulled hard enough, turn up the steering multiplier on the AI Pilot.

Any idea on why my custom air to air missiles don't track targets?

Wouldn't be able to tell without looking. Check log for errors. Are you using new missile aero?

I did a direct copy of the Maverick config since the missile in question is an AIM-54 Phoenix which uses a very similar body. I removed the AGM guidance lines and made the thrust more similar to that of the AMRAAM and sidewinder. It will only fire via right click despite showing up in the weapons manager and will briefly turn towards a target but then head off in a straight line ignoring it.

In addition the bomb I made does not explode with any force

The AGM guidance code and overall guidance code are not the same thing

For the weapon manager to fire it, it needs to have "Missile" in the part title.

If its not turning enough, increase the lift area value. Try copying the lift values from the aim-120 for now.

For the weapon manager to fire it, it needs to have "Missile" in the part title.

If its not turning enough, increase the lift area value. Try copying the lift values from the aim-120 for now.

hey baha, is there any chance of you making an official config or something to resize everything to kerbal scale?

at least the missiles? trying to add an AMRAAM is painful...

hey baha, is there any chance of you making an official config or something to resize everything to kerbal scale?

at least the missiles? trying to add an AMRAAM is painful...

What do you mean by adding an AMRAAM?

- - - Updated - - -

Alright I'll try that when I get home

Any idea about the bomb issue? And do bombs need to be called missiles too?

What do you mean by adding an AMRAAM?

AMRAAM = Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile AIM-120C

How about adding a PAC3 Container?

the AGM86 got a very short range... under 50km or so. The real version can fly 1200–3200 km.

Other possible ideas for weapons:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBU-97_Sensor_Fuzed_Weapon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General-purpose_bomb -MK83/MK84/GBU's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_Diameter_Bomb - SDB's/AGM154 (HE or Cluster version)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K33_Osa - Some SAM's Igla/Strela/Osa/9K330 Tor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K121_Vikhr - AT16

FAB's

How about a overkill CIWS?^^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashtan_CIWS

Fuel Drop Tanks

Gun Pods

Is tweakscale compatibility planned? especially for the explosive nosecone.

No but if you want a larger nose cone explosive just comply the folder and put in the model for either the same or a different nose cone and change the config to reflect the new part (or rescale if using the old nose one) just make sure you change the name of the part in the config

Edited by LORDPrometheus

No but if you want a larger nose cone explosive just comply the folder and put in the model for either the same or a different nose cone and change the config to reflect the new part (or rescale if using the old nose one) just make sure you change the name of the part in the config

Ok thanks :) I'll try that

Also, I'm having issues with the way bombs drop. I have a large, super-heavy bomber that has two bomb bays, one forward and one aft. Each one carries 90 bombs each. The problem is in the order in which BDArmory decides to drop them. Currently it will drop almost half the bombs in the aft bomb bay before it decides to drop any from the forward bomb bay ( it will occasionally drop, like, maybe two to six from the front before it continues dropping them out of the back again). This causes me problems if I don't drop all my bombs in one pass as I will be left with a rear bomb bay that is almost half empty, a forward bomb bay that is almost completely full, and a bomber that is now getting very front heavy. Is there any way to make them drop in a more uniform pattern instead of the way that it does now?

Not a bug.

The damage inflicted by the weapons is heat based. (incidentally, press F10, and be shot at. Health indicators!)

So the heat shield, being very resistant to heat, takes little to no damage.

Im working on code that will take into account heatshields and act a little differently with them. Im very well aware that heat shields will well act as temporary indestructible sheilds, and i want them to act as armor, but they are overpowered ATM and will have increased multipliers added to them and only them in order to make their HP so to speak last less.