[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Nice! More Firepower for "Debris Removal" :D

BTW Here is my goofy looking Tank. Anyone know of and mods that add a good main body chassis for a tank, besides LLL.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/37471547801065252/D2AADA00DD5AA20626526F4AAE65A4FF7E64C7EF/

IDSkillful weapons has some tank chassis parts.

And BD, I finally got the scale correct.

whFeRxJ.png

The AIM-9 is a hair over 3m in real life, so I think being off by a few cm isnt a big deal.

At least it is to scale with the AIM-120.

7574c9I.png

Credit for the model goes to Harpwner.

About tweakscale:

As Hodo said, tweakscale won't change the gun stats. For your giant turret idea, you can change the rescaleFactor in the config, and try modifying the BahaTurret module to use the cannon weaponType. You can take a look at the Abrams cannon's config for an example.

oh yeah didn't think of that. well looks like a long day of .cfg editing for me to get it working... (damn...)

oh just because this little guy is so damn cute (and deadly) here's: The Critter Killer

Javascript is disabled. View full album

it has a parachute,a mechjeb module, a box of ammo and some RTGs inside the cone.(it's head) and it looks like an egg! woot! i'll be keeping them as secruity around the complex.

oh yeah didn't think of that. well looks like a long day of .cfg editing for me to get it working... (damn...)

oh just because this little guy is so damn cute (and deadly) here's: The Critter Killer

http://imgur.com/a/tbTAN

it has a parachute,a mechjeb module, a box of ammo and some RTGs inside the cone.(it's head) and it looks like an egg! woot! i'll be keeping them as secruity around the complex.

To post an imgur album just use this code.

[ imgur ] tbTAN [ / imgur ]

--------^^^^^---------

Your album identifier goes there.

it is found at the end of your album address without anything past the #.

And no spaces in the code.

So the final product will look like this.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

To post an imgur album just use this code.

[ imgur ] tbTAN [ / imgur ]

--------^^^^^---------

Your album identifier goes there.

it is found at the end of your album address without anything past the #.

And no spaces in the code.

So the final product will look like this.

http://imgur.com/a/tbTAN

[ imgur ] tbTAN#0 [ / imgur ]

That's what i did? no?

[ imgur ] tbTAN#0 [ / imgur ]

That's what i did? no?

You don't need the #0.

- - - Updated - - -

I rescaled the AIM-9 from IDSkillful, it was originally about 66% of the size it should be.

The original AIM-9 from IDSkillful was about 2m long at best. So I went into the cfg and changed the rescale factor to 1.35. I am having some attachment node placement issues but not quite sure how they work in the cfg file.

It is currently wanting to attach near the tail of the missile, not a big deal but would like to move it closer to the mid section.

Edited by Hodo

You don't need the #0.

I am having some attachment node placement issues but not quite sure how they work in the cfg file.

It is currently wanting to attach near the tail of the missile, not a big deal but would like to move it closer to the mid section.

Attachment nodes are coordinates. The first three values refer to the X, Y, and Z placement of the node, and the last three are offset values. I don't know what they do, but they also are X, Y, and Z values.

Attachment nodes are coordinates. The first three values refer to the X, Y, and Z placement of the node, and the last three are offset values. I don't know what they do, but they also are X, Y, and Z values.

Great, now to figure out which one is which?

The Amraams might be a tad on the strong side....

You hit that target at near point blank range with a missile that has a real life 25m kill radius. So yeah I think they are fine.

Edited by sumghai
Consolidated consecutive replies by the same poster

Aren't there already a laser and guided missles in the mod?

Yes.

Lazer Weapons System mod... which is clunky and currently broken for .24.2

And...

IDSkillful weapons, which is really big and complex.

This mod looks absolutely incredible. It has pretty much exactly everything I've wanted in a weapons mod. :D

Since you have the GAU-8 in this mod, have you considered adding the AGM-65D as well to round out the A-10 arsenal? I'm not educated too much on the technical aspects so I don't know if there's any real practical point (in KSP terms) to adding the Maverick when the Hellfire already is in, but it would be quite awesome. If you need some convincing, it does have a similar configuration as the AIM-54 Phoenix, so there may be some time-saving measures there if you decide to add both. :P

Also, someone mentioned rocket pods some pages back. I have to voice my support for that, it would be dishonest of myself not to. :)

On a completely different note, I'd love to see something along the lines of huge bleeping cannons that could be attached to the side of a LLL-style battlecruiser for some sweet orbital broadside obliteration.

I'm also still in the market for a hand-held shot gun or a revolver of some sort to give my space-cowboy kerbals to shoot each other with.

Yeah... that would be fun.

If your looking for further ideas I would like to suggest.

1) Thrust vectoring missile for space use. (Aim-120 does not into space IRL) Aim-9X is thrust vectoring which leads to..

2) Infrared missile? (I have no idea if you could make it aim for parts with heat or running engines but it would be so cool)

3) A biger then the laser Particle Beam Weapon like the IRL star wars program.

4) And of course everyone wants a railgun.

If your looking for further ideas I would like to suggest.

1) Thrust vectoring missile for space use. (Aim-120 does not into space IRL) Aim-9X is thrust vectoring which leads to..

2) Infrared missile? (I have no idea if you could make it aim for parts with heat or running engines but it would be so cool)

3) A biger then the laser Particle Beam Weapon like the IRL star wars program.

4) And of course everyone wants a railgun.

I would say no to 1 and 2. Simply because now you are adding additional complexity to a mod that is quite simple and that is why it is really good.

The infrared missiles, I agree with. There's infrared (or at least heatseeking...) in Skillful if you're willing to go with that weapon pack, so this is a simple and fun alternative. (and with the mouse aiming for the guns, I'd say even superior... but don't tell InfiniteDice!)

For thrust vectoring, I don't know. How well do the missiles currently behave in space (I'll admit I haven't tried the pack just yet)? If they're really nimble and accurate then that's that.

If they couldn't hit the broadside of a cruiser at point-blank range... then, yeah. An accurate space-missile/torpedo might be nice to have*. Whether or not this is through thrust vectoring is a different issue to solve at that point.

* Realism be damned. Please follow Squad's philosophy: Fun over realism!

Edited by Melfice

I've tried using the AIM-120 in space and it works pretty good from a couple km away, though I don't know about the hellfire because I've always been too far away when using it in orbit

I just finished watching EnterElysium's modlight on this mod and while it is a rather neat mod I have a question on whether you might be adding certain things in.

1) A laser designator pod for the Hellfire 2) A 120mm cannon like that on an AC-130 3) A 40mm cannon from an AC-130 and 4) An LJDAM (basically a Mk. 82 that sort of guides to a designated target) though the last one might be a good bit harder to do since it requires altering a flight path without some kind of propulsion.

Would someone please give me a quick installations guide?

It seams that no matter what I try it just won't work.

Step 1- Download

Step 2- Unpack in your KSP Gamedata folder.

Step 3- Launch game.