Help with adding an airlock/hatch obstructed

I got the airlock to work using a convex mesh from the pod, but I needed that hole in the pod open so I used a bunch of triangular meshes in a ring to make the same effect. After trying the airlock with the new mesh I got the hatch obstructed error again? I have no idea what caused this to start happening again, I've placed that airlock mesh EVERYWHERE I POSSIBLE COULD but nothing works. I've read pretty much all of the tutorials on this so please don't link me to the wiki or the forum sticky.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I thought the airlock object was a (tagged) box collider which didn't touch the base objects collider (or it would return 'obstructed')?

The airlock object isn't actually the airlock of the model, but the position on the models surface where the airlock actions happen if a Kerbal is within those bounds (or appears when exiting)

Try this:

Firstly you should reduce the detail/amount of the colliders. A 12-side is totally enough.

Try to merge the colliders near the hatch into one so that it only touches one collider.

The collision will not be as accurate on the inside but that's hard to notice.

Make sure the colliders leave enough clearance on the inside so it doesn't block things with the correct diameter to fit inside.

qarYXxJ.jpg

Try this:

Firstly you should reduce the detail/amount of the colliders. A 12-side is totally enough.

Try to merge the colliders near the hatch into one so that it only touches one collider.

The collision will not be as accurate on the inside but that's hard to notice.

Make sure the colliders leave enough clearance on the inside so it doesn't block things with the correct diameter to fit inside.

http://i.imgur.com/qarYXxJ.jpg

Thanks for the help, I tried your suggestion but the same thing kept happening. I ended up making the pod a single convex collider and making the hollow piece a separate part. Everything works fine now with airlocks and ladders, it would have been nice to have the pod all one piece but it's such a pain in the ass that I think it's better this way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.