Pathfinder 3

Just got my first ever Mun landing in 0.14 and it has been made easier with the use of the fuel pipes, the new gimballing engines, and the retractable lander legs. I have yet to see if it can get back home. I accidently seperated stage III when it was burning fuel before getting to the Mun, so I had to use stage II\'s reserves of fuel and RCS to get out of the barrel role then to make the descent to the surface.

Here are the specs regardless:

Stage 0/1

Capsule and Parachute

Decoupler

Stage 2/3

FL-R25 RCS tank

FL-T250 Liquid Fuel Tank

LV-909 Liquid Fuel Engine

RV-105 (x4) Thruster Blocks

LT-2 Lander Legs (x4)

Decoupler

Stage 4/5

Advanced SAS

FL-T500 (1 stack (x2)) Fuel Tanks

LV-T45 Liquid Fuel Engine

Decoupler

Stage 6/7

LV-R8 Winglet (x3)

FL-T500 (4 stack (x3)) Fuel Tanks

LV-T45 Liquid Fuel Engine (x3)

LV-T30 Liquid Fuel Engine

Decoupler

Stage 8

FL-T500 (4 stack (x4)) Fuel Tanks

LV-R8 Winglet (x3)

FTX-2 Fuel Duct (Central Fuel tanks provide fuel to all other stacks)

TVR-1180C Mk1 Tricouplers (x3)

LV-T45 Liquid Fuel Engine (x3)

LV-T30 Liquid Fuel Engine (x6)

My first mun designs were HUGE but I have a question for you. More engines = more wieght but better thrust, not so many engines = less thrust but also less wieght. Which is better? That is what I had to ask myself with my first munar rocket, you should too.

My first mun designs were HUGE but I have a question for you. More engines = more wieght but better thrust, not so many engines = less thrust but also less wieght. Which is better? That is what I had to ask myself with my first munar rocket, you should too.

Well stock isn\'t really realistic in terms of value. Since stock engines are so heavy, its not worth those extra stages what would be worth it in real life.

Silisko edition KSP changed this with incredibly light engines, however heavier fuel tanks, in full and empty states.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.