What do you want to see in 0.25?

- Biomes for Duna and Ike, if not all planets/moons

- Better aerodynamics (otherwise, why waste money on nose cones and fairings?)

- IVAs for all manned parts (science lab, Mk2 cockpit, etc)

- Better textures for many stock parts, especially the spaceplane/aerodynamic parts

automated interplanetary rendezvous for mechjeb or something alike. i cant get my shipsrockets to fly anywhere near a planet myself after weeks of trying, it really ticks me off. i like planning, designing, building and seeing how my rockets work but doing stuff manually just leads to disaster more often than not.

I'm going to have to jump on the aerodynamics bandwagon here. Since SSTOs are going to be really valuable in career mode now, it's high time we get some spaceplane parts on par with the other parts that've had...what, two graphical revisions already? Naturally, if they're going to rework the spaceplane parts, that would be the perfect opportunity to revamp the aerodynamic system as well.

Aside from that, I'd like to see the better/full IVA stuff and...as always, resources. I know they kind of canned resources indefinitely, but...man, I just want that beautiful chart they showed that one time T_T

Hmm...some robotic parts(arms, tools, cameras, more functional transmitters, etc...) would also be a pretty good focus for an update, though in all honesty...that stuff can wait another update or two.

A "Lovell" option to lock out individual staging components. Right-click on any applicable component, and a button is available to arm or disarm staging for that component. (Named in honor of Jim Lovell taping "NO" over the LM JETT switch on Apollo 13)

Stage separators that produce an appropriately sized interstage. For example, right now if you put an LV-909 under a Rockomax tank, then add a Rockomax separator below, you get a small diameter interstage, not a large one that matches the tank. The diameter should match the component above the engine, or perhaps be user-selectable.

Things i would want to see:

Lifesupport systems

(Yes, would be the most logical for the next update)

Reentry heat simulation and stress on the parts

(If the speed is to high, the ship will burn up)

More advanced ship parts

(Vasimr a often discussed engine as example with an nuclear reactor)

Modifying from ship parts trough science

(Possible size, that we can use different parts in different sizes, increase the effectivity from fuel and engines we have, etc. Wouldn't be very compatible with the current system. Possible would be a system, where we can earn experience points for a part by using it. By investing money, it could be possible to increase the effectivity of the part.)

Orbital ship construction, mobile construction modules

(Possible for a following addon, donno how much work this would need)

IVA for all ship parts

(Aswell possible for a future update)

Mining Asteroids, on other planets, etc.

(There are already mods. So donno how much work it would be to include it in the basic game)

Alcubierre drive and interstellar travel

(An update, far far away, possible aswell as addon. The core game must be complete, aswell more advanced procedural generation to generate different star systems.)

This game just keeps getting better :-)

Possible additions:

A graph detailing how much money you have accumulated over time would be good...just to see how well you are actually doing.

Build times for rockets would be good...I am still on my first day and have launched about 10 missions already :-/

The best option is to wait for Unity 5 to come out, and since they should rework the physics to fit in for the new Unity, they should add the re-entry heat/friction and better aerodynamics. If they get the aerodynamics ironed out, the friction on re-entry should be "not too hard" from there. For people who say more planets and kethane-like resources should be next, they should stick with the mods instead, they ain't seeing it in-game for some time.

I would like to see what they could do with Unity 5. As for features I still think that stock KSP needs to come with a better means to plan intercepts. It could be a minigame or even "Purchasing" "Windows" from the nerds of Kerbin that turn into precomputed burns if you get into the right parking orbit.

I would like to see what they could do with Unity 5.

I'd like to see that, but not for 0.25. Unity 5 isn't available yet, and since it's not a drop-in replacement for Unity 4.X, not having it available when they start working on 0.25 would probably hold up 0.25.

What I want to see the most in 0.25 would be such a minor feature that I doubt it would be more than a line in the patch notes. A slider (or maybe one each for cash, rep, and science) to scale contract rewards. Without even trying to be cost effective, I'm getting cash several times faster than I'm spending it.

As for me, I personally want the Tech Tree reworked, something like BTSM.

Starting with basic airplane parts, *propellors?*

air contracts,

the Stayputnik core,

and a few SRBs.

That'd be a much better start than getting the MK1 Pod right away.*

*it's creeping me out, how does Wehrnel Kerman stay alive inside it all the way to Eeloo?!

• 3 weeks later...
Since 0.24 is on the verge of release, to me, it makes sense to start discussing 0.25.

Here's what I want to see:

1.) The Observatory: At first, only Eve, Gilly, Duna, Ike, the Mun, Kerbin, Minmus, and Jool are visible in map view. If you use the Observatory to look at Jool, Jool's moons will be discovered, and they are added to the map view.

Discovering an object would lead to massive science gains depending on the distance from Kerbin. (e.g. discovering a moon of Jool would get more science than discovering Moho or Gilly.)

2.) Asteroid impacts make small craters when crashing into a celestial object: This one is self-explanatory.

3.) Aurora on Kerbin and Jool: This one is also self-explanatory.

So, my question to you is: What would you like to see in 0.25?

Aurora can be added with clouds mods...

I want:

More official planets

A galaxy like with the mod StarSystems

Rogue planets :D

Actual asteroid belts

And star/planet-creating APIs!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.