0.24 and part recovery, will it change your approach to debris?

katateochi

Not seeing how you can do that and disallow that people can get net profit from delivering a rocket intact to KSC ... especially when one of the persons that has been testing it says you can build a rocket SSTO with little tech advacement ( See Scott Manley second video, that someone dropped some pages ago here ). This unless fuel is expensive, that brings it's own can of worms behind ...

Well that's just it. I think for people who have the patience+desire to make really good spaceplanes and SSTOs, the potential will be there to generate very large amounts of cash, since you're effectively flying for free (minus the fuel costs, which may be quite considerable). But as Scott Manley pointed out, to try to save every little SRB, the cost savings may not be worth the probe cores you have to put on them.

I think the best way to do it would just to not only automatically remove, but to recover every debris around KSP. In my mind Kerbal technicians wandering around the spaceport and and picking of every debris remaining from their experiments to reuse them makes totally sense.

...In my mind Kerbal technicians wandering around the spaceport and and picking of every debris remaining from their experiments to reuse them makes totally sense.

Think of the overtime payments! Lol

I might try to send up a space claw with some parachutes and a deorbit engine on it, just to see if I can bring down some spent rocket stages. But in the end, I don't think it's going to be worth it when I could be doing fresh missions.

Earlier in the thread someone had proposed scaling the difficulty by adjusting how much money you had because a common comment was that money was never really tight so they didn't think it was necessary to go about recovering parts, plus some people specifically said they didn't want to be constrained by NASA-scale budgets for their rockets as they didn't find that fun. That caused a somewhat amusing image in my head of the difficulty selector for funding stating.

Infinite

Easy

Medium

Hard

NASA

:D

80ecf32709.jpg

Not like it matters if you recover anything. Anything that you're not controlling that enters a decaying orbit is sent to a "purgatory" of sorts. Why does Squad get away with this? Doesn't this cause save-files to get bogged down?

Earlier in the thread someone had proposed scaling the difficulty by adjusting how much money you had because a common comment was that money was never really tight so they didn't think it was necessary to go about recovering parts, plus some people specifically said they didn't want to be constrained by NASA-scale budgets for their rockets as they didn't find that fun. That caused a somewhat amusing image in my head of the difficulty selector for funding stating.

Infinite

Easy

Medium

Hard

NASA

:D

You mean:

Infinite

Easy

Medium

Hard

NASA

ESA

European hardcore^^

Although Nasa funding doesn't look that low. Even the normalized Dollar worth is only rising since 1970.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_NASA

The budget especially shouldn't be so scarce considering they don't have to deal anymore with one of the least cost efficient vehicles of all time, the space shuttle.

Not like it matters if you recover anything. Anything that you're not controlling that enters a decaying orbit is sent to a "purgatory" of sorts. Why does Squad get away with this? Doesn't this cause save-files to get bogged down?

lolwut? I thought the stuff just gets deleted? Oo

Edited by Temeter

Infinite

Easy

Medium

Hard

NASA

LOL! I love it. :)

lolwut? I thought the stuff just gets deleted? Oo

Yes, it just gets deleted. It's all the debris you leave in nice, stable orbits that will eat up space in your save-files.