Suggestion for testing engine parts in contracts

This is a small ''exploit'' i found while testing engine parts in contracts. The game thinks a test is complete by only firing the engine even without consuming any fuel. This idea came to me while testing the Rockomax 48-7S. I placed it underneath a science can fired the rocket and when i reached the test altitude/speed i only had to activate the engine without throttling or placing/consuming any fuel and the test was a success. This of course means you can save ''funds''/parts when testing engine parts. My suggestion is when testing engine parts, especially liquid fuel engines/jet engines there should also be a time/fuel/resource requirement. Of course if you like role playing you can add resources to the engines but it just doesn't feel right.

No, that's designed in. The game will give ludicrous test requirements as well -- for example, test a jet engine landed on the Mun, or in orbit. The engine doesn't have to run for the test to complete. That is as it was intended. Sure, there could be additional requirements built in, but that may introduce more problems than it solves.

No, that's designed in. The game will give ludicrous test requirements as well -- for example, test a jet engine landed on the Mun, or in orbit. The engine doesn't have to run for the test to complete. That is as it was intended. Sure, there could be additional requirements built in, but that may introduce more problems than it solves.

You're not exaggerating about the ludicrous requirements either. I have one where I have to test the parachute between 15000 and 19000 feet & going 300-500 m/s. Such a pain. The other one, which was really annoying me, was testing an engine between 16000 and 19000 going, iirc, 350-550 m/s, and I was failing it because I'd be running the engine to get to that altitude & speed -- Didn't know I needed to activate it within that range, just thought I had to meet all the listed requirements (made everything green, didn't finish it, went wtf).

So for a suggestion, some of the requirements could be a bit more specific in what needs to be done.

Oh, and for a 2nd suggestion, a way to make the tool bar menus bigger (active contracts, resources, etc....the stuff in the top right corner). For me, it's a bit difficult to read and scroll to see all of the requirements mid flight.

Well, I'm off to get a booster up to 84000 feet and fire it off in a sub orbital trajectory....0.24 is awesome.

"Test confirms that engine will not run without fuel."

"Test confirms that jets will not work on Minmus."

"Test confirms that the PB-ION will not work without solar panels or fuel."

"Test confirms that parachutes deployed at hypersonic velocity in low atmosphere will tear the craft apart."

Etc, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.