[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

Very nice mod RoverDude i also like your other mods but i have a problem with this one.

The parts AES Decoupler, AES Mini SAS, AES Structural Beam, AES Decoupler and AES Structural Outrigger ... i cant use them they are missing ingame but i can use the other parts. (Firespitter ... is installed)

I hope you or anyone else can help me.

keep up with your mods they are awesome!

Very nice mod RoverDude i also like your other mods but i have a problem with this one.

The parts AES Decoupler, AES Mini SAS, AES Structural Beam, AES Decoupler and AES Structural Outrigger ... i cant use them they are missing ingame but i can use the other parts. (Firespitter ... is installed)

I hope you or anyone else can help me.

keep up with your mods they are awesome!

I fixed it by myself by reading the thread :)

0.2.5 is up!

NOTE!!! FOLDERS HAVE BEEN MOVED! DELETE YOUR OLD USI FOLDER AND REINSTALL ALL USI MODS!

• Reorganized folder structure to better support package managers
  • Included complete CRP
  • Replaced TGAs with PNGs
  • Increased maintenance pod range to 5m
  • Thanks to FrancoisH, fixed several broken welded parts
  • Thanks to Deadpan110 for surface attachable packrat wheels
  • Merged in the Safety Light, and made it KAS-attachable
  • Updated FireSpitter DLL

*DUPLICATE POST FIXED*

There is also an error loading a model:

File error:
Failed to read past end of stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read7BitEncodedInt () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at A..ReadTextures (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at A..ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at A.. (.UrlFile ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

-------------------

Model load error in 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ExpPack\AES\Spaces\AES_Internal.mu'

Edited by Paranox
Duplicate post originally, but here's another bug report

Found one bug if i install a Maintenance-Pod on a Capsule and try to exit the capsule the game crashes (the old version worked and i tried it on a clean install too

I can confirm that the Maintenance Pod is broken in the latest release, even after reinstalling all USI-mods and the accompanied mods. Visually the pod is lacking the driver seat as well.

Log says the following when launching anything with the pod:

Cannot find InternalPart 'MaintPodInternal'

ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.
at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.AddInternalPart (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.CreateInternalModel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.MakeActive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipConstruction.AssembleForLaunch (.ShipConstruct ship, System.String landedAt, System.String flagURL, .Game sceneState, .VesselCrewManifest crewManifest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by Paranox
Readability improvement in the log excerpt

I can confirm that the Maintenance Pod is broken in the latest release, even after reinstalling all USI-mods and the accompanied mods. Visually the pod is lacking the driver seat as well.

Log says the following when launching anything with the pod:

Cannot find InternalPart 'MaintPodInternal'

ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.
at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.AddInternalPart (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.CreateInternalModel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.MakeActive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipConstruction.AssembleForLaunch (.ShipConstruct ship, System.String landedAt, System.String flagURL, .Game sceneState, .VesselCrewManifest crewManifest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

same here in older version dont work all exp cocpits now only meinteference and still problem with all IVA ar same for exp pack multiple cocpits on one ship

Edited by sober667

The KSP Add-on Version Checker is telling me the Firespitter is not for v.25 but for v24.2. I wasn't getting this message prior to updating. Is this anything I should be concerned about, or is it all good?

For the bits I use, it appears to work but I would recommend getting the latest FireSpitter DLL (it is not an official release yet, so no version file).

I confirmed that the hotfix in RocketDude's dropbox indeed works as far as the HERP Maintenance Pod goes. There's still a model load issue but I think it only makes the AES pod IVA visually lacking some meshes.

File error:
Failed to read past end of stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read7BitEncodedInt () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at A..ReadTextures (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at A..ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at A.. (.UrlFile ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Model load error in 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ExpPack\AES\Spaces\AES_Internal.mu'

RoverDude,

This is a very minor issue. I noticed that the Safety Light was 20 KAS storage. I was looking at other part of comperable size ie. Squads Stock Lights and they are only 8 based on KAS.

Suggestion reduce the size maybe?

@PART[spotLight1]:FOR[KAS]
{
MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab
evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.00, -0.15)
evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)
storable = true
storedSize = 8
attachOnPart = True
attachOnEva = False
attachOnStatic = False
attachSendMsgOnly = False
}
}

@PART[spotLight2]:FOR[KAS]
{
MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab
evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.00, -0.15)
evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)
storable = true
storedSize = 8
attachOnPart = True
attachOnEva = False
attachOnStatic = False
attachSendMsgOnly = False
}
}

If there was some specific reason they are that size, I'll understand. Again very minor question/suggestion.:blush:

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm back. This time with a real issue to report, recon you could take a look?

Game version: 0.25.0

Build: Linux x86_64

Mods installed: KAS 0.4.9, ExpPack 0.2.5.

Reproduction steps:

Store a mini wheel in a KAS crate (either size), or load it in before launch.

Take it out.

Store it a second time, it doesn't have to be the same crate and doesn't matter what you do with the wheel inbetween.

Take it out again.

Expected result: Mini-wheel attaches to kerbals back as in step 2.

Actual result: Mini wheel fails to attach & clips into kerbal, some geometry (stub-axle, upper suspension mount) missing.

Camera focus (COM) follows a point midway between kerbal and bugged wheel.

Unable to drop, attach or store as wheel does not register as having been grabbed.

Reproducibility: 100%

Log: Dropbox.

Test Craft: Dropbox.

This does not occur with any other parts, including stock wheels & other packrat parts.

The mini wheel can be grabbed, dropped and attached repeatedly without issue (until the bug hits), the crate containing the wheel appears unaffected & can be manipulated normally.

Screens:

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

I'm dropping this here as it appears to affect the packrat wheel alone, or at least I can't reproduce it with any other (stock or otherwise) parts.

If I'm wrong, feel free to tell me to go away & report in the KAS thread ;)

EDIT: Just found the issue on git (#38), why didn't I look there first? :facepalm:

Edited by steve_v
Can't type.

Packrat question ... Maybe it's just my pathetic driving skills but it seems like every-time I plop a packrat onto minmus or the mun, I always, I mean always end up flipping then thing on it's back like a turtle. I figured out a neat trick that you can get your kerbals head under the camera (assuming you put it on the middle attach node in the front between the seats), and that will make the rover flip over, sometimes onto it's wheels again.

I'd def. like to get more stability than roaming around at 4 - 8 m/s Are you supposed to attach reaction wheels someplace or something?