A more accurate Throttle control

Hello everyone ,

I'm new on the forum but i'm not a rookie in KSP, and today i need some help , let me explain :

I really like to build VTOL craft, here is my current one .

kspface_zps7e3951e3.png

kspcoteacute_zpsa5a7f32b.pngkspquart_zps55779b1c.pngkspinterieur_zpsb5eb1bcf.png

My problem : The throttle control is not accurate enough , increasing and decreasing by 5% ( in my case 3 Kn by 3 Kn , engine maxthrust 60 Kn).

Empty this craft need to reach 28.5 Kn per engine ( 4 vtol engines ) to land smoothly , and my thrust control only allow me to reach 27 Kn ( at this speed he hit the floor to hard ) at 30 Kn ( at this speed he's climbing in the air ). As you can see this craft can board many kerbals min 2 (pilots) max 8 , the number of them will affect the weight this is another reason why i need to get a perfect control of my thrust.

So i'm looking for a way to get a better control of my thrust power.

Am i clear enough ? i'm afraid that my english is not perfect .

Is it possible to change CFG files in the game folder to get 1% or 2% increasing/decreasing rate ? i tried to find it but i failed , can someone help me , he will be my hero for sure ! :cool:

I know some Mods exists to get a better thrust control but i'm actually playing on an old 0.20.2 version because i don't want to loose my mods and craft at each upload due to compatibily issues most of you guys probably know what i'm talking about.

Thanks for reading me.

Edited by Hyuw
I found the reason of my issue

Wow, that's a nice looking ship you have there.

Well, it sounds like you're using the main game throttle. Have you tried right clicking on the engines and decreasing their thrust output (via tweakables)? If you run those percentages down, it will make the main throttle more sensitive, although you won't be able to get as high of a thrust output at maximum throttle.

If you use tweakables in flight, you have to do each engine individually. If you adjust tweakables while in the editor, you only have to set mirrored pairs.

Obviously make sure you get all the engines set to the same power level is you use the tweakables, otherwise your craft may be difficult to control.

Welcome to the forums! :D

~Claw

By the way, if you like building VTOLs you should check out Cupcake's Dropship Dealership in the Spacecraft Exchange.

Edited by Claw

Thanks for your reply i'll check that tweakables.

I think my computer have some troubles to calculate every operations and do some simplifications , that's could explain my problem, i tried same engines to a small ship (2 parts) and thrust increase perfecttly smoothly

Edited by Hyuw

As I recall, tweakables weren't added until KSP 0.23, so you won't have them. With practice, you can make very small adjustments to the throttle by barely tapping the keys. I've found that useful for setting Mun landers down on steep slopes.

Are there any particular mods that haven't been updated? Maybe we could help you find replacements in the Add-on forum.

Does your game slow down a lot while you're flying that ship you posted? Sometimes that can cause jumpiness in the controls.

It slow down a little bit yes i think my problem come from here .

I tried tapping on key but that doesn't work ; I think I have no choice anymore and I must update my oldschool 0.20 version

As I recall, tweakables weren't added until KSP 0.23...

My fault. I missed this:

playing on an old 0.20.2 version

Indeed, you won't be able to tweak the engines. Sorry about the misinformation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.