Community mission log project [Registration Open]

FishInferno

I started this thread to see if anyone is interested in a community mission log project, and it got some pretty good reception, so I am changing this to the registration thread.

the basic idea is that companies from the Rocket Builder forum will provide crafts for the space program to use in its various programs and missions, which will be flown by volunteer pilots. There are several positions in the program that are open to players:

Program Director*:

The head of the whole thing, oversees all operations.

Kerbonauts:

Pretty self explanatory, the Kerbonauts fly the missions. Each Kerbonaut is responsible for screenshotting and writing about their missions on the official log thread(to be created). Each player wioll be assigned a Kerbal to use on all of their missions.

Mission Planners:

The mission planners work with the Program Director to plan different programs(Mun Program, Duna Program, etc.) and missions. they will also assign Kerbonauts to different missions based on their strengths/weaknesses.

Providing companies: These companies will provide the ships used by the program. the process that craft will be chosen are as follows: The Mission Planners/Program Director will agree on a set of requirements that the ship needs to achieve its purpose(ex: We need a NASA-style shuttle. It must be assisted into orbit by a booster, must be able to carry a payload of at least 4 tons into orbit, and must be able to land on the runway). Then, companies can either submit an existing craft(Zepto Labs may enter the Odysseus STS, or Zokesia Skunkworks may build a shuttle to fit the requirements). The company with the best craft gets "hired" with their design. We will always need new crafts, so even if you don't get one craft passed, you will get more chances!

Graphic Designer:

Just someone who can design a logo for the project and for all of the programs(Mun Program, Duna Program, etc.)

*currently occupied, although I may enlist a co-director in the future.

You CAN have more than one job

This will be using STOCK ships, but a few mods are allowed:

EVE, Distant object enhancement, ATM, and other aesthetic mods.

KER is allowed, but only when building in the VAB, and as long as you take it off when you fly/submit it.

To register, please fill out the appropriate form:

Kerbonaut:

Your Kerbal name(what you want your Kerbal to be called):

Your strengths(what do you do well):

Weaknesses(what you don't do well):

The most ambitious mission you have flown:

Mission Planner:

Write why you would be a good fit for this job.

Company:

Company name:

Link to your logo:

The best craft you have to offer:

Graphic Designer:

Link to something you have made:

===========================================================================================

Proudly supported by:

KnoefCo Space Administrary

FIST.jpg7d90150f_bbfb_44ab_af22_7b06611ddc6d_zps654aca7f.jpg

Ee_UBj_ML.jpgCJPrdwx.jpg===========================================================================================

Program Director:

FishInferno

Enlisted Kerbonauts:

Luke Kerman (FishInferno)

Ender Kerman (Endersmens)

Shifty Kerman (Mr Shifty)

Jand Kerman (jandcano)

Kurt Kerman (The Jedi Master)

S.C. Kerman Jr. (SpaceCannon46)

Morf Kerman (Morthgal_dwarf)

Jet Kerman (Jetwave)

Phoenix Kerman (cwheels32)

Mission Planners:

von Ziegendorf

Endersmens

Edited by FishInferno

Would this be a place for people to just upload various parts of their missions? If so then I'm very interested

I was thinking that I would be the head of the thing, but i would use user-submitted crafts, but you have got the gears rolling in my head...

think about this:

Each player takes a turn flying a mission/posting about it. they could use their own crafts and we could share a persistence file. each player could have their own Kerbal that they use for their missions, so it would really be like different astronauts flying the ships

Hmm that sounds cool and if people want to use mods could they do that but leave no debris or their ship?

Another idea is that players could submit their kerbals and someone would take it in turn to fly them on a mission and then post it, this would also make it more mod friendly as i use... to many

ok, i have some ideas for how this could work.

program_tree.jpg

this is a crappy MS publisher image of how it would work. the program director wouold oversee things, the mission assigner would assign missions, and the crafts would be supplied by supportive rocket companies or independent buuilders(BRIXco, Zokesia Skunkworks, etc.). the companies would just have to be willing to submit their crafts

- - - Updated - - -

dang idk why postimage makes it so small

Seems pretty interesting...

I hope that this will become bigger as time goes on, would you like to be a pilot?

- - - Updated - - -

Can I make rockets for this? I've made some pretty good ones in the past.

Sure. Will you be an independent builder or a company?

Can we use mods to build crafts? If so, then I humbly submit a contract proposal from Verolan Space & Aeronautics Corporation.

Company Name: Verolan Space & Aeronautics Corporation

Motto: In Labore Ad Astra, De Stellis, Profectum.

Note: The first motto, In Labore Ad Astra, is on the left side of the mission patch for any pilot working for them. The second, De Stellis, Profectum, is on the right.

Logo: Requesting assistance from anyone who joins as a Graphics Designer.

Specialty: Unmanned Vehicle Construction.

Will post images of crafts available soon.

Edited by Fox62

Crap. Well, that changes things. I still volunteer as manufacturer, but it's going to take me a bit longer and you can expect that my designs are going to be fairly bland and simple.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.