Community mission log project [Registration Open]

FishInferno

My reason or not having mods is so that everyone can participate. If your designs are simple, I don't mind. It is logical that a budding space program would start with simple designs before building larger rockets that go farther.

I would like to contribute as an independent builder. Just tell me what you want built and I will give it a try.

BTW, is it OK if I use Kerbal Engineer to create the craft to be as efficient as possible, and then remove any Kerbal Engineer units before publishing?

Edited by jandcando

BTW, is it OK if I use Kerbal Engineer to create the craft to be as efficient as possible, and then remove any Kerbal Engineer units before publishing?

I too would like to know this. Because there is no way in h-e-double hockey sticks that I am building stuff without a way to check TWR's and Delta-V.

Hey everybody, I've decided to pull out of this project.

Instead, I was just inspired to start my own mission log! The link is in my signature. I wish you all the best of luck!

Count me in! I'd like to sign my company up for rocket building, but as i am a terrible pilot, i would really like it if my crafts were flown by volunteer pilots. I'm really looking forward to see this develop, i'm sure it's gonna be awesome!

And will you contact us over craft needs or do we need to apply and will the best craft be chosen?

Thanks to everyone who vonenteered, the answer is yes to all of you.

I am still delaying the use of mods such a Kerbal Engineer. I will let you know my decision soon.

Count me in! I'd like to sign my company up for rocket building, but as i am a terrible pilot, i would really like it if my crafts were flown by volunteer pilots. I'm really looking forward to see this develop, i'm sure it's gonna be awesome!

And will you contact us over craft needs or do we need to apply and will the best craft be chosen?

Yeah, the rockets that companies submit are going to be flown by separate pilots, but you can be both a builder and a pilot.

I will ask all of the providing companies do a craft based on requirements(ex: make a ship that can get to a free-return trajectory to the Mun.). Then companies can either build a craft to fit the needs or submit one of the ships their company already "sells". The best craft will be chosen from the entries. I will explain this more in detail tomorrow when I can get on the computer(I'm on mobile now)

Glad more people are interested!

Personally, I don't see any reason why we can't use Kerbal Engineer for building purposes. It doesn't affect the craft itself, it only provides access to a useful UI. I really think KER should just be a partless plugin... Anyway I think we should be able to use it as long as we remove it after the rocket is finalized.

Considering that I believe it's a physics-less part, I see no reason why you can't run test flights with it.

Yeah, naturally. Every rocket needs testing before release. Lol I sill think that if KER was a part-less plugin, it would be the best thing in the world.

Ok I want to be a kerbonaut now.

Kerbal Name: Jand Kerman

Strengths: Basic orbits, precision, interplanetary manuvers, docking, landing on target.

Weaknesses: Flying airplanes, landing on target in a planetary atmosphere.

The most ambitious mission I have ever flown was a probe cluster mission to the Joolian system in which I landed a probe on all of Jool's moons except for Tylo.

I'd like to register as a Kerbonaut.

Your Kerbal name(what you want your Kerbal to be called): Shifty

Your strengths(what do you do well): rendezvous, docking, launches, landings, interplanetary

Weaknesses(what you don't do well): spaceplanes

The most ambitious mission you have flown: Oh who knows? I flew a challenge once with a single spacecraft with a fixed amount of dV. Made it to Eve-Moho-Eve-Kerbin-Duna-Kerbin.

Your Kerbal name(what you want your Kerbal to be called): Kurt Kerman

Your strengths(what do you do well): Kerbin system landings, one-way Duna missions

Weaknesses(what you don't do well): Rendezvous, most other interplanetary missions, precision landings

The most ambitious mission you have flown: Direct ascent Laythe landing

I would like to be Mission Planner. All I do in KSP is planning flights and building ships for them, but I often never actually fly them. About my achievements, I don't want to overly praise myself :P but I mastered stock KSP to the point when I had to switch to RSS to have decent difficulty level. Examples from my KSP 'CV' are

RSS

Simple Duna mission

8 flyby

And many (undocumented) others because I visited every celestial body in stock system.

And this designing of the whole program seems to be nice work for me :)

I would like to be Mission Planner. All I do in KSP is planning flights and building ships for them, but I often never actually fly them. About my achievements, I don't want to overly praise myself :P but I mastered stock KSP to the point when I had to switch to RSS to have decent difficulty level. Examples from my KSP 'CV' are

RSS

Simple Duna mission

8 flyby

And many (undocumented) others because I visited every celestial body in stock system.

I love RSS/RO, but I'm waiting for everything to be more compatible and stable before I get back on it. Everything is much harder with it, especially when the tech tree isn't working like it is supposed to.

RSS

Simple Duna mission

8 flyby

thanks for your form and welcome to the project!

So... When are we getting started?? ^^

Hopefully by Monday. Me and von Zigendorf can PM each other to plan the first program. I would also like to see if more companies are interested in particiating.

ask around the Rocket Builder forum to see if anyone is interested

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.