What are you reading now/what's on your must read list?

xcorps

Title says it all.

Here's my must read list:

Name of the Wind and the sequel The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

Failure is not an Option- Gene Krantz

Apollo by Catherine Bly and Charles Murry

The Farseer books by Robin Hobb

NASA Apollo Series: Stages to Saturn, A technological history of the Apollo/Saturn Vehicles by Roger E Bilstein

The Martian by Andy Weir

ATM I am reding Rocket Men and Speaker for the Dead(sequel to Enders Game).

Here is my must read list:

The Case for Mars

Lost Moon

Lord of the Rings

Failure is Not an option.

I would have to say my all-time favorite book is Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. My favorite space-related book is probably either Apollo: The epic journey to the moon or Mission to Mars(Buzz aldrin)

Ps. If you are into space(which I assume you are I u play ksp), then may I suggest Skywalking by Tom Jones. He was a shuttle astronaut and he writes bout his experiences of his 4 shuttle flights. I would also recommend Too Far From Home(I forget the author). It's about the three astronauts who were on the ISS at the time of Columbia's disintegration.

I started Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds today. I have serious doubts about finishing it, it's pretty bad.

One of the best series i ever read.

Just now reading "Only in Death" from Gaunt´s Ghosts W40K series.

Edited by KOCOUR

Recently re-read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Over the summer, I'm meaning to read The Handmaid's Tale for A-level English, but that depends on whether A) I actually find the time to, with all these video games and B) if I'm still going to be doing English next school year.

Also, I should probably get more Ciaphas Cain books. If you haven't heard of it, it's a series set in Warhammer 40K that's somewhat reminiscent of Blackadder. If you haven't heard of THAT, then there is no hope for you.

I have as much time for reading as for gaming - but gaming usually wins apart from longer trips by train, but then I tend to watch some TV series on my netbook instead most of the time. My time is not even enough to play all the games I want/ed to play, KSP being one big reason here.

Biggest reason: I have to work. :P

I have as much time for reading as for gaming - but gaming usually wins apart from longer trips by train, but then I tend to watch some TV series on my netbook instead most of the time. My time is not even enough to play all the games I want/ed to play, KSP being one big reason here.

So do you have some titles to post?

Working, Playing games, running, working out. Still have time to read.

Some suggestions then:

Song of Ice and Fire - definitely!

The curious incident of the dog in the night-time - narrated from the point of view of an autistic teenager, something different

Working, Playing games, running, working out. Still have time to read.

Then you are not gaming enough! :D

The last sentence of my post was not meant pretentious, rather annoyed at the fact of not simply being filthy rich. :wink:

And you are touching another touchy topic - before I up on the reading I should rather start running and working out too ... :P

Currently Reading:

David Mitchell: Back Story

Terry Pratchett: Raising Steam

John Green: The Fault in our Stars

Ben Miller: It's Not Rocket Science

Rob Long: Conversations with my Agent

Absolute Must Reads:

Ian McEwan: Atonement

F. Scott Fitzgerald: The Great Gatsby

P.J. O'Rourke: The Bachelor Home Companion

Cormac McCarthy: The Road

At least one Pratchett novel

That's all I can think of at the moment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.