Mision Rockomax BACC: 480m/s before 5600m

So I started a new game with the addition of forst contract. After succesful make the first few contracts I start receiving "comercial" contracts to try out stuff. All very easy... except for one:

Use Rockomax BACC Solid fuel Booster to reach 480m/s before reaching 5600m

I have tried get all I can together witohut struts (no yet research) and I'm no where near that.

It's possible to do it without cheating waiting for more powerful rockets and just attach one BACC to that?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sesiom

Put multiple BACC Solid fuel boosters together? You can also reduce cost and increase efficiency by mixing it with the cheaper initial booster the "RT-10 Solid Fuel Booster" which provides really good thrust to weight ratio.

You should type out the conditions clearly word for word. I don't think you quite understood the conditions as a contract I had for the BACC solid fuel booster required me to test it at altitude of above 22,800m and at speeds of >500*m/s which made it really difficult.

480 m/s that low...yeah, that's a tall order.

The smaller booster has a higher maximum TWR, which means it will be capable of higher speeds at a given altitude, so you might try packing some of them round a BACC for a speed boost. If you combine that with making a pitchover so you've got more time than if you ascend vertically, and reduce the fuel load of the BACC, that would be your best chance I reckon.

Don't fly straight up, fly sideways. It should be possible to do it with a bunch of RT-10s. And also, leave that BACC nearly empty, it'll give you a better TWR.

yeah, horizontal flight is probably your best bet, and it would be hella kerbal.

Use the BACC as root part of vessel in the SPH. Then put a probe core on the front and wings and control surfaces on it's sides, and some landing gear so you can take off from the runway. Then either put a radial decouple and the engine of your choice off the back, or mount some engines radially.

Launch, and fly like a bat outta Hades before staging and activate the BACC when you hit the right speed and altitude.

Then fly like that bat's meth-addled cousin.

HAVE FUN! I'd kill for that contract.

Disable/empty the thrust and fuel in BACC and attach it to a plane with high powered engines. Boom, done. I have a pretty decent test rig for 'In Flight Over Kerbin' contracts - with SP+ and FAR, almost anything is possible. Test RAPIER on suborbital flight? Done. Test chute at 10km? Done (and then swiftly decoupled). Smaller surface mounted items go in the cargo bay, everything else can be slapped on the outside. Hella fun, I tells ya.

Disable/empty the thrust and fuel in BACC and attach it to a plane with high powered engines. Boom, done.

I can just see how the conversation with the client would go afterwards.

"So, did you test the BACC?"

"Yes, all done."

"How did it do?"

"Well...err...it didn't actually do anything."

"Huh?"

"We took all the fuel out first. For safety, y'know."

"..."

"So, did you test the BACC?"

"Yes, all done."

"How did it do?"

"Well...err...it didn't actually do anything."

"Huh?"

"We took all the fuel out first. For safety, y'know."

"..."

"Hey, you didn't specify that it had to have fuel in! I'm just saying - you told us to stage it, and we staged it. Gib funds plz"

Some crazy answers here lol. I totally forgot the option to deplete the boosters, that made it really easy.

Thanks for the answers and I might try some of the more bizarre ones later :D

Btw I just used a BACC with minimum load and wraped it with a bunch of light solid boosters. Easy got that altitud and speed match and just hit the button small fart of BACC and done.

I feel thouse contracts are still too random, and they keep repeating. I have no great feeling of progresion like had with KSP Stoyry mission mod. But one step in the right direction any how.

Btw I just used a BACC with minimum load and wraped it with a bunch of light solid boosters. Easy got that altitud and speed match and just hit the button small fart of BACC and done.

I feel thouse contracts are still too random, and they keep repeating. I have no great feeling of progresion like had with KSP Stoyry mission mod. But one step in the right direction any how.

Congrats! The "easy" missions might be handy if you run low on cash...

There is another way to test engines in flight-

Initially activate the engine either by right-clicking or through an action group. Then, when the test conditions have been met, you can stage the engine. At that point, staging really does nothing except for completing the contract.

If the contract calls for testing by staging, I would put a probe core or pod on top of the booster, with a parachute or two. Activate the booster by right clicking on it. Flight path would be to roll over, to level off in the given altitude window. When speed and altitude conditions are met, stage the part. By doing this, you will splash down some distance from the KSC, but you still should get well over 90% recovery of funds.

So I started a new game with the addition of forst contract. After succesful make the first few contracts I start receiving "comercial" contracts to try out stuff. All very easy... except for one:

Use Rockomax BACC Solid fuel Booster to reach 480m/s before reaching 5600m

I have tried get all I can together witohut struts (no yet research) and I'm no where near that.

It's possible to do it without cheating waiting for more powerful rockets and just attach one BACC to that?

Thanks in advance.

These are possible to do, and depending if its in early on the game on later when you have opened lots of tech.

But generally all SRB's test speed and altitudes are quite ridiculous to compared the pay out and reputation gained. For some of these tests you need to build rocket that is 10x-100x more expensive than the pay out.

My recommendation to these contracts is to decline them as they show up, there is no penalty doing that. Only later in game where you have plenty of tech, you can do them in side of normal launches.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.