Where is kerbal space race??!?!?!?

Please please please! I know I'm a total n00b on these fora. This is my very first post.

I've been playing since .22(?) and my one overriding, burning desire has been to compete and collaborate with others in real time.

If I have to come to your offices and scrub floors, make coffee (I make damn good coffee) and be a footstool for people I will.

Just, I beg you. Squad devs, hear my prayer. PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE MAKE KERBAL SPACE RACE A REALITY.

It's a single player game

There is somewhere down the line, eventually, going to come some kind of multiplayer, but we don't know anything about that

*sigh* I know. I know that my dreams are a hopeless, distant, creation-of-the-universe-probability desire. But I can't help it. How much cooler would it be to argue with someone over mission parameters, design ideas, or even the suitability of a given part? The idea brings me to tears with its potential beauty.

Moreover, though, this was the one think I could think of that I was brave enough to post about. These forums are bewildering to jump into midstream. I don't comprehend half of what I read, and I've been playing for...hell almost a year now. Anyway, thanks for replying! It's nice to talk to someone, even when they call you stupid. :D

*sigh* I know. I know that my dreams are a hopeless, distant, creation-of-the-universe-probability desire. But I can't help it. How much cooler would it be to argue with someone over mission parameters, design ideas, or even the suitability of a given part? The idea brings me to tears with its potential beauty.

There's Dark Multiplayer if you can't wait. It's a bit rough around the edges from what I understand, though.

Moreover, though, this was the one think I could think of that I was brave enough to post about. These forums are bewildering to jump into midstream. I don't comprehend half of what I read, and I've been playing for...hell almost a year now. Anyway, thanks for replying! It's nice to talk to someone, even when they call you stupid. :D

Don't be intimidated, we all were where you are now at one point. Dive in and ask questions, this community is always willing to answer even the most newbish questions.

As mentioned, DarkMultiplayer [forum thread] is a work-in-progress mod that shows a lot of promise. Work seems to be ongoing dealing with stuff that's changed in the 0.24 release. From what I understand it's playable but buggy.

You can chat with the developers and other people playtesting the game by using the IRC chat button on their website or by pointing a client at channel #DMP on irc.esper.net.

As mentioned, DarkMultiplayer [forum thread] is a work-in-progress mod that shows a lot of promise. Work seems to be ongoing dealing with stuff that's changed in the 0.24 release. From what I understand it's playable but buggy.

You can chat with the developers and other people playtesting the game by using the IRC chat button on their website or by pointing a client at channel #DMP on irc.esper.net.

Hmmmmmm. And here I was just wondering what to do with the decommissioned 12-core server I'm about to get from work. Now I think I know...

Multiplayer is a confirmed feature that is going to be in future versions but don't hold your breath. You can thank KMP for getting the devs attention that it's possible.

I dunno, I can hold my breath a long....wait. We're talking an hour or two, right?

I dunno, I can hold my breath a long....wait. We're talking an hour or two, right?

Well we can asume the devs are going to complete carreer mode first, which will probably take a few more updates atleast, before they start releasing the multiplayer.

Well we can asume the devs are going to complete carreer mode first, which will probably take a few more updates atleast, before they start releasing the multiplayer.

So tomorrow morning. I CAN DO EET! *inhales*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.