[0.90] Kerbsplosions Pre-Alpha 3.3.1

Matrixmage

Do you suppose it would be possible to have realistic small-scale nuke airbursts/spacebursts?

I'm going to assuming your referring to the explosion graphic itself, and if so, we have to make each one ourselves so it could take awhile for us to look into making ones for specific things. But we are making a few different ones to release together, and we're going to have the ability to select a specific one for a part. So for the most part yes, we just have to make an appropriate graphic.

That's what I wanted to hear. It might motivate a resurrection of that mod. It was broken back in .23, but it really needs a revival... Better yet, it needs a whole grand pack, similar to Near Future. It would be a terrific thing to use in RealSolarSystem - but that's beside the point.

I'm sure all the people who work with weapon mods for KSP would love to have a variety of explosions as well. Ultimately, though, large explosions (nuclear/antimatter) are a niche that has never been filled, based on what I know. We already have antimatter in the Interstellar mod, so why not...

I'm sure all the people who work with weapon mods for KSP would love to have a variety of explosions as well.

Well that's kind'a what we're hoping for, that developers of weapon mods will transition over to use Kerbsplosions for their explosion physics and graphics. Because currently the standard for explosions in KSP is the default graphic, and either destroying for applying a force to everything nearby.

No, its not dead, I've just gone on a series of successive and badly timed vacations, so I've had no time to code in the new stuff, even the better effects made by my co-dev. But I'll be back on Thursday, so expect a major-ish update that weekend.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to say that it's not dead, and that we'll try to update soon. But we had to slow down progress, and then 0.25 threw a wrench into things, so we've been talking about just releasing what we have done.

So to answer your question, if we don't update by the end of the week (lets just say next monday) you're free to go ahead. If we do start working on this actively again, we have plans to put up a github for people to make improvements/changes to our code if they want to help, and if anyone makes serious changes or improvements, we plan to add them to the credits for their help.

• 4 weeks later...

So after talking with Greys on the #kspmodders IRC (thanks for the help Greys!) I have figured out how to add stuff to right click menus! So now integrity *should* display when a part is right-clicked. Now I should mention that I've done this update at 1 AM so my tester/co-dev CaptainLeviathan is asleep, meaning this update is completely untested due to me working on my laptop that can't handle KSP.

What I wrote for changelog on CurseForge:

A minor update to Pre-Alpha 3 (which was a minor update in its own right). This causes parts with the KerbsplosionsModule (and therefore an integrity) display their integrity on their right-click menu.

Kerbsplosions Pre-Alpha 3.2 is out! This update will hopefully have finally got integrity working!

What I wrote for the changelog on CurseForge:

Pre-Alpha 3.2 will hopefully fix the pesky bug of integrity not working. Now I have no clue if it actually did fix it, because my tester is not available and my laptop can't run KSP, so if you've tested things and it seems to be working, post something on the forums please!

EDIT: Integrity still not working!

Edited by Matrixmage

• 2 weeks later...

Kerbsplosions Pre-Alpha 3.3 is out! INTEGRITY WORKS!!

What I wrote for the changelog on CurseForge:

Finally the integrity saga has reached an end! There has been much hardship endured, but we have come out victorious! Integrity works! Special thanks to xEvilReeperx from #kspmodders for pointing out the flaw!

I like that shockwaves are applied to the configured parts. I miss shockwaves.

This seems to be a common misconception, even after I tried to remove all ambiguity. Our mod doesn't currently add any new graphical effects, all of them are the default KSP effects, which are a lot nicer since 0.25.

This seems to be a common misconception, even after I tried to remove all ambiguity. Our mod doesn't currently add any new graphical effects, all of them are the default KSP effects, which are a lot nicer since 0.25.

No, I mean the "push" you got for a short while when something exploded near you. It seemed to be gone in the latest KSP version.

No, I mean the "push" you got for a short while when something exploded near you. It seemed to be gone in the latest KSP version.

ah, well it's good you do, that's basically the whole mod, although usually scaled up :P

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda getting sick of having to point this out but if you have a download or anything at all to work with, you're at Alpha, not Pre-Alpha.

KSP's very first builds were also Alpha. Why do you nutters keep insisting on using a term that means pre-development-build? Re;ease time or state of release has nothing to do with it. Writing a plan for your mod before you begin would be pre-alpha. Working on the first build would be pre-alpha but as soon as you have that first build: Alpha.

3.3 certainly doesn't shout "pre-alpha" at me. Seems to be the "in" thing to say "well it sucks but it's only PRE-alpha" as if that means anything. The very definition of Alpha is that it's the initial development and testing stage and is full of bugs and is incomplete. You can't be taking that very same definition and then attaching "pre" to it and expect it to not look like moronic babble.

Edited by hildegain

Since hildegain sort of built the foundation for this comment, might I add this doesn't belong in Add-On Releases? If you go off of what hildegain just said you are basically admitting to having nothing more than some doodles and a dream. You've brought a diorama and a description, this should be in the development forum.

Edited by Hyomoto

Where are screenshots?:mad:

Check the Kerbal Stuff page. We have two different screenshots, but there isn't really that much to show off.

Kinda getting sick of having to point this out but if you have a download or anything at all to work with, you're at Alpha, not Pre-Alpha.

KSP's very first builds were also Alpha. Why do you nutters keep insisting on using a term that means pre-development-build? Re;ease time or state of release has nothing to do with it. Writing a plan for your mod before you begin would be pre-alpha. Working on the first build would be pre-alpha but as soon as you have that first build: Alpha.

3.3 certainly doesn't shout "pre-alpha" at me. Seems to be the "in" thing to say "well it sucks but it's only PRE-alpha" as if that means anything. The very definition of Alpha is that it's the initial development and testing stage and is full of bugs and is incomplete. You can't be taking that very same definition and then attaching "pre" to it and expect it to not look like moronic babble.

Since hildegain sort of built the foundation for this comment, might I add this doesn't belong in Add-On Releases? If you go off of what hildegain just said you are basically admitting to having nothing more than some doodles and a dream. You've brought a diorama and a description, this should be in the development forum.

Beta refers to a point in development where almost all features are in, but there are still major bugs. Alpha refers to a point where major features are still being added, and often will have bugs. Pre-Alpha refers to a concept stage where only basic features are still being added. We're almost done our Pre-Alpha stage, I just have to implement an equation for modulating the energy of an explosion based on the current pressure.

guys, this is a add-on and it has a release, so it matches perfectly "add-on releases". and at all this decission can only be made by the author.

I'm still wondering how dare some people are to complain about free add-ons, which were made by nice people in their spare time.

constructive criticism is something else.