Renameing stock resorces

Xenon2462

Hi Everyone After Watching one of Scott Manley's videos explaining the types of rocket fuels and according to him the stock fuels are Kerosene (RP-1) and Dy-nitrogen tetroxide. This fuel mixture is storable, reliable and hypergolic (reacts in contacts) the monopropellant can be any gas more commonly compressed nitrogen then we go to things like Xenon and solid fuels like Aluminium (aluminum to you Americans) and ammonia perculate. i apoagise for miss spelling but thats just an idea on my mind thanks for reading this.

This is his video very informative

Simply renaming the resources is pretty easy with a MM config, but getting all of the other parts that use resources (engines, generators, RCS, command pods, etc) will be a regular pain. MM configs could do that, but you'd essentially end up with Real Fuels. There was a post in the Stockalike Real Fuels config thread about limiting the fuel types to only stock ones renamed and a few others. You might want to check that out here: link.

Uh, no. The propellants KSP uses do not actually correspond to real substances.

First, the Isps are insanely out of whack if LiquidFuel is supposed to be RP-1 and Oxidizer is NTO. The quoted Isps are more like LCH4 and LOX.

Second, the densities make no sense at all, because KSP units are not of fixed volume.

What are the 3 or 4 names you want to use ?

well from what I've been told ksp fuels make no sense so maybe i could rename them kerbal like etc. Solid fuel could be gunpowder lol or liquid fuel could be Petrol (gasoline to the Americans) and oxidizer could be liquid air or lathing fluid (lathing gas in liquid form) Sorry if i misspell anything

well from what I've been told ksp fuels make no sense so maybe i could rename them kerbal like etc. Solid fuel could be gunpowder lol or liquid fuel could be Petrol (gasoline to the Americans) and oxidizer could be liquid air or lathing fluid (lathing gas in liquid form) Sorry if i misspell anything

Feel free to do what ever if you haven't got it https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Kerbal_Fuel_Testing.zip

Only changed the 3 names you listed if you want to change they other 2 you can edit the file or let me know if you need help doing it.

EDIT- Just seen on a test run that a save craft before adding this will still show the stock fuel.

Edited by Mecripp2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.