Mods for Mac OSX

derrickkchan

Hi I just got KSP and realized there are a lot of mods that can be added. However I can't seem to figure out how to find mods for Mac OSX. Do they exist or are the mods only available for the Windows version? Thanks
As far as i know, all mods should work for all versions of KSP.

There are a few rare mods that are only windows but they are external tools for finding flybys and stuff. You can tell which they are because they have a .EXE file instead of a .DLL.

Pretty much every other mod is platform agnostic.

Welcome to the forums!

Most mods do work on OS X, and when there have been Mac-specific issues, the modders have always been responsive. The few mods that don't work in-game are usually already outdated or highly experimental.

One key is that the installation instructions assume you use Windows. You can merge folders on OS X by dragging and dropping while holding Option. Then click "Keep Newer" or "Merge."

Welcome to the Kerbal Space Program Forum!

I'm also using OS X and as far as I've modded my game (Kethane, Kerbal Attachment System, SCANSat, Kerbal Engineer Redux, Connected Living Space, Chatterer, Active Texture Manager, RasterPropMonitor, KerbQuake, Module Manager, ProceduralFairings, blizzy's Toolbar) everything works fine. So I'm pretty sure until there is a good visible warning every mod will work for you - if not, try to contact the mod author, if you want to. Have fun on the Forum!

I have a Mac laptop I use when I travel, so I loaded KSP and a few mods from my PC version. The only trouble I had was that memory usage maxed out faster on my laptop than my massive home rig. So I couldn't quite tell if the mod was incompatible or I just don't have enough RAM. It's not a big deal though.