Mun City - Advanced Base Designs

You guys are great, LOL! A ring base, sweet - I like how all the antennae face inward almost like a big dish made out of smaller ones. Can't wait to see it finished, you make me want to do some more base building of my own. I've been distracted by challenges, but I'll get back to this right away :sticktongue:

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

I was going to post another mini-tutorial on techniques for navigation and control, but it has already been done so rather than reinvent the wheel I'll post a link to a number of useful tutorials on everything you would want to know about piloting, navigation and control:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/28352-The-Drawing-Board-A-library-of-tutorials-and-other-useful-information

JR

• 3 weeks later...

I have been working on setting up another base - this one on Eve, and spending as much of my time as I have available launching and doing screen shots, and I wanted to point out that KandoKris has done a great job of building some improved Curved Passages and posted them HERE - I just though they should be referenced in this thread since it is devoted to that kind of stuff.

In the mean time this is what I've been up to - launching rockets! (How ironic)

All KSP images have been moved here.

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

All that time and only 1slightly cryptic pic. �� More Please

oh i suppose i can wait..... Eve .... never done a full base on Eve

The fuel depo always seemed to blowup, so did most things the first few times :)

u can never have enough landing assist on eve :D

Edited by KandoKris

All that time and only 1slightly cryptic pic. �� More Please

oh i suppose i can wait..... Eve .... never done a full base on Eve

The fuel depo always seemed to blowup, so did most things the first few times
:)

u can never have enough landing assist on eve
:D

Yeah, sorry about that I guess this \/ would have been a better picture to post... Over 40 launches (I like to launch and navigate all my base components at once) each one a unique craft with all kinds of details I have to fix including a nightmare of staging for each one before I share them out. I'll have a multitude of craft files available for download soon; you just need to have patience - not to mention I keep getting distracted by those awesome space planes :D

JR

EDIT: Also, I've never built any bases on eve before so I'm making it up as I go - I just landed a few probes and a glider or two. I'm hoping my builds will stand up to the test :sealed:

Edited by Jolly_Roger

Holy flightplans batman.

ur deep Deep in testing :D

u cought me underestimating u JR

How many unique module's u got for your Eve city ?

To get my 1 piece i needed to utilize the transfer stage leftovers to slowdown and had 8 aerospiikes for the final burst.

lol.. eve flashbacks. it took me like 5 design mods before i had a soft landing and most of that was likely due to pilot error :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.