Do not fill in number gaps when creating screenshots.

My suggestion is simple. If I have screenshots 1, 2, 3, and go and delete screenshot 2, the next screenshot created should have number 4, not 2. I.e. the game should find highest used number and create a screenshot one higher, instead of looking for first unused number. Reason is simple: I may want to delete screenshots that did not end up well, but I still want related screenshots to stay together. The way it is made it may end up as a huge mess if I go and delete some screenshots I don't want.

Hrm... When would they reset? Max Int? A better idea, IMO, would be a timestamp. That way you don't have to track the current number or read from the directory before save, you just do it.

Anyway, +1, screenshots should be better managed.

I agree with using a timestamp. yyyy/mm/dd/hh/mm/ss, with as many decimal point seconds as required to capture the frantic hammering of the screenshot key as someone is documenting their best explosion ever.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.