Multiple copies of steam bought/downloaded client?

I bought my copy of KSP through steam, and I am thinking of adding a few of the gameplay altering mods such as "Better than Starting Manned" and "TacLifeSupport". However, I would like to do this using a separate copy of KSP that way I can keep my current saves usable (until some future patch potentially ruins them by accident :) ). What I am wondering, is it possible to make a separate copy of the steam downloaded client that is usable without affecting my main copy of KSP?

Edited by Ruthgar

Yup, basicly just copy and paste the entire folder into another location and your all set. (The only drawback is steam wont track hours played when playing the alternate installs)

Thanks for answering so soon, I don't really mind if it doesn't track the copied folder, as I will still be playing the normal gameplay version (I call it normal as the basic gameplay is still the same even if I do have mods added that are just add-ons to the game). My currently used mods are just feature/information adding ones such as "ScienceAlert" "Kerbal Engineer" "Mechjeb (Mostly just use the node engagement function of this as I like to plan my nodes myself). I was more concerned about using the ones that radically alter the basic structure of the game such as the "Better than Starting Manned" mod as I know they would potentially severely damage/break my current saves.

Glad you asked, because I have Steam, and I'm also planning to start a game with "Better than Starting Manned." Plus I want to make an install with dozens of mods installed.

I assume the folder we copy over is ... steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program.

Glad you asked, because I have Steam, and I'm also planning to start a game with "Better than Starting Manned." Plus I want to make an install with dozens of mods installed.

I assume the folder we copy over is ... steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program.

Yep that's it. KSP will run completely normal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.