Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

no download links?

SHAME!

i'll get to that soon...

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, missiles like those are why I still argue that turn based combat will survive into multiplayer, with some changes to accompany the comparatively miniscule turnaround rate.

I beg to differ...

after watching many videos about how multiplayer will effect combat. i have come to the conclusion that we must make longer ranged missiles to attack at first glance.

here is a video explaining this:

it isn't my own, obviously.

Made a Light Cruiser, but I can't test it myself for many reasons (including the fact that I am the worst shot ever, haven't been able to ever hit a single shot)

Anyone want to test it? Please?

The time has come! I have made a new military craft! Lo and behold... The Vesta-Class Light Cruiser!

Housing four of my "Jackhammer" HVHM missiles, this thing packs a punch, and it comes with a sleek look as well!

Two Nukes and loads of LF means it has over 6000m/s DV! And it weighs in at 72 tons.

It has 139 parts, so lag shouldn't be too bad. The missiles are replacable, they fire by decoupling from their 'cup holder' and fire their eight Seperatron motors.

It is awaiting a test run.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

download Vesta-Class Light Cruiser

In the spirit of advanced (perhaps even MP-ready) KSP tactics, I decided to make the NX-5 be a small, ultra-light, and expendable swarm drone, capable of being used en masse to overwhelm and kamikaze-attack larger targets (in the case of NBC battles, just swarming and shooting, not ramming).

riVUx9d.png

I call it the Proxy. I hope to make the NX-6 a more unique, efficient form of carrier, a ship meant purely to carry, launch, control, and re-fuel/arm expendable combat drones that can be used in swarms to devastating effect. The NX-5 is ion-powered, and has full RCS and a single internal weapon mount for simple ease-of-use and aiming.

BTyzbck.png

Awesome.

Your craft are simply beautiful!

I'm working on my carrier with a working door bay.

Internal holds for fighters serve two purposes to me:

1- To protect crewed fighters from harm.

2- To fit within the desired aesthetic of the ship.

If the ship can look good using drones and/or no internal holds and still be functional, it can be somewhat more part-efficient to make carriers with externally docked fighters. (It depends on what fighters you plan to use, however.)

Of course, why did I bother posting here? People don't listen at all here.

Ohhh, I listened alright...

I took an NX-4 Valkyrie singleship out for an attack run on your Vesta-class, coming in from retrograde of the ship.

The weapons loadout was 2 HVAP (higher-velocity) i-beams, and two normal i-beams.

The first 2 shots were individual HVAPs, and they blew out several fuel tanks immediately and set the ship oscillating wildly. (Not many pics as this was a high-relative-velocity attack run.)

ooa8ud6.png

3yivJI0.png

The NX-4 then flew past the stricken vessel, spun around, and fired its twin standard i-beams in a single volley, destroying the ship's hull and stripping off the engines and weapons.

ctdtYHg.png

I don't like making these types of comments, but you may want to start reworking your basic internal structure and hull design, as the Vesta-class got effectively totaled by what is in essence a heavy fighter.

A good starting point for reworking your stuff would be to DL the ships that you can find from other builders and try learning from their designs. A good example would be this older design I've had lying around on my Dropbox, the good 'ol SX-13 Frigate. (The pic is of the "S" cut-down variant that had less external reactive armor plating and such.)

845lUxo.png

Link to the SX-13: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1qj0fpprklpfcz/MU%20SX-13.craft?dl=0

What's that? Can't see any weapons...

4x external small munition mounts (equipped with i-beams in the pic, could be swapped to any small-diameter missile or KKV); 2x internalized, side-facing 1.25 meter guided ASM launch tubes (using tire-tipped ASMs in the pic). Plus, add in external mounts/docking ports and the chaff probes, and this ship is ready for modern KSP combat.

Couldn't see that on my phone. When I've finished the Dragon lore and other stuff like the torps I'll fight you if you want.

Sure thing. I'd likely bring in some of my more direct-combat type warships like the NX-1 or NX-3, along with the NX-8. (The NX-2 Odin is a bit of a super-heavily-armed, super-laggy missile taxi TBH)

EDIT: If you want, I can try and help you upgrade the Dragon Lore design a bit, since I'm always willing to accept a good challenge.

Nx2 sounds right for the Dragon lore (gonna call it the dlore for now), part count? And weight?

The NX-2 Odin battlecruiser clocks in at a whopping 825 parts (counting loaded ammo and drydocking clamps) and has a mass of 183 mT with a full fuel/ammo load.

Part of that stems from the quad LV-Ns in the back and the 12 ASM 1.25 meter guided missiles it carries in its launch tubes.

EDIT: Made a heavier-duty drone fighter, dubbed the NX-00 Banshee for now, after taking a detailed look at Spartwo's SIC ships, especially some of the smaller, faster ones.

(The Slen is meant to be countered by this.)

52LVOm1.png

jrLWtX1.png

Ya'll can say what you will, but i-beams are still pretty effective fighter armament despite their age as a stock KSP missile.

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.