Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

It's turn based. We send the persistent file to each other then take out turns shooting at each other. We send our ships into orbit using hyperedit (MOD, It can be done manually using a rocket but it's too impractical). From then on we have to use our own engines and fuel to maneuver or ships so if you don't have enough fuel tough luck ;)

Three1415 want to fight? Simple ships are scary, what's her name?

I am already entered for battle with ejudedude...

Also, at 990 parts, it is hardly a "simple" ship :sticktongue:! She is the C3V Zytkow, a TZO Class Heavy Cruiser. Also, she has something like twenty tons of armament, including a Structural Pylon-fed, Mainsail-powered railgun.

I am already entered for battle with ejudedude...

Also, at 990 parts, it is hardly a "simple" ship :sticktongue:! She is the C3V Zytkow, a TZO Class Heavy Cruiser. Also, she has something like twenty tons of armament, including a Structural Pylon-fed, Mainsail-powered railgun.

What I mean by "simple" is that what it looks from the outside which hides it true power. I've seen that railgun in action. I cannot remember where, but I've seen the video. I was right, that ship is really scary but can the armor hold :rolleyes:

What I mean by "simple" is that what it looks from the outside which hides it true power. I've seen that railgun in action. I cannot remember where, but I've seen the video. I was right, that ship is really scary but can the armor hold

The railgun is my own design, inspired by one I had seen earlier (I cannot remember where, either). It does look simple from the outside, but doubt not its armor: In some areas there is a second layer of wing-panels under the first, and in the the rear two-thirds there is another layer of heavy plate beneath that. Two to three-layer armor, check! :D

Edited by Three1415

The railgun is my own design, inspired by one I had seen earlier (I cannot remember where, either). It does look simple from the outside, but doubt not its armor: In some areas there is a second layer of wing-panels under the first, and in the the rear two-thirds there is another layer of heavy plate beneath that. Two to three-layer armor, check! :D

You can thank Spartwo for that railgun.

Also, wing panels don't always make the best armor. They tend to disintegrate on impact.

Hey, it's not my ship, don't look at me! :D

*points at Frozen_Heart* :P

AhuL0lZ.png

Are y'all talking about this railgun. Me and Daemon were the first to weaponize them at the same time using different methods. She went for a single engine broadside design and I used a quad engine point towards design. After .21 the quad design didn't work and broadside had a lot of disadvantages. Eventually the general design became Engine towards target and the munitions drift into the line of thrust.

Hello all. I'm a new individual to the Naval Battle Club thread, despite me thoroughly looking through the rules, I still have a question (apologies if this was already asked, but I doubt it was), anyway, will a sunflare re-texture change a persist file? (This one)

Anyways, I'd like to introduce myself to this club, as well as partake in some of its activities. Under the name "Caphrean Republic", I would appreciate a 'test battle' with an individual who wishes to try a fighter engagement with a few fighters (the "Lance") I've made myself. Though, I need to look at my fighter's weight again (I forget a lot of things) it has 3 hardpoints. 2 .625m I-beam missiles and a 1.25 m docking port, for anti-ship weapons. Also, I'll introduce another fighter design that will be included in my assets, the "Zephyr" fighter. With 4 .625 m missile hardpoints. It remains frail, but it can take a hit, according to my studies. (Zephyr, top) 13.21 t weight, 89 parts. (Lance, bottom), 14.57 t weight, 85 parts. http://imgur.com/a/D8Au7 Anyway, I forgot to label the specs. 7 fighters total, 100 ton mass limit, or at least, will be negotiated, soon. :P

Also, thanks, tech :)

Edited by Tynton
I keep forgetting things.

Eventually the general design became Engine towards target and the munitions drift into the line of thrust.

This is how mine works as well; it is nice, however, that Structural Pylons are their own decouplers, and so do not need additional parts to be used as armament.

Also, wing panels don't always make the best armor. They tend to disintegrate on impact.

That is exactly why I am using them: As ablative armor to dissipate incident armaments' kinetic energy before they hit the inner layer, which is made, not of wing panels, but the actual extremely-massive-80 m/s-impact-tolerance structural panels that most everyone else uses for their external structure. I have been testing the ship against weapons-fire, and so far it has been absorbing girder-tipped, 1.6-ton SRB missiles moving at 150 m/s without any internal damage (not a single shot of the 15 or so I have fired at it has done anything to the vitals of the ship, and only one actually penetrated the secondary plate layer).

I really don't know how to build a ship like Macey dean with low part count. I just throw something together and it has high part count. Anyone got a tutorial? I've taken apart Macey's shops but to no avail. Also, i want to make them look good. Pm me if you do have a good tutorial!

Edited by ejudedude13

By the way, I had a few ideas (if anyone is willing) for specific game modes besides "last ship standing" or whatever. I had a proposal for the attack/defense game-mode..whether in space or on land. Though, I'm up for a fighter wing battle if anyone is bored/interested. :)

Edited by Tynton

(@Zamovinar) Something like (in Halo: Reach's Invasion gamemode) one team tries to overrun another's colony. Although, because I have some issues with high part counts, usually this would need assets to be 5 km or further apart, unless I can prototype the game-mode in OpenGL mode. Although the problem I've heard with OpenGL is, worse framerates. Anyways, I also thought of the 'cliche'd "Capture The Flag" in 2 separate types. 1 flag, or whoever gets the other team's flag first, but that would require that vehicles move a certain distance (like tanks only move 60 meters foward or whatever) during a turn so that the first faction can't win on first turn. That is, unless there's already a limit to mobility. As opposed to setting battles on the surface of planets, space battles would be difficult to establish...not that I'd spend much effort as the rulemaker for anything such as space battles...

But I'd appreciate if I can test my assets with someone else, not going to beg, but I'd appreciate some testing and perhaps some fun! :)

I really don't know how to build a ship like Macey dean with low part count. I just throw something together and it has high part count. Anyone got a tutorial? I've taken apart Macey's shops but to no avail. Also, i want to make them look good. Pm me if you do have a good tutorial!

How low is low part count? Macey Dean constructed ships before many of the weapons and armor technologies we use now were discovered, so newer ships tend to have higher part counts. As an example, guided missiles like Zekes' drek missiles have pretty high part counts (25 ish) compared to a simple SRB with a decoupler and a docking port for only 3 parts. It shouldn't be too difficult to build a decent 50 ton ship for under 300 parts though.

My suggestion if you're struggling is to avoid clipping and go with more simple geometric shapes. A long cylinder or diamond shape won't be the best at defense but it is easier to build and lower part count than a more complicated design. As an example, my (not very good) battleship from 0.24 had fewer than 500 parts, which is pretty low for a 114 ton ship.

VWCfNKP.png

How low is low part count? Macey Dean constructed ships before many of the weapons and armor technologies we use now were discovered, so newer ships tend to have higher part counts. As an example, guided missiles like Zekes' drek missiles have pretty high part counts (25 ish) compared to a simple SRB with a decoupler and a docking port for only 3 parts. It shouldn't be too difficult to build a decent 50 ton ship for under 300 parts though.

My suggestion if you're struggling is to avoid clipping and go with more simple geometric shapes. A long cylinder or diamond shape won't be the best at defense but it is easier to build and lower part count than a more complicated design. As an example, my (not very good) battleship from 0.24 had fewer than 500 parts, which is pretty low for a 114 ton ship.

http://i.imgur.com/VWCfNKP.png

I guess for a carrier, a squareish shape with a bit of extra parts would do. Thanks sdj. Also, im looking at under 500 cuz most other computers probably cant handle more than 500, even though the game can run with some lag, like 20 fps, on my computer under 1000. More than that, its aound 10 fps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.