Circumnavigate Kerbin...BY FOOT.

Nobody will do this. Ever. Kerbals walk, swim and run at a very, very slow pace. At 4x physical timewarp, I'd be surprised if anyone took less than a real-time week.

Yeah, just getting to the water takes over half an hour of in-game time.

Edited by Pds314

Before you make a challenge, PLEASE, first type some rules.

Is rescaling allowed? Timewarp mods (if there are some)? Mass Relays?

Seriously, please think a little bit before you make a challenge like this. I'm pretty sure no one will take the time to circumnavigate Kerbin with a Kerbal.

But driving a rover in a straight line for 20 hours is less medically insane than this? I was thinking you people like this kind of stuff.

It took 6 months to do that. I might do a walk around the launchpad though.

The horribleness of Desert bus pales in comparison to this challenge. Desert bus is only 8 hours. The world-record score is 5 points, or 40 hours. This challenge would take several hundred hours on max timewarp.

Kerbal has an equatorial circumference of ~4000 kilometers. Walking around Kerbin is roughly equivalent in distance to walking the entire pacific crest trail. PCT hikers usually take 6 months to do that IRL.

Kerbin just isn't an interesting enough place to convince me to want to walk anywhere beyond the KSC, let alone around the entire planet.

Edited by Pds314

You do understand this challenge would take something in the ballpark of fifteen years, right? I mean, it took Wookiee six months to do the same task with a rover averaging at 30 to 40 m/s. Kerbals only run at 2 m/s, and they swim at half a meter per second.

At that speed, it should take under 40 hours.

I do believe you are correct, although that is only active time, but walking would take nearly two months of active time. Still though, most of us have friends, family, jobs, food, and bills to deal with. And with whatever you have left as free time, probably isn't gonna be all ksp (or games in general), and I doubt I'm the only one here with a massive space program filled landers and colonies to land.

p.s. if I seem rude with this reply, I don't mean to be.

no man, you're being annoying for digging up this thread. It was already sinking to the bottom, and now it's at the top again.

I say unless someone is going to take a serious shot at doing this challenge, weshould not make a post just to bash it. That'll only bring the thread up again.

Edited by goduranus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.