[1.0.4] BoxSat vA.02f - Updated 09/16/2015

DasPenguin85

Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?

• Day: Friday
    • Day: Saturday
    • Day: Sunday
    • Time: Afternoon
    • Time: Evening

yes but stacking more than three makes it look bad

Hello, checking in from the local ale festival. We are also developing a payload module that will support larger experiments and engines with fuel. It will occupy an entire payload frame and may take some of the load off for some of your larger designs. We have considered a larger frame that holds multiple stacks but it is much harder to balance. If more than three frames stacked looks

off consider taking advantage of the ability to swap out modules with KAS. Thank you.

Hello, checking in from the local ale festival. We are also developing a payload module that will support larger experiments and engines with fuel. It will occupy an entire payload frame and may take some of the load off for some of your larger designs. We have considered a larger frame that holds multiple stacks but it is much harder to balance. If more than three frames stacked looks

off consider taking advantage of the ability to swap out modules with KAS. Thank you.

nice to hear this :)

Ion engine BoxSat designs would be a whole lot better looking with this.

Also in the meantime I have come up with a substitute idea for the side attachment nodes, to use scaled down quad couplers (using tweakscale) to create a bigger box out of 8 smaller boxes.

i don't thinks so especially since KAS is broken now...

also i have a suggestion, please me a flush mini docking port for this also can some please make some expansion parts for this as we know that DasPengun85 is probably still recovering

Has anyone tested this in 0.90 yet?

Quick testing shows the basic parts work fine. We're going to hold off on testing for 0.90 until most of the mods we support are updated. I'm also having stability issues with stock 0.90. I'm checking for issues on my end but I'm not having issues with any of my 45 other installs of KSP 0.23.5 through 0.25 other than occasionally running out of memory from too many mods.

Quick testing shows the basic parts work fine. We're going to hold off on testing for 0.90 until most of the mods we support are updated. I'm also having stability issues with stock 0.90. I'm checking for issues on my end but I'm not having issues with any of my 45 other installs of KSP 0.23.5 through 0.25 other than occasionally running out of memory from too many mods.

45 installs???

:confused:

45 installs???

:confused:

I have 4-6 installs of each version in different configurations for testing BoxSat. Then I've got a couple versions of each with various mod combinations that are fun to tinker with. So that's about half of my installs. Then I have a few x64 installs for stability testing.

Recently I decided I would start preparing to play a new career game (I haven't made any serious attempts with career since 0.22). This time I want to have everything the way I want it with parts, plugins, science, kerbals, and tech tree. A total overhaul of KSP to my specifications.

So I have been testing a ton of mods while organizing my ideas about the tech tree and the parts. It's been tons of fun to approach KSP with such a free hand and I've been learning a lot more about the history of space exploration in the process. My revised tech tree concept is almost complete and I'm starting to assemble test builds to confirm if I like how it plays.

Hopefully it'll run with all of the parts and plugins. When I deleted 90% of the stock parts in one of my installs to free up memory to assemble a big group screenshot of all of the engines from stock and different mods all of the buildings at KSC turned pink due to missing textures (apparently they share textures with rocket parts?).

So yeah, that's how I wound up with 45 installs of KSP on my SSD.

Wanted to say thanks for a great mod. Ive made a few tweaks myself such as adding extra nodes to the frame to make sideways stacking and allow surface attachment. This is just to perfect for nailing on the side of a rover to pass up. I was wanting to ask if there where any plans on adding more science modules as I was considering trying to make my own but figured Id ask what you guys where planing on first.

Wanted to say thanks for a great mod. Ive made a few tweaks myself such as adding extra nodes to the frame to make sideways stacking and allow surface attachment. This is just to perfect for nailing on the side of a rover to pass up. I was wanting to ask if there where any plans on adding more science modules as I was considering trying to make my own but figured Id ask what you guys where planing on first.

I'm curious about how it looks with the side nodes. Would you mind posting some pictures?

Sure. Here is how it started.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

If you want to play around with the nodes here is what I used.

node_stack_module1 = 0.0, 0.12, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_module2 = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_module3 = 0.0, -0.12, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_module4 = 0.0, -0.24, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_hatch = 0.0, 0.0, -0.3125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0

node_stack_back = 0.0, 0.0, 0.3125, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.3125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.3125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_left = -0.3125, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_right = 0.3125, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.3125, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

Edited by DigitalProeliator

Since 0.9 was released i'm having an issue with the Quad tape antenna and the dish. When i right click on them i get 4 separate activation buttons. Also, when i activate the antenna will deploy then close up again immediately. Has anyone else had this problem?

Since 0.9 was released i'm having an issue with the Quad tape antenna and the dish. When i right click on them i get 4 separate activation buttons. Also, when i activate the antenna will deploy then close up again immediately. Has anyone else had this problem?

How many ModuleManager.*.*.* you have installed ?

I'm setting up my test builds right now to test BoxSat for 0.90 so I'll be sure to test for this. Which mods were you using and which boxsat modulemanager configs do you have installed?

How many ModuleManager.*.*.* you have installed ?

This is a good question as well.

I currently have ModuleManager.2.5.1 installed. As for mods i'm using:

BoxSat vA.02.b

Chatter-0.8.0

DMagic_Orbital_Science_0.9.1

Karbonite_0.5.0

KAS_0.4.10

MKS_0.22.1

Near_Future_Construction-0.3.1

Near_Future_Solar-0.3.1

Near_Future_Electrical-0.3.1

Regolith_PRE_0.0.2

RemoteTech-v1.5.1

StationScience-1.4

TacLifeSupport_0.10.1.13

I've been using these for a while (since before 0.9 release). Those that were updated for 0.9 I deleted and replaced with the newer versions. Thank you for taking a look at my problem guys. I appreciate the time.

Edited by rose4100

I currently have ModuleManager.2.5.1 installed. As for mods i'm using:

BoxSat vA.02.b

Chatter-0.8.0

DMagic_Orbital_Science_0.9.1

Karbonite_0.5.0

KAS_0.4.10

MKS_0.22.1

Near_Future_Construction-0.3.1

Near_Future_Solar-0.3.1

Near_Future_Electrical-0.3.1

Regolith_PRE_0.0.2

RemoteTech-v1.5.1

StationScience-1.4

TacLifeSupport_0.10.1.13

I've been using these for a while (since before 0.9 release). Those that were updated for 0.9 I deleted and replaced with the newer versions. Thank you for taking a look at my problem guys. I appreciate the time.

Be sure to check to make sure you only have one copy of ModuleManager installed. Some of the mods you've listed include their own copy of MM. If you have four copies installed it's very likely you'd get the results you describe. I'm not aware of any conflicts with any of these mods as I frequently use many of them myself. The only mods on this list that I haven't tested BoxSat with myself are MKS, Regolith, and StationScience.

RemoteTech just updated to v1.5.2 and it fixed the issue. Thanks for looking into it orcmaul. But now i have another problem where my craft goes into an uncontrollable "wobble" when I turn on SAS with an unmanned vehicle. I'll ask the guys over on the RemoteTech page.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.