Forum access in game

I play windowed. I have KSP in one window and forums in another window. Works like charm.

If you need to play fullscreen, you may try the "-nopopupwindow" option, i.e. borderless windowed with resolution set to your desktop. But you will need to hop between game and the rest anyway, you can only have one window on top. Unless you have two monitors, of course.

Although I do see some use for your idea I do think it's a bit excessive. It's like putting a game console in a car steering wheel. You can't do both at the same time.

In-game switching between forum and game would be just as easy/intrusive as switching between browser and game right now.

Er, yeah. Alt-tab surely?

Personally I find myself checking the wiki a lot more than the forum. Tons of data on there. Besides, a lot of the other tools you need (transfer window calculators, etc) are hosted on other sites, so you're always going to be switching back and forth between KSP and the browser.

If you have it on Steam you can open the overlay web browser and do it that way. If not, have you got a phone or tablet or laptop or a similar device. Just have it in front of you and when you want to read just go on the forums on your device. This way you can watch KSP and read the forums at the same time!

Like previously mentioned, with Steam you can use the overlay (which you can use even if you don't own the game through steam, you just have to add it to your games list as a non-steam game). But mostly I just have chrome open in another window on my second monitor (but I still play full screen, so it effectively alt-tabs away). Also, if you press shift+enter you can switch between fullscreen and windowed mode. Great for doing other things while loading the game (start in fullscreen, shift+enter to make it windowed, it continues loading in the background)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.