Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

Don't want to tease you guys with anything, but I thought I might just share this clip. Part of a 5 min cinematic segment at the beginning of the new episode. Currently doing the commentary and preparing for the battle in the final part of the episode, shouldn't be long now. Hope you've all been keeping up with the news from Macey :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_6ijAOVYk

Woohoo! I'm already excited. :D

About a week ago I put the finishing touches on this infantry fighting vehicle kinda based off the LAV-25. Technically those "finishing touches" were more like "making the front look less ugly."

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The front armor still looks kinda weird, but it's very, very good at deflecting tank shells thanks to the harsh angle. It takes ~3 tank shells to get to the command pod. It comes with 4 countermeasure pods to ward off incoming Helfires and Mavericks, and in a pinch the .50 cal machine guns will open fire on them. It also has seating for a squad of six kerbals in the back.

Here is a link to the download. Sorry I was too lazy to upload this about a week ago. I hope it can get into this episode :D

Do we have ETA on the next episode? Or are we all watching Macey's new episode over and over again to care? :sticktongue:

I'm making great progress on it, and steady too. I've got all the ships ready to go, and I'll be recording the two battles over the next few days... I'm expecting crash after crash after bug after bug. Perhaps a couple of weeks.

I'm making great progress on it, and steady too. I've got all the ships ready to go, and I'll be recording the two battles over the next few days... I'm expecting crash after crash after bug after bug. Perhaps a couple of weeks.

A few weeks? Okay. Hopefully you won't crash too much.

I've made a few capitol ships for a save-file war with a friend. You're welcome to use any you please.

Company: New Dawn Cooperative

Description: The New Dawn cooperative was in its conception a mining company, developing techniques for rapid deployment of bases on low-gravity worlds. Using their mining profits, the Cooperative began developing other assets to protect its drill bases. Their engineers soon turned out large amounts of capitol ships, known systemwide for their ruggedness and firepower. The crown jewel of the New Dawn fleet is the Corona, a massive 250 ton Dreadnaught capable of eliminating enemy fleets singlehandedly. The Corona was joined by two smaller battleships shortly after its maiden voyage. The Azeroth is a 100 ton Battle Cruiser, packing 6 RT-5 missiles, plus a bevy of smaller armaments, and the Zenith is a 30 ton pocket battle cruiser packing 2 RT-5s, plus anti-fighter missiles.

Corona

Cw9fLts.png

(Download)

Azeroth

zZOuM52.png

(Download)

Zenith

XZQSSpm.png

(Download)

Technical Specs:

Corona: 250 tons, 550 parts, packs 8 RT-5 Missiles, 6 Sepatron missiles, 6 RCS missiles, plus two decoy drones.

Azeroth: 100 tons, 350 parts, packs 6 RT-5 Missiles and 7 RCS missiles.

Zenith: 30 tons, 190 parts, packs 2 RT-5 Missiles and 4 RCS missiles.

Armament notes:

All weapons are designed to be reusable. Just copy them from the base of the RCS tug (for the sepatron/RT-5 missiles), or the entire thing (RCS missiles) and send more up.

Hull notes:

All ships are designed with a modular girder frame, which has survived a direct hit amidships with an RT-5. Thanks to some well-placed probe cores, it's still up and running.

wDDllTp.png

Edited by Servo

A ship designed for space combat, will be allied with HKA.Nouveau-class

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Nouveau-class Destroyer[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Delta-V[/TD]

[TD]11,000 M/S[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Parts[/TD]

[TD]173[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Propulsion[/TD]

[TD]2x LV-N NERV Atomic Rocket Motor,6x IX-6315 "Dawn"

Electric Propulsion System[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Armament[/TD]

[TD]2x RT-5 Flea Guided SRB Missiles, 2x High Velocity I Beam Separatron Missiles[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Armor[/TD]

[TD]Class 3:(80 m/s core and plating, with some being less)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Javascript is disabled. View full album

http://www./download/dynla4j16k9pcms/A_E_S_+Nouveau.craft

The armor is able to take very high speed impacts.

Edited by Alphasus

Aaaand just when I'm FINALLY about to update my catalog, BDArmory comes out with an update that changes EVERYTHING. *sigh* You know what? Screw it. I'm just gonna go ahead and do this update just to get them out there.

EDIT:

Aaand there we go! After several weeks of delays due to a great many things, I have FINALLY updated my catalog.

Just to go over what has happened:

UPDATED:

All pre-existing armored vehicles, from the M1 to the M11 have received an update. These have been given an -A1 designation to the end of their previous designations. So the M1 is now the M1A1, the M2 is now the M2A1, the M3 the M3A1, etc.

NEW:

M9A1E1 Wabash

M12 Rio Grande

M13 Chattahoochee

M14 Ohio

M15 Mississippi

C-4 Shortstop

T-1 Apprentice

Retired:

C-1 SkyLifter

P.S.- HatBat, I'm not exactly sure what's going on in your picture, but I approve of it.

Edited by datubaman

DOUBLEPOST FTW! URGH. Just a quick note of a policy change for Union Dynamics. We are considering a change in how our catalog is maintained. As it is now, we make a bunch of new craft, or make updates for a bunch of old ones, and then we add them to the catalog. The thing is, that process is VERY time consuming as the catalog has grown to become absolutely enormous, much bigger than we had initially anticipated. The change we are considering is a much more fluid system of simply updating the catalog every time we make something new or update an older craft. What this means is that while each update will contain far fewer craft than previously, they will be much more frequent. And for me it means that it will no longer take me 3 hours updating it each time.

• 2 weeks later...
Slight problemo guys, the new episode is nearly 30 minutes in and it's not even finished yet. It seems way too long, but... I suppose if you're up for a bumper episode?

Please! Two parters are good from a cinematic and statistical standpoint, as it leaves the audience in suspense, just make sure that you choose a suitably dramatic point to stop.

Also, I look forwards to it immensely!

Hey, HatBat, love your series, if you want to use this tank I made for it (For HKA or GMI, IDC) then here's the thread, it has the download link and some pictures so you know what it is. Thanks.

Hope you like it!

P.S. What does HKA stand for? I know GMI is general mining industrial, but what is HKA?

Thanks very much for the tank man, looks great. Spot on with GMI, as for HKA... well: I've tried not to break the immersion up to this point. It stands for 'HatBat's Kerbal Adventure' which was the original name of my save before I started using it for the Kethane Station. Perhaps somebody will have to come up with a more interesting meaning :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.