Jeb's Junkyard Blog - Adventure accounts needed

Jebidiah005

The Basic Jeb, a cheap SRB test rocket from the first tier of Career. Jeb successfully flew this rocket for his first contract flight for successful launch and 5,000 meter altitude record. He later tweaked the thrust level and use the same design to fulfill the 33,000 meter altitude record contract. By landing in the ocean, the SRB was recovered along with the capsule and parachute.

F2ulVN4.jpg

To fulfill the suborbital contract, the Basic Jeb 2 was developed. It consist of the Basic Jeb with a decoupler and second SRB below. That design reached over 200,000 meters on its suborbital flight.

J414vKk.jpg

With tier one and some tier two science unlocked, Jeb's Junkyard's space program was well under way.

In a later contract design, the Jeb Poodle was built. It's sole purpose, to test the prototype Poodle engine and radical decouplers while on an escape trajectory from Kerbal. This crazy all SRB design flew straight up to escape velocity thus fulfiling those two contract requirements to net both science points and lots of Kerbal Bucks for Jeb's growing space program.

pL1i9n3.jpg

B3XPm74.jpg

A while back I had the most frustrating mission in history.

Finally I had built a functioning unmanned rover, and I decided it was only just if I put it on the Mun. I did just that, and after slapping it on top of a rocket it flew all the way there, even making a successful landing and everything.

It all started going wrong after Munar departure. I throttled up the engines, and the spacecraft with its three crew members were carried into a suborbital trajectory. After that engine ran out of fuel, I was about to detach it, but luckily I noticed a staging error that would've stranded the Kerbals. So, I moved around the little boxes in the staging menu and then I slammed the spacebar. However, the staging was still wrong, and the re-entry decoupler fired instead! Now, the crew had no vessel, and they weren't even in orbit yet!

So, the only thing possible was to get each crew member out individually and use their EVA packs to get them into orbit. Luckily, all three made it, but in different orbits. Nevertheless though, they were alive, and right after the incident I sent a shuttle to the Mun to rescue our stranded Kerbonauts. All three got in the spacecraft and made it home alive.

This was months ago, perhaps last year, and I wasn't very good at KSP yet. That, along with the fact I never kill a kerbal, made for one heck of an intense experience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.