[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

17 hours ago, magico13 said:

Last I heard KK didn't work at all with 1.0.5. Supposedly there are unofficial recompiles for 1.0.5, but those would have to be installed manually. If you're not running those, that's likely your issue, since KCT doesn't change anything about KK and the VAB.

You can change launch sites after you build the vessel though (assuming KK even works) by building the vessel, clicking the "*" button, and then clicking "Choose Launchsite". That's mostly implemented in KCT (though it does call a KK function), whereas all the launch site stuff in the VAB is implemented in KK.

I may also be misinterpreting you (I don't actually use Kerbal Konstructs myself so I'm not familiar with all of it). Do you mean launch sites marked as " other" rather than being marked as "launch pad"? If that's a thing that exists, please point me to an example so I can do some testing and get it implemented properly (I don't actually use KK, remember?) Thanks :)

Yeah, using an unofficial recompile, and I found out what you said just before reading your reply :-)

Thanks for the help, and the great mod!

Edit:

The catagories are Launchsites, Runways, Helipads, and "other". Multipurpose sites (combo of runway & launchpad) are in the "other" category, and KCT does not let you use them for SPH craft or VAB craft, although they are meant for both.

Edited by minepagan

59 minutes ago, minepagan said:

Multipurpose sites (combo of runway & launchpad) are in the "other" category, and KCT does not let you use them for SPH craft or VAB craft, although they are meant for both.

If you're willing to try out a development version of KCT, I just uploaded a possible fix for this. "Other" sites should work for both VAB and SPH vessels, and "Helipad" launchsites should work for SPH vessels. Grab the .dll from here (under Last Successful Artifacts) and drop it in the GameData/KerbalConstructionTime/plugins directory.

22 hours ago, magico13 said:

If you're willing to try out a development version of KCT, I just uploaded a possible fix for this. "Other" sites should work for both VAB and SPH vessels, and "Helipad" launchsites should work for SPH vessels. Grab the .dll from here (under Last Successful Artifacts) and drop it in the GameData/KerbalConstructionTime/plugins directory.

Ok......now it just keeps kracken-ing. I keep trying to launch from KSC 2, and it, well........says "fatal error."

Alas, it is not a proper 'crash', so I have no output log to provide....but picture!

E1D6108635141493103D81ACEEB615317788E4EF

EDIT: Happens for planes too. It appears to be serious.

Edited by minepagan

17 hours ago, minepagan said:

Alas, it is not a proper 'crash', so I have no output log to provide....but picture!

The logs always generate, even during a proper run. If you're on windows then the output_log.txt file is in the KSP_Data folder. On Mac/Linux it's different, but you can find the location using this post. If you can grab the log it'd be handy, but I'll probably be able to reproduce this pretty easily.

I most likely messed something up. I didn't actually get a chance to test the dev version, just made a few (fairly small) changes. Planes and rockets are basically the same thing, so I'm not surprised it breaks on both. I'll try to get it fixed tonight since I've got a few other bugs to track down.

E: Didn't get a chance to fix this last night. I'll try to tonight but no promises. Work's been busier this week so far.

Edited by magico13

Launchpad upgrade from Tier 0 in career mode still won't work if I change the KCT-settings. Don't know which setting that bugs out but when I have "default"-settings everything works fine. 

- KCT version 1.3.1.0,
- KSP v. 1.0.5. (latest steam build updated 2016-01-20)

Edited by aguel
Formating

31 minutes ago, aguel said:

Launchpad upgrade from Tier 0 in career mode still won't work if I change the KCT-settings. Don't know which setting that bugs out but when I have "default"-settings everything works fine. 

- KCT version 1.3.1.0,
- KSP v. 1.0.5. (latest steam build updated 2016-01-20)

Can you upload the log file  (that post lists the locations)? Start up KSP, make the bug happen, then close KSP and upload the log to dropbox/Google drive/etc. With the log I can check to see if something is triggering an error and I can see the whole list of mods you have installed (assuming ModuleManager is installed as well). Without the log the best I can do is attempt to reproduce it, but if it's working for the default settings then there's a decent chance I'm not going to be able to get the bug to trigger.

Which settings are you changing? Can you upload the changed settings as well (they're stored in a file called KCT_Settings.cfg in the save folder). Could be as simple as a malformed formula. The log would likely indicate that as well.

43 minutes ago, ZAJC3W said:

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it's charging me twice for each ship, once when i send it to build queue second time when i launch it.

You should be charged once when you build it, then KSP will charge you a second time when you launch but KCT will immediately refund that charge. If that's not what you're seeing then could you turn on the Debug Messages setting in the KCT settings, then build and launch a ship, then upload the log file. There are debug messages whenever KCT adds/removes funds so I'd be able to check that it was working correctly. Optionally you can also upload some screenshots of the funds before building, after building but before launching, and then after launching. The log with the debug messages setting active is more important than screenshots though.

Has anyone setup a config file for all the instruments in DMagic Orbital Science, so they will reset when recovering an active vehicle?  I have just been recovering, then removing and re-adding the science item.  Would be nice to just have them reset on their own though. 

12 minutes ago, eberkain said:

Has anyone setup a config file for all the instruments in DMagic Orbital Science, so they will reset when recovering an active vehicle?  I have just been recovering, then removing and re-adding the science item.  Would be nice to just have them reset on their own though. 

If you send me a really simple craft file that's just probe core + science equipment prior to being used, and a second one that's after they're all used and recovered (recover it, "edit" it, and save that craft as well) I can probably come up with one really fast. My guess is that they're just not visually resetting (animations) since the science modules are probably the same as the stock ones.

If you want to do it yourself instead it's really easy to do. Here's a walkthrough: https://github.com/magico13/KCT/wiki/Tutorial:-Adding-New-Modules-to-be-Reset-on-Recovery-to-Storage

Edited by magico13

I'm having a problem with this mod when i want to build a vessel. When i go for launch and try to click build, It doesn't add my vessel to the build queue. I get no notification or anything (which supposed to happen in older versions of this mod if i remember correctly). It's a clean version of KSP 1.0.5 with no other mods.

Please help?

14 minutes ago, Enterprise0709 said:

I'm having a problem with this mod when i want to build a vessel. When i go for launch and try to click build, It doesn't add my vessel to the build queue. I get no notification or anything (which supposed to happen in older versions of this mod if i remember correctly). It's a clean version of KSP 1.0.5 with no other mods.

Please help?

There should be a message that pops up in the top-middle of the screen saying "[Vessel Name] added to build list!" but it can get hidden by other windows pretty easily.

Can you grab the log file (look part way down this post for "The Logs") and upload it to dropbox/google drive/etc? If you can turn on the Debug Messages setting in the KCT Settings first, then try to build a vessel, then upload the log, that would be the best setup.

13 hours ago, magico13 said:

There should be a message that pops up in the top-middle of the screen saying "[Vessel Name] added to build list!" but it can get hidden by other windows pretty easily.

Can you grab the log file (look part way down this post for "The Logs") and upload it to dropbox/google drive/etc? If you can turn on the Debug Messages setting in the KCT Settings first, then try to build a vessel, then upload the log, that would be the best setup.

Alright here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ao171snwxh6wlc/output_log.txt?dl=0

I am able to run simulations but I'm not able to build. It's a brand new career game.

Edited by Enterprise0709

4 hours ago, Enterprise0709 said:

Alright here you go:

Found the issue, you're running an outdated version of KCT and need to update. You've got 1.2.2, which is for KSP 1.0.4. KCT 1.2.3 was the first to support KSP 1.0.5, but you should really update to the latest version (1.3.1).

in the upgrades / R&D screen there are two values

research expressed in science / build point

development expressed as science / day

Are these both effecting the rate that you unlock tech nodes?  So unlocking a tech is faster when building something, and even faster when building multiple things.  

22 hours ago, magico13 said:

Found the issue, you're running an outdated version of KCT and need to update. You've got 1.2.2, which is for KSP 1.0.4. KCT 1.2.3 was the first to support KSP 1.0.5, but you should really update to the latest version (1.3.1).

AH there's the problem. I was still using the version i used for 1.0.4 (I start every update with a clean install, and often just copy the mods from previous versions to the new version)

Thanks! That fixed it! Much appreciated!

18 minutes ago, eberkain said:

in the upgrades / R&D screen there are two values

research expressed in science / build point

development expressed as science / day

Are these both effecting the rate that you unlock tech nodes?  So unlocking a tech is faster when building something, and even faster when building multiple things.  

Research gives you science for building vessels. Development is the only one that affects how quickly nodes unlock. If a node cost 100 science and Development is at 20 science per day, then it will take 5 days to unlock. You don't have to be building anything during that time.

This is a really great mod, I have a suggestion which I'm not even sure if is possible but here it is anyway! I use the FMRS mod to do SpaceX style landings of my first stage back near the pad and then recover that later which significantly reduces launch costs. I was thinking though, instant recovery kind of breaks the whole KCT style of doing things so would it be possible to prevent instant recovery and make it install take time similar to a roll back to VAB? That would be good, would also make sense if you land your kerbals on the other side of kerbin it's going to take longer before they are back for another launch, rather than (assuming you've already built a craft) launching the same kerbals that landed on the other side of kerbin 2 minutes ago :P

Anyway, thanks for the good work, as I said I really love this mod!

Anyone had problems with rovers exploding when recovering the vehicle to the SPH?  Built a rover to do science around KSC, and it explodes on recovery about half the time.  Any thoughts?

EDIT:  I've narrowed this down to using the external command seat, if I have a kerbal in one and try to recover active vessel, bad things happen.   Works if I jump out of the seat, recover the kerbal, then go back to the craft, and recover it separate.

Edited by eberkain

Hi magico13 I encountered an error in KCT saying KSP is no longer in a playable state and to post my log in this forum.  I believe the log it is looking for is the ksp.log file.  I tried using an old save file, and even that didn't work, i still got the same error.  Thanks for any help you can provide!

I tried to post my log file, but it is 3mb and i get a gateway 500 error when i try to make a post with the entire thing.  I tried using the 'insert other media' button, but i get an error saying my account can't access the upload page.

Do you have an email address, or some other way i can send you the file?

46 minutes ago, bojangles9999 said:

Hi magico13 I encountered an error in KCT saying KSP is no longer in a playable state and to post my log in this forum.  I believe the log it is looking for is the ksp.log file.  I tried using an old save file, and even that didn't work, i still got the same error.  Thanks for any help you can provide!

I tried to post my log file, but it is 3mb and i get a gateway 500 error when i try to make a post with the entire thing.  I tried using the 'insert other media' button, but i get an error saying my account can't access the upload page.

Do you have an email address, or some other way i can send you the file?

Your best bet is to upload it to somewhere like Dropbox or google drive and either share the link here or send it to me in a private message. If you'd rather use email let me know and I'll PM you my email address.

12 hours ago, magico13 said:

Your best bet is to upload it to somewhere like Dropbox or google drive and either share the link here or send it to me in a private message. If you'd rather use email let me know and I'll PM you my email address.

Hi magico13 , i've uploaded the file to my drop box here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x60h4r9ied7s8l/KSP.log?dl=0  let me know if you have any trouble downloading it.  thanks for the help!  let me know if i can do anything else to help fix the problem.

1 hour ago, bojangles9999 said:

Hi magico13 , i've uploaded the file to my drop box here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x60h4r9ied7s8l/KSP.log?dl=0  let me know if you have any trouble downloading it.  thanks for the help!  let me know if i can do anything else to help fix the problem.

It looks like there's an error associated with the config file for FAR. Try either reinstalling FAR (try doing it manually if you used CKAN to install it) or replacing that config file with a fresh copy. Here's the location of the file:

C:/Users/Joe/Desktop/KSP 1.04/GameData/FerramAerospaceResearch/Plugins/PluginData/FerramAerospaceResearch/config.xml