[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Ven disable that because recent part placement bug from texture replacer. It's in the changelog.

You can re-enable it by renaming "PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.txt" to "PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg".

Huh? I didn't even update Ven's mod, though, and my windows are still shiny.

Pretty sure Pulsar was responding to SSGFouts31.

Okay so how are you disabling the auto-fairing?

Most likely he's using TweakableEverything. It's one of my must-have mods because of all the options that become available when using it. I pretty much can't play without it... Here's the list from TweakableEverything's thread:

Featured Tweakables:
Decoupler Ejection Force Slider
Decoupler Staging Toggle
Docking Port Crossfeed
Docking Port Decouple Staging Toggle
Docking Port Ejection Force Slider
Docking Port "Magnet" Force Slider
Docking Port "Magnet" Torque Slider
Docking Port Re-engage Distance Slider
Docking Port Shield Toggle
Engine Fairing Toggle
EVA Thruster Pack
Generic Animation Toggle
Gimbal Range Slider
Gimbal Reverse Control Toggle
Parachute Deployment Time Factor Sliders
RCS Port Toggle
RCS Thrust Limiter
Reaction Wheel Toggle
Reaction Wheel Torque Sliders (Yaw, Pitch, Roll)
SAS Autopilot Upgrade Slider (Career mode only)
Solar Panel Deployment Toggle
Solar Panel Sun Tracking Toggle

Bonus Features:
Docking port "Control from here" now available for use in action groups.
Gimbal "reverse control" available for use in action groups.
RCS Enable/Disable available for use in action groups.

Maybe now you can see why I can't play without it :D!

Good news everybody! My hotrockets patch is here! :)

Sorry for the delay, I had an exam and I decided to steer away from internet and configs for some days.

Just drop the folder in gamedata and overwrite the file when prompted. Beware, backup your hotrocket folder if you have a custom config and you want to keep it.

Also I'll plop a changelog so I look more professional:

v0.1 "first relase"
Currently done engines:
-Rockomax "mainsail"
-Rockomax "skipper"
-Rockomax "poodle service engine"
-LVT-30
-LVT-45
-LV-909
-LV-N

Current issues/to do list:
-turbine exhasusts looks weird at high altitudes
-some engines may have a wrong pitch to the sound effects (skipper)
-skipper may need further toning down

bHew5DE.png

AJQGf37.png

39xXTRz.png

Edited by Sage
I can't type

The FX on the standard skipper starts too high.

Oops, I'm dumb, I always use the buttless one and I didn't consider that the root of the standard one is higher. I'll fix it soon, it's just an easy offset and maybe even the two different LV-909 needs it

Oops, I'm dumb, I always use the buttless one and I didn't consider that the root of the standard one is higher. I'll fix it soon, it's just an easy offset and maybe even the two different LV-909 needs it

Thanks. Only other complaint is that I messed up a launch due to spending too much time gawping at the new FX :P

(EDIT: I only ever use the buttless one too - had a contract to test the standard one though, so I swapped it on that launch - wouldn't have noticed otherwise)

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Thanks for the FX! Can't wait to use it when the small issues are ironed out. Seriously man, that's some nice work. Keep it up!

Is it just me, or is the advanced canard not getting a new texture? AFAICT, it's still the stock one:

pbgF5MV.jpg

vs the stock

Advanced_Canard_on_Plane.png

If this is it's new texture.. can it be changed? You can see how much it stands out against the Mk2 lighter grey colour scheme, it looks like the texture isn't even loading (admittedly, this could be the problem)..

Also, excellent work on the HotRockets, Sage! I'm in awe! :D

Ven hasn't finished doing all of the parts yet! That is just the stock canard.

The following disagree with you:

-Aero: Remade all of the old aerodynamic parts, from the Delta Deluxe Winglet to the NCS Adapter, they're all done.

@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/advancedCanard/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/advancedCanard/model:
}

@PART[AdvancedCanard] {
!mesh = DELETE
!MODEL {}
MODEL {
model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/advancedCanard/model
}
}

I'm getting a very strange issue that I think is related to this mod:

If I have a vessel that's more or less just a capsule, such as the reentry pod of a ship, as soon as it lands, it starts vibrating. It seems to be constantly changing "situation" from FLYING to LANDING based on Final Frontier's console output every frame. The only way I can recover the ship is by spamming the recover button until I can catch in a frame when it was actually considered "landed".

There is no other useful console output/log, and the problem is hard to explain. It happens with the Mk1 Cockpit and the Command Pod Mk1 from this pack. The problem doesn't happen with capsules from other mods, such as Tantares.

If I land a vessel that has more "stuff" on it, like landing with the engine, or with the landing legs, the problem doesn't happen. It seems like the game has trouble registering the capsule's surface being in contact with the ground.

Note: I have FAR + DRE.

I'm getting a very strange issue that I think is related to this mod:

If I have a vessel that's more or less just a capsule, such as the reentry pod of a ship, as soon as it lands, it starts vibrating. It seems to be constantly changing "situation" from FLYING to LANDING based on Final Frontier's console output every frame. The only way I can recover the ship is by spamming the recover button until I can catch in a frame when it was actually considered "landed".

There is no other useful console output/log, and the problem is hard to explain. It happens with the Mk1 Cockpit and the Command Pod Mk1 from this pack. The problem doesn't happen with capsules from other mods, such as Tantares.

If I land a vessel that has more "stuff" on it, like landing with the engine, or with the landing legs, the problem doesn't happen. It seems like the game has trouble registering the capsule's surface being in contact with the ground.

Note: I have FAR + DRE.

The small auto-fairings on the bottoms of the MK1 and 1-2 pod are causing issues with far at the moment. I have no clue what's causing it so I'm just going to make them seperate decouplers and modify the pods a bit. Should be done shortly.

I had issues with those fairings too. But the atmospheric reentry problem was solved by jettisoning the fairing prior to reentry. So I don't know if my issue is related to those fairings still. But at the same time, that's the only thing that seems different between your pods and others.

Either way, having the fairing be a separate decoupler would be many kinds of awesome. :)

That way we don't need another yellow decoupler below the capsule again.

Also, another issue I've noticed:

The Comms DTS-M1 (Squad\Parts\Utility\commsDish16) has issues in the VAB during construction. After you place it, you can no longer grab it to move/delete it. It always wants to "click through it", if that makes any sense.

The Comms DTS-M1 (Squad\Parts\Utility\commsDish16) has issues in the VAB during construction. After you place it, you can no longer grab it to move/delete it. It always wants to "click through it", if that makes any sense.

Interesting, as Ven hasn't touched the DTS antenna and commsDish16 is the longAntenna.

Ven, could you add a note to the OP that using the pruner *will* break mods like SXT that depend on Squad textures? I just had someone who took your wording in the OP to mean that with the new version of this mod, they could use SXT just fine pruner or not.

The following disagree with you:

@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/advancedCanard/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/advancedCanard/model:
}

@PART[AdvancedCanard] {
!mesh = DELETE
!MODEL {}
MODEL {
model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Aero/advancedCanard/model
}
}

I just assumed that was stock... It doesn't exactly look up to the standard of Ven's other parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.