Is it possible? Plaque on a probe core?

tg626

No, timmon26 made that, and there was some talk of a plaque, but that was ages ago and there was no final product of one. So I made this thread to see if one was made that was either directly or indirectly connected to this.

Very cool plaque but there's only one problem... no female Kerbals! :D

JR

This is a fine comment by itself, but as a reminder for the rest, let's not derail the thread into this topic.

Also, I might move to add-on request, since it will probably take an add-on to do this (without using flags).

By the way, you could always set a "mission flag" for the one mission that uses this plaque. You do so by clicking on the flag at the top of the VAB/SPH bar next to where you name the craft. It doesn't override your "career flag."

Cheers,

~Claw

Number one:

...I'm not interested in doing it as a mission flag...

Aside from that, which probe core has a flag on it?? Unless I'm mistaken that would be none of them, so it still doesn't work. :/

I know that long ago (back in .18 maybe?) there was an mod which allowed you to place a surface part that was basically a rectangle with the mission flag on it. It had both flat and curved "flags", but again it used the mission flag.

Then there was a thread about the pioneer plaque where a couple ideas were submitted but only as jpgs (the image I linked was the one of the three I liked best) - and there was some indication that the participants in the thread might create such a plaque, but the thread just died with no announcement or link.

There was also an "Astronaut memorial plaque" thread too, but it was also for a much older version of KSP.

Number one:

Aside from that, which probe core has a flag on it?? Unless I'm mistaken that would be none of them, so it still doesn't work. :/

I know that long ago (back in .18 maybe?) there was an mod which allowed you to place a surface part that was basically a rectangle with the mission flag on it. It had both flat and curved "flags", but again it used the mission flag.

Then there was a thread about the pioneer plaque where a couple ideas were submitted but only as jpgs (the image I linked was the one of the three I liked best) - and there was some indication that the participants in the thread might create such a plaque, but the thread just died with no announcement or link.

There was also an "Astronaut memorial plaque" thread too, but it was also for a much older version of KSP.

This is the Mod you're looking for that adds a Mission Flag type thing. However, while I understand you don't want to use it as a mission flag, that might be your only option without resorting to creating a new part. The mission flag trick mentioned by Claw is probably the best way to go about it.

Hum, to the OP:

What do you know about the game that we don't, since you know the distances from the ingame Sun to the nearest stars? :D More, are you planning to send a emply mk2 capsule to a Jool slingshot ( if you are, the point about probes not having flags is moot ) ... or it is a old mk1 from the times you could cram 3 1 m kerbals inside a 1 m diameter can ? And OFC, where are Dres and Eeloo ? ;)

P.S The scales are right? You know that the original plaque from where this one took inspiration was actually a distance and width display based in a particular wavelenght emitted by hidrogen when excited ( hence the two circles in top, they represent hidrogen atoms ) ...

Edited by r_rolo1

I don't think there's a way to do this in stock without using mission flags. Since you would prefer not to use them, I've moved this to add-on requests. Perhaps someone here can point you toward a plugin that does what you're looking for.

Cheers,

~Claw

grab the JSI selectable flag from my transparent pods mod. lets you put as many different flags as you want. all you need to do is put the plaque into KSP/GameData somewhere; make sure it's lower case *.png

it's best on flat surfaces. if you have tweak scale you can make it small enough to look ok on a sphere or curved surface

Vc2aSwk.jpg

Edited by nli2work

Hum, to the OP:

What do you know about the game that we don't, since you know the distances from the ingame Sun to the nearest stars? :D More, are you planning to send a emply mk2 capsule to a Jool slingshot ( if you are, the point about probes not having flags is moot ) ... or it is a old mk1 from the times you could cram 3 1 m kerbals inside a 1 m diameter can ? And OFC, where are Dres and Eeloo ? ;)

P.S The scales are right? You know that the original plaque from where this one took inspiration was actually a distance and width display based in a particular wavelenght emitted by hidrogen when excited ( hence the two circles in top, they represent hidrogen atoms ) ...

Oyi, read dude...

...timmon26 made that...

Ask him about the size. I just liked the Kerbals on that one the best.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.