[0.16 ish] The Truss Pack - Rugged parts for any eventuality! *2.0 NEARING RELEASE!*

Sherbetlemons

Decouplers are going to be the next addition, probably going to do a 2m one, and 1 or 2 1m versions, and maybe a radial or two. It shouldn\'t be too hard to do a little 0.5m tank. As for the truss, I could do a few versions (the 2 links, maybe the adaptors?) without the central \'trunk\'. I\'m also planning on adding a link the same diameter as the pod and 1m fuel tank. After that, engines, and maybe some landing legs and other moving parts, and then I\'ll start doing some nicer textures.

- Thanks for the suggestions and screens

- Sherbetlemons

I was planning on adding a 2m to 4x 1m, a 2m to 2x 2m, and a 2m to 4x 2m, but they aren\'t a priority atm :/

Today I got distracted and tried to a (landingleg) cargo clamp thingy, but animations are playing havoc with my mind. Perhaps I\'ll do one with that fancy multi joint plugin that\'s the talk of the forums...

I\'m going to work on decouplers and engines next (2m fission torch anyone?), then perhaps some radial bits, including in-atmosphere shroud panels that just stick to the side of the drag prone truss sections, and also function as radial decouplers. I\'ll do a truss link the same diameter as the pod, but longer, and perhaps do few pod variants (a more lander freindly version, and a 1.5/1.75/2m one). Then I\'ll have a stab at a launch vehicle, which can be used with the pack or on it\'s own as a heavy lift vehicle, and will probably feature a heavier version of the fission engine, and 2-4x1 adaptors of it\'s own (possible with 1m engines to match, possibly not). Then I\'ll do those adaptors ;)

And then, I\'ll do smoothing and textures. Oh, and I don\'t think I\'ll smooth the girders, just tanks, engines and such. I sorta like the cleaner edges =P

I\'m very indecisive, so this probably won\'t be quite the order.

The idea is that these parts will be about 10% more efficient than stock, not haxxor territory, but a little further up the tech ladder perhaps.

Maybe you\'ve mentioned it already but I haven\'t seen it: radial truss adapters? That way we could have trusses going out sideways to living quarters and rotate the ship to provide some artificial gravity. It would be cool.

Also a large spherical command pod like in 2001, I agree that would rule.

I created a Drydock type thing using this and the Interplanetary Infrastructure pack, but sadly I can\'t even get it onto the pad to edit it into orbit.

Probably the way it was designed, but oh well.

Keep up the good work!

Also, a request: The Command pod as a fuel tank or simple pod.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Crap, and I wanted to download it today... (internet bandwith has been refreshed, I don\'t have to worry about being on dial up for the next few days).

Your parts allowed me to make my first interstellar flight today (reached Kerbol escape velocity). Now Im using them to try to reach 1% C. Hope the space kraken isn\'t hungry.

Well, that isnt really hard to do...even with stock.

This really is an excellent pack, great work! However, if I may offer some constructive criticism:

-Parts are not fuel crossfeed enabled (no reason I can see for them not to be? in my game I modified the module .cfg s to enable fuel crossfeed on all of them).

-both the 1m and 2m fuel tanks have a fuel/weight ration of 250 fuel: 1 weight, the stock parts have a ratio of 200:1, because the 2m module is so large, I think it can stay the same, but I think the fuel/weight ratio on the 1m modules should be either 200:1 or 225:1 for balance reasons.

Keep up the great work!

Stormer97, I think I\'ll go with 225:1 with the smaller one, thanks for the suggestion

and I\'ve been using Novapunch or K & W myself, but I\'m working on my own engines.

Oh I meant what type of engines. . .

Small thrust with small consumption or big thrust with big consumption?

Aha, I see. Up to you, I suppose, but lower consumption and thrust seems sensible...

Anyway, completely contrary to that, an engine. I got bored, and threw this together this afternoon. It\'s big, it\'s ugly, and it has frankly unnecessary redundancy when it comes to reactor chambers. Oh yeah, it\'s meant to be nuclear ;)

MrMKz.png

Will sort out texture bugs and balance at some point. Release...? well, I\'m working on a few things (radial decouplers, launch vehicle...) but have done some linear decouplers for this engine (a \'truss\' one, and a shroud/adaptor one that goes to 3m, the size of the planned launcher). So a release should be ready in the near future. And don\'t worry, all textures are just placeholders.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.