R-Candy rocket fuel

GipsyDanger

Where do you get potassium nitrate (without being shadowed by well-dressed guys on the way home)?

Fertilizer, I think.

This is an announcement from your neighborhood spoil-sport: Please, please, please don't make R-candy. It's quite dangerous to make, even more dangerous to use, and absolutely pointless. It has a terrible Isp, even worse than the normal black-powder rocket engines that aren't even that expensive. It often develops asymmetric thrust or explodes during flight. Oh, and it's illegal. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that you should be making this stuff. Please stop. I'm sorry, but I don't want a fellow KSP-er losing fingers (which has happened) or setting his house on fire (which has also happened) just for the sake of making some pretty ineffective rocket fuel.

Why are you doing this?!

• 2 weeks later...
Fertilizer, I think.

This is an announcement from your neighborhood spoil-sport: Please, please, please don't make R-candy. It's quite dangerous to make, even more dangerous to use, and absolutely pointless. It has a terrible Isp, even worse than the normal black-powder rocket engines that aren't even that expensive. It often develops asymmetric thrust or explodes during flight. Oh, and it's illegal. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that you should be making this stuff. Please stop. I'm sorry, but I don't want a fellow KSP-er losing fingers (which has happened) or setting his house on fire (which has also happened) just for the sake of making some pretty ineffective rocket fuel.

Why are you doing this?!

I know all problem and danger, I'm very careful :wink:

I've make new tests :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiE1TDCXqkA&list=UUNmiwm87xEVW4V_yKSV02bA

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.