micro stutter/freezing

I'm running Kerbal with a gtx 780 ti, i5-4670k and installed onto an SSD. I am running with a moderate level of mods including the latest KW and KSO (with ATM, I'm at about 1,900mb). I am running at half texture resolution. I am getting this constant freeze in my frame rate. Sound is not interrupted only visual. This is also occurring in the VAB when I am assembling very large 3.75m or 5.0m boosters. Neither my cpu or gpu is being run at load so there is no hardware issue. I am wondering if others are experiencing this same issue and how they deal with it or if there is a secret key I am missing. I have a haunting suspicion it is KW or KSO, however, when I remove them the problem still occurs, perhaps I am just a conspiracy nut.

I think this is weird because I can run games like metro on max without batting an eye.

im having this problem as well, and it is keeping a craft i'm working from working correctly

This is a very old and well-known problem with Unity. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/41900-Audio-skips-KSP-otherwise-jittery - read the last few pages.

that link says I don't have permission to view that page, what does it say?

Edited by Parallax

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Same here, cannot open the jittery-link.

I am aware that I am necroing this post, for which I apologize in advance, but the audio problem still exists.

Guessing if I am not the only one finding this link when searching for this problem, others may as well.

What's happening for me is that when I play KSP (0.90beta on Steam), my Windows Media Player sounds like a radio from the '30s :)

Is there a known solution, or a link pointing to it (aside from the earlier mentioned link which isn't accessible due to insufficient permission)?

Much appreciated!

EDIT:

This link on Reddit shows that this issue has been experienced by many users over the last year at least.

Devs or other users in here - has the mentioned jittery-post gone lost in the big forum crash?

Will this be fixed any time soon and/or is there a workaround until then?

Thanks!

Edited by Indobeast
Update about the Reddit-link

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.