Component Space Shuttle V 5.0.1 (July 14, 2013)

Cepheus

That be Blender3D

Hmm, I think in 0.15 you could leave all of that assembled except for the small OMS engines themselves, which you\'d mount like the SSMEs. You should be able to make that rear fuselage piece RCS thrusters, liquid OMS fuel, and RCS fuel., leaving everrything forward for cargo and avionics/docking.

That be Blender3D

Hmm, I think in 0.15 you could leave all of that assembled except for the small OMS engines themselves, which you\'d mount like the SSMEs. You should be able to make that rear fuselage piece RCS thrusters, liquid OMS fuel, and RCS fuel., leaving everrything forward for cargo and avionics/docking.

That\'s the plan. I never thought about sticking the OMS pods back on the engine mount block, but now that you mention it, that\'s a great idea. I forget how capable the new module system is.

Also, Ben, well done on the engine (late congratulations/compliment). The pipes are brilliant too! 8)

Has anyone though about de constructing the external tank and using the fuel main feed lines as the fuel lines for the ssme\'s yet? I mean for them the external tank is fully operational? I know it\'s pretty low on the priorities. So far I think all of you have done a fantastic job. I did change a few peramiters on the current release so enable better gliding and must say its even better than silkos vanguard but without the weightless feeling.

I know all you guys are working really hard but my question is...what\'s next? C7 dropped the bomb of air breaks...breakable rudder with incorporated drag chute? I.ve been using the hope drag chutes and attaching them one to each of the OMS pods for the min. Bay doors, landing gear and thats is. I just really wish I could help on this project but have no modding skill what so ever. I would love to modify the nose done to the SRB\'S with jordancox\'s permission to incorporate a very low thrust 5second horizontal ejection rocket that below 15k doubles as the SAS and return chute.

Please don\'t think I\'m laying some kind of list down for you guys bad because I\'m not but Personaly if all of the above were to be implement along with docking & capability cargo swap out (maybe later in kerbals development) I would gladly pay for this mod.

That be Blender3D

Hmm, I think in 0.15 you could leave all of that assembled except for the small OMS engines themselves, which you\'d mount like the SSMEs. You should be able to make that rear fuselage piece RCS thrusters, liquid OMS fuel, and RCS fuel., leaving everything forward for cargo and avionics/docking.

I think you may be able to do the OMS engines too. It\'s just you need to make sure they line up with the model centre, or are set correctly in the config for angles and direction they face.

PS, Epsigma, your model was a closer match on the first draft. Most of mine was setting up the polys to mold into the final shape. Do you do texturing? :P

I think you may be able to do the OMS engines too. It\'s just you need to make sure they line up with the model centre, or are set correctly in the config for angles and direction they face.

PS, Epsigma, your model was a closer match on the first draft. Most of mine was setting up the polys to mold into the final shape. Do you do texturing? :P

I do texture, although it isn\'t particularly spectacular. UV mapping has always been the biggest Blender challenge for me. I suppose I can put together okay looking texture images, it\'s just the UV maps that always throw me.

What about landing gears? Are you guys going to use the ones implemented in .15?

Yup, that\'s planned. The model already has textured in doors, so placement will be easy. Also, the new knife tool in Blender 2.63 should help a lot.

UV maps take some time. 'project from view' has saved my space bacon on a few occasions. Might adjust the current mapping, just because the engine seems to dislike seams a bit, so I could lessen the amount a bit.

I usually use project from view to the insides of the rocket engines (and also, the outside). I find I can easily get the burned texture on the inside of the nozzle with that.

Smart unwrap is actually a really useful one, mainly because it does a good job with proportions when I use it. The trick is, you have to adjust a lot of settings and seams to get it, but once you do, the result can be really nice.

That and 'cylindrical:from object axis' turns any cylinder/cone into a nice uv map like a tin can lable. As long as the axis is not back to front.

Woah really? Could you post a picture please; I can\'t quite seem to figure it out. I would love to see this. I have had issues with cones since day 1.

Woah really? Could you post a picture please; I can\'t quite seem to figure it out. I would love to see this. I have had issues with cones since day 1.

It\'s on my blender tutorial. Gives you a quick example of skinning a cylinder. :)

I must say, I think the best way to handle the inclusion of the new OMS system would be with the MuMechVariableEngine, MuMechVariableRCS, and MuMechVariableTank. This way, I don\'t have to worry about wierd fuel transfer, and I can also disable the engines.

I\'ve already tested the idea with the SSMEs, and it works exactly the way I want it to.

i think the main reason fir it not working is down the the rear part of the shuttle and the lack of mcjeb. Really ruined it for me to be honest. i may miss out 15 and run 14.4 for a little longer untill a fix can be made up

Good news, with the updated mechjeb (and some tinkering of my own) the shuttle is now operational again, though it no longer has cargo doors. Actually, no. It\'s not just operational, it flies like a dream.

Here\'s something to tide you over.

7224959732_6f8735acb7_c.jpg

7224959498_0832e618ed_c.jpg

I\'m considering including some placeholder landing gear in the next release.

Chariots,

Cepheus.

cepheus are you planning on an update? I\'ve noticed the rudder pivots incorrectly in 15. The roll and pitch rate is way over powered now, even with precition mode on. Do you mind if i try hacking together a rudder/drag chute? would love to have a greater understanding of the new code. Teaching myself blender at the min to see if i can model an air brake.

Just wondering, usually boosters when detached tend to come toward the spacecraft. I wonder if you could make it somehow that it works like this:

?