Kerbal gestures / emoting commands

I've combed through the Already Suggested List and couldn´t find anything about this idea:

Suggestion: Kerbals should have gestures / emoting commands similar to "World of Warcraft" or "Team Fortress 2" taunts, scripted reactions triggered by text / keys commands.

Why: Awesome screenshots of successful missions is the first thing that comes to mind. Imagine having your Kerbal giving a thumbs up to the camera after your first Mun landing, or striking a pose with an aircraft / rocket design you are proud of. On a related note, imagine what youtubers could do with a tool like this, it would be a huge storytelling tool.

In my short stint as a KSP Youtuber I've always found myself thinking about how cool would it be if Kerbals could emote, even a small set of movements and gestures could open a whole new level for creative people to squeeze stories, comedy and drama.

Kerbals are what make this game different, without them this game would be another space flight simulator. Make them awesomer.

Edited by Wooks

I think that there's no reason the animation we were seeing for surface samples shouldn't be stock. I also would like to see more gestures.

How about, quit working on KSP release animations and get those developers (danRosas, Rogelio, not sure who else) to work on in-game animations and Kerbal gestures! We could even have an awesome cut-scene when loading rockets onto the launchpad!

However, I think that instead of allowing you to choose for these gestures to play, they should just happen automatically, and according to the happiness of Kerbals. It would make them seem way more alive and fun. If they've landed on a new planet or moon, there will be a high chance that some sort of happy animation will play. If they are standing still and neutral, there would different chances for various animations to play (like turning their heads, licking their lips, etc).

Edited by Andrew Hansen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.