[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

Unfortunately it seems this is still failing to work for me. I'm including a link to my output log so nlight can review in case it is something to do with the loading. Basically, it will load in scene, I can see the Mouse/Keyboard selection, but it does not display the joystick within the dialog. I have attempted to plug it in while it is running, unplug/replug, nothing registers it in the AFBW mod.

To sum it up, I'm using a Cyborg X from Saitek. I do have the drivers installed (but not the optional config software), running on Windows 8.1 64 bit. KSP is the 32 bit version, I can list mods installed on it if necessary. I'm hoping this is able to be fixed, but if not, I can still use it for KSP through the default drivers. It just.... has an unpleasant delay there.

Looks like a promising mod,

I have an issue. Calibration works, my F.L.Y.5 joystick inputs show flawless in the raw data sliders in controller configuration.

but now the fly by wire tries to be smarter and reduces the control input per speed. very kind but it makes my agile jet aircraft fly like bombers (and you are co-responsible for killing Jeb by the way) ;)

what settings are required to achieve this direct control (or alpha law in Fly-by-wire terms).

Thanks!

R

edit: I have FAR installed, but the FAR flight assistance options turned OFF and SAS disabled in KSP .90 32bit

Edited by Ricovandijk

I tried this the other day, and really love the idea, but unfortunately mechjeb was unable to control my craft, so I had to remove for now.

Any ideas?

Ignore - I tried it tonight and it works like a charm

- - - Updated - - -

Can I just ask, how come in Windows 8.1 my joystick doesn't get recognised when ksp detects it?

If AFBW does not detect your stick, but windows / KSP does, hopefully this should let you work around the issue until AFBW can be fixed:

Install my app UJR (Along with the vJoy driver) to add a virtual stick to your machine.

Use UJR to perform a 1:1 straight through mapping (eg map axis 1 to axis 1, button 1 to button 1 etc).

AFBW should be able to see the vjoy stick move, so when you move the physical stick, UJR will move the virtual stick correspondingly, and AFBW should see the virtual stick move and bind to it.

To the author: If having Win8 problems, you may want to post on the vJoy forum. I know Shaul had to wrestle some win8 joystick demons when writing vJoy - he may be able to give you some pointers.

Edited by evilC

OK, so been using AFBW for a day or two now with my XBox pad and really liking it!

Some requests:

Wheel throttle + / - buttons and individual axes.

+ / - so you can use d-pad to set "cruise control".

individual axes so you can use l/r trigger for accelerate / brake

Hi, made an account just to comment on this mod. I've spent a lot of time figuring it out and I think it's a really powerful system - I'm using an Xbox 360 Controller so lots of possibilities with the multiple presets...I even managed to get Kerbals walking around with the controller which is really cool and impossible to do stock.

I like others here have had slowdown issues but I uninstalled completely and installed again through CKAN and it's been fine since. I have a couple of things to raise though:

- The only things I do not have assigned through AFBW are the roll controls. I have them on Bumpers LB/RB and didn't like the way they responded using AFBW. They sort of respond slowly and looking at the guages, when I press RB for example, the marker begins to move slowly then picks up speed before hitting max, whereas other axis behaviours just go smoothly with consistent speed all the way to max if you see what I mean? Assigning bumpers through the stock options fixed this. Am I missing something in the AFBW options to change this behaviour?

- Secondly I sorted all my presets on one save, exited and re-entered the game multiple times on the same save absolutely fine, but once going over to another save, all my presets had gone. Luckily I screenshotted the lot before exiting. Should the presets be persistent across saves? Surely they don't need to be done for each save?

Other than these niggles (especially the second one) I would love to see this mod continue, add more buttons for things like the LIN/ROT switch in docking mode, the vessel switch, and iron out remaining bugs, keep it up man.

Hi,

thank you for making this mod, without this I wouldn't be able to play it with my new joystick, but:

...all my presets had gone...

I have a similar issue here, the config preset (advanced_flybywire_config_v21.xml) is overwritten with default file. I tried a bit and it seems to happen when:

- Starting a new game (even with the same save) and opening the config panel, or

- When reverting a flight and open the config panel after then.

No issues when using the config panel in the same 'session'.

My setup is kinda complicated, I'm using a Saitek X55 HOTAS through VJoy and UJR (Universal Joystick Remapper) because usage of the X55 drivers is very laggy and KSP becomes unplayable (It seems there is no solution available, only the Workaround with vJoy and UJR). When the preset is there, everything works fine.

I'm really in need of using AFBW, when the controls are defined in der KSP Menu, it chooses randomly what device to use (X55 or Vjoy).

I noticed further, that some devices disappear in the config panel and appear again a few moments later, is this a problem?

My Specs:

KSP 0.9 x86

Windows 8.1 64bit

AFBW 1.4.5.0

A couple of Mods:

ALCOR

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Engineer

Kethane

Module Manager

Planet Shine

RasterProp Monitor

SCNSat

Telemachus

Texture Replacer

VVRPM

I'm having a serious problem with this mod... the stock input system sometimes works with my T.flight hotas-X and my CH Pro Pedals.. sometimes only one of them, sometimes none of them. only rarely will it work with both - it seems that if the CH control manager is on, the pedals work, but I must turn the CH stuff completely off for it to see the T.flight. Of course windows sees everything as working correctly. So. then I saw this mod and thought ok, this should solve my problems. So I immediately went into the default input controls and unassigned all the axes. I install this mod - yes, Win32. I open it up, it sees all my controllers (I also have a CH yoke, CH throttle quadrant, Logitech G25 and Fanatec USB pedals attached). So i click the t.flight and the pedals that I want to use, and then click configure.. and i get a spinny cursor. have to kill KSP from task manager. Repeatable every time. just locks up. As soon as I open the mod's config, it drops the framerate to about 1 - if I touch nothing and just close the window, it puts the framerate back to normal. What's going on here? any ideas? I see nothing in the KSP log about it except that the module is loading successfully.

- - - Updated - - -

also perhaps of note I'm using -force-opengl, and yes I did install it through CKAN.

I'm having a serious problem with this mod... the stock input system sometimes works with my T.flight hotas-X and my CH Pro Pedals.. sometimes only one of them, sometimes none of them. only rarely will it work with both - it seems that if the CH control manager is on, the pedals work, but I must turn the CH stuff completely off for it to see the T.flight. Of course windows sees everything as working correctly. So. then I saw this mod and thought ok, this should solve my problems. So I immediately went into the default input controls and unassigned all the axes. I install this mod - yes, Win32. I open it up, it sees all my controllers (I also have a CH yoke, CH throttle quadrant, Logitech G25 and Fanatec USB pedals attached). So i click the t.flight and the pedals that I want to use, and then click configure.. and i get a spinny cursor. have to kill KSP from task manager. Repeatable every time. just locks up. As soon as I open the mod's config, it drops the framerate to about 1 - if I touch nothing and just close the window, it puts the framerate back to normal. What's going on here? any ideas? I see nothing in the KSP log about it except that the module is loading successfully.

- - - Updated - - -

also perhaps of note I'm using -force-opengl, and yes I did install it through CKAN.

"Configure" is not for setting up controls. Use "Presets". It may not stop configure from crashing, but I don't need the config screen, so it may allow you to work around.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried that UJR application with vjoy and it only recognised the roll axis, none of the others.

Try being more specific.

ie ambiguous use of "it".

Heloo

I also have this issue: SAS seems to correct the joysticks movements. This make's it impossible to use.

Also one very important request: Can you ad trim axis. now you have Trim+ and trim-. I need trim absolute, just like pitch, but less powerful (10-20% of normal pitch). I need it to use with my Saitek X45 witch has rotary switch exactly for this purpose. It is a little wheel witch can go in + or -, and stays there; doesn't jump back.

thanks

I tried that UJR application with vjoy and it only recognised the roll axis, none of the others.

In UJR you have to guess the ID of the controller and the axes, also be sure to enable all your existing physical axes when you create the vjoy device. There are a couple of tutorials on YT about this also.

SAS glitch is still restricting my control inputs, flight is impossible. Also, each time I close the game, my presets are reset, and I have to spend 10 minutes remapping them again. I know I shouldn't flame, and bugs are always going to be present, but this is on-going, and it's getting to the point where it's really annoying me and I can't actually use the mod :(

SAS glitch is still restricting my control inputs, flight is impossible. Also, each time I close the game, my presets are reset, and I have to spend 10 minutes remapping them again. I know I shouldn't flame, and bugs are always going to be present, but this is on-going, and it's getting to the point where it's really annoying me and I can't actually use the mod :(

Sorry to hear your many problems with the addon. Both me and nlight has been a bit preoccupied lately, so sadly we didn't get all the bugs introduced by 0.90 fixed very quickly.

I have just sent nlight a suggested fix for your issue that fixes SAS controls not being overridden on user input. Hopefully he will do a release if he finds the fix satisfactory and once he has time to test it.

As for your other issue with presets being deleted every time you start the game, it would help us immensely if you went to https://github.com/AlexanderDzhoganov/ksp-advanced-flybywire/issues and described the issue in detail.

Edited by ddaf

Hi,

Just wanted to chime in that I'm experiencing the same issue as this bug report https://github.com/AlexanderDzhoganov/ksp-advanced-flybywire/issues/31 where the hat button #0 status is inverted (Always true unless another hat button is triggered, reports false when hat button #0 is triggered). I would like to note that I tested with the SDL-jstest and confirmed that it's reading the hat state correctly.

I'm using the Logitech Extreme Pro 3d joystick.

Regards,

DKnight54

Hi,

Just wanted to chime in that I'm experiencing the same issue as this bug report https://github.com/AlexanderDzhoganov/ksp-advanced-flybywire/issues/31 where the hat button #0 status is inverted (Always true unless another hat button is triggered, reports false when hat button #0 is triggered). I would like to note that I tested with the SDL-jstest and confirmed that it's reading the hat state correctly.

I'm using the Logitech Extreme Pro 3d joystick.

Regards,

DKnight54

Exactly same issue for me.