(WIP) (Big Images!) Genoyian Star System!

uxuser

_Augustus_, I feel I must point out that as one of this mods primary contributors, I find your statement mildly offensive. To me, your attitude implies incompetence, or ignorance to change, towards the modding group that I am a member of. I would like to address some of the things you and others have said: For one Kopernicus isn't even fully completed, unless you happen to enjoy planet factories (slightly buggy) method of instantiation. I would prefer to wait until they finish the config based "planet from scratch" method they had planned before porting these planets to it. And as for the grammatical problems: Not only are they from an ancient version, but you are forgetting to factor in Earth's vast amount of different people, each with their own different language skills. Now I might have overreacted or misinterpreted your statement, if so: I humbly apologise, I just feel obliged to defend my "co-workers" and myself.

For those complaining about the "interesting" grammar, see above. However, I agree with you and have already corrected the grammatical/capitalisation errors. Long ago, in fact. Although I have not been receiving updates for this mod project in a while, so I don't know exactly what has happened. The "team" is very loosely organised, I have not received any information about my "role" in all this, and I have been modding the source engine lately...

parameciumkid: Realism-wise, its an easy fix; I would simply increase the radius of the star (This *may* require some code hack on my part), and its distance from "The centre of the universe". However, I am unsure of the effects on the floating point system said changes might have. KrakensBane can only do so much to help before bad things start happening...

To answer Yaivenovs question: No, however attempting to add that functionality may cause timewarp related problems, its bad enough trying to scale the particle emitter at high time warp...

_Augustus_, I feel I must point out that as one of this mods primary contributors, I find your statement mildly offensive. To me, your attitude implies incompetence, or ignorance to change, towards the modding group that I am a member of. I would like to address some of the things you and others have said: For one Kopernicus isn't even fully completed, unless you happen to enjoy planet factories (slightly buggy) method of instantiation. I would prefer to wait until they finish the config based "planet from scratch" method they had planned before porting these planets to it. And as for the grammatical problems: Not only are they from an ancient version, but you are forgetting to factor in Earth's vast amount of different people, each with their own different language skills. Now I might have overreacted or misinterpreted your statement, if so: I humbly apologise, I just feel obliged to defend my "co-workers" and myself.

For those complaining about the "interesting" grammar, see above. However, I agree with you and have already corrected the grammatical/capitalisation errors. Long ago, in fact. Although I have not been receiving updates for this mod project in a while, so I don't know exactly what has happened. The "team" is very loosely organised, I have not received any information about my "role" in all this, and I have been modding the source engine lately...

parameciumkid: Realism-wise, its an easy fix; I would simply increase the radius of the star (This *may* require some code hack on my part), and its distance from "The centre of the universe". However, I am unsure of the effects on the floating point system said changes might have. KrakensBane can only do so much to help before bad things start happening...

To answer Yaivenovs question: No, however attempting to add that functionality may cause timewarp related problems, its bad enough trying to scale the particle emitter at high time warp...

Okay. Krag has returned, so PF will be updated.

I highly recommend using starsystems for the star though.

And sorry if I seemed rude.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.