Biza: a 5 kerbals lightweight command pod

Justin Kerbice

Hi everyone,

This is the Bizarre Command Pod (it was Probe initially), or shorter: BizCoPo, aka Biza, a very light command pod, a lot light than heavy cuppola or other pod. At the cost of no "bonus" features like mono-propellant tank(s) or embedded SAS module (so don't forget to add some if needed).

Its particular shape would allow to build some new kind of space station or base.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Editor Extensions is more than recommended to get the best of 5 times symmetry.

Before being disappointed, you have to know there is no IVA (it use "GenericSpace3" from one of the stock pod).

(for anyone wants to make one, the unity package is available here)

Download on kerbal stuff or mediafire .

Enjoy.

Edited by Justin Kerbice

Wow, not a single reply and already downvoted to 1 star...

Damn Trolls... :rolleyes:

I gave you a good, just for making a good first post with pics, explanations, multiple links and even a link to the unity package. The model isn't too bad either.

Edited by slumpie

Hmm, I've been thinking of dabbling in IVAs as there are a lot of great pods that have no IVA, or only have it blocked without texturing. So you get a reputation point just for making it easier for people like me to give it a go!

(This will have to wait a few weeks as real life is being REALLY REAL right now, so someone might beat me to this--but if not, I might try to build out the IVA....)

I've been looking for a bigger pod like this for a lander. I'm wondering if this works well with 2.5m parts.

Just use one of 1.25 -> 2.5 m adapter and let's fly ! :) (there are 3 pics of such case).

Thanks everyone, and yes, dumbs are everywhere (I just wonder WHEN people will finally understand thread rating is nothing related to downloadable stuff and rate poor/bad 1st thread as they deserve).

EDIT: it is also possible to do IVA without "source" model using Mu import Blender's script by Taniwha, and work with the exported thing, even if not perfect, as AFAIK you just need to make IVA model such a way it fits inside outside model.

But, most of the time license issue will prevent any kind of such improvements :/ which is very very sad.

Edited by Justin Kerbice

Very cool! I can see this in a Kerbal version of The Cube. :D

As far as IVA goes. anything larger than the exterior will work :). IVA is rendered on top so you'd only notice the outside mesh if the IVA is about the same size but mis-aligned; or smaller than the external. I have a few videos on setting up IVAs and Internal props in the model/texture section

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great pod!

One small issue though: The pod has a crew capacity of 5, but uses an internal (dummy) model with only 3 internal seats. This seems to cause issues with some other mods (e.g. Contract Configurator/Contract Pack: Tourism, see http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113621-0-90-Contract-Pack-Tourism-v1-0-0-2015-03-21?p=1819770&viewfull=1#post1819770 and I've also seen a related exception from Kerbal Stats).

The stock Mk3 Cockpit uses a dummy model ("Placeholder") that has more seats than needed. So, I recommend switching BizCoPo to the "Placeholder" space as well (until someone steps up and does a real model for BizCoPo :D).

Until this is incorporated: The following Module Manager config fixes the issues for me:

@PART[biza.KPIBIZACMP]:Final
{
@INTERNAL {
@name = Placeholder
}
}

• 1 month later...

For those of you, that like to try the BizCoPo in 1.0 (am I the only one?), this is the module manager config that seems to work for me (didn't test very long, though):

@PART[biza.KPIBIZACMP]:Final
{
@node_stack_bottom = 0, -1.638, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

@maxTemp = 900

@INTERNAL {
@name = Placeholder
}
}

The first item fixes the wrong attachment node orientation and the second adopts for the change from Celsius to Kelvin. The third fixes the issue described in my previous post.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.