Mac OSX hell

Am I the only one having lots of problem with KSP 0.24 with mods in OSX?

Yes.

KSP works just fine with mods on OSX, as long as you install them correctly. The main thing is don't replace your GameData directory (hint, read what any Finder popups tell you, and think about what you are doing - "Replace" means exactly that, getting rid of what's there and replacing it with something else - choose "Cancel" if the popup doesn't sound like what you wanted).

Edit: Oh yeah, and telling us what the actual problems are is mandatory, if you want any specific help or advice. "lots of problems" is almost entirely useless.

Edited by Murph

Yes.

KSP works just fine with mods on OSX, as long as you install them correctly. The main thing is don't replace your GameData directory (hint, read what any Finder popups tell you, and think about what you are doing - "Replace" means exactly that, getting rid of what's there and replacing it with something else - choose "Cancel" if the popup doesn't sound like what you wanted).

Edit: Oh yeah, and telling us what the actual problems are is mandatory, if you want any specific help or advice. "lots of problems" is almost entirely useless.

I know I'm not suppose to replace the Gamedata dir...

I'l try to be as specific as possible with a couple of examples:

Please note: the game crashes always when loading (loading the game itself, or loading launch, or loading space-center etc..)

never during game play.

First off my Mac: OSX 10.9.4 - MacBook Pro Retina Quad2.6Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TBFlashDrive (!)

Fresh new 0.24 Install

ModManager 2.3.5

Installed Nova Punch2 -- Works

Installed Mechjeb 2 -- Works

Installed EVE7-3 and Astronomer's EoO -- Crash at start

-----

ModManager 2.4.4

Installed Nova Punch2 -- Works

Installed EVE7-3 and Astronomer's EoO -- Crash at start

-----

ModManager 2.4.4

Installed EVE7-3 and Astronomer's EoO -- Works

Installed KW 2.6c -- Crash at start

-----

ModManager 2.4.4

Installed EVE7-3 and Astronomer's EoO -- Works

Installed FASA4.972 -- Crash at start

and these are just examples.. any clue?

Edited by t70

Please supply a complete player.log file from one of these crashing runs as well as any other information it asks for in the sticky "How to get support" thread...

ok here is the log from the example with KWR:

KSP: 0.24 OSX

Problem: Load freezes (KSP does not respond)

Mods installed:

Module Manager 2.4.4

MechJeb2.3.1

EVE7-4

Astronomers' Visual Pack Edges of Oblivion V3 (deleted .tga files as requested by the developer)

KWRocketry 2.6c

Reproduction steps:

The mods work until I install KWR or other mods listed in my last post. (FASA4.972 or Nova Punch2)

Log:

http://we.tl/iNRTKRw5cg

Edited by t70

That log doesn't show a freeze – can you make sure you upload the whole file, not copy & paste the text? You can find the file from Console by control+clicking on Player.log under Unity.

That said, this line almost certainly points to the problem:

Load freezes (KSP does not respond)

KSP for Mac OS X doesn't crash when it runs out of memory – it freezes. You'll need to install Active Texture Management to get texture-heavy mods like Astronomer's Pack, KW Rocketry, and NovaPunch to run. With all three, I wouldn't be surprised if you need to edit the ATM configs to reduce texture size even more.

It seems that my problem has ended Master Tao, thank you very much indeed.

I really hope to see 64bit version soon, in the meantime I will try to conquest the Kerbal System

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.